Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens combat/cargo trousers

• 13-06-2016 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I've been wearing shorts lately and I'm finding them really comfortable. I'd like something similar but with longer legs for when the weather gets a little cooler. Basically I'm looking for the same thing as my shorts but with full length legs. I'm not sure what people are calling them nowadays but I used to call them combat trousers. I think they may also be known as cargo pants/trousers.

I can't find them in the shops anywhere here so I might have to get some online but anything I've looked at on Amazon either looks like absolute rubbish or is way overpriced. Anyone know of a brand that makes decent quality combat/cargo trousers? I just want something really light and comfortable (with no polyester) to knock around in as an alternative to jeans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Try an army surplus or hiking store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'd avoid combat trousers with the pockets. Instead, you could go for a pair of light cotton chinos. Massimo Dutti have a nice pair of green / khaki ones, I tried them on the other day, a little more slim than baggy cargo pants would be, and infinitely more stylish. I know you are just looking for something comfortable to throw on, but come on, combats went out about 10 years ago.

There's a good number of high street shops that sell chinos but I've found them all to be too slim fit, and that's not great in hot weather.

You might have more luck in TK Maxx - I got a nice pair of white cotton / linen trousers in there for €17. They had many, many trousers (along the back rail in the Stephen's Green shop). Good choice.

Otherwise, M&S and the like will have combats / chinos etc, but they'll be cut a bit like "dad jeans" - wide at the leg and tapered at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I'd avoid combat trousers with the pockets. Instead, you could go for a pair of light cotton chinos. Massimo Dutti have a nice pair of green / khaki ones, I tried them on the other day, a little more slim than baggy cargo pants would be, and infinitely more stylish. I know you are just looking for something comfortable to throw on, but come on, combats went out about 10 years ago.

There's a good number of high street shops that sell chinos but I've found them all to be too slim fit, and that's not great in hot weather.

You might have more luck in TK Maxx - I got a nice pair of white cotton / linen trousers in there for €17. They had many, many trousers (along the back rail in the Stephen's Green shop). Good choice.

Otherwise, M&S and the like will have combats / chinos etc, but they'll be cut a bit like "dad jeans" - wide at the leg and tapered at the bottom.

Absolutely agree with this, cargo pants will make you look like a 90's throwback.

Slim fit chinos are the present day alternative to casual pants that arent jeans. I recently twisted my OH's arm into buying a pair and now he loves them and is going to buy more colours.

Slim fit chinos are the present day alternative to casual pants that arent jeans.....

Next aren't too bad for Chinos imo. Got a nice blue pair there that are a decent fit for me (I'm over 15 stone and average ht).

OP, if you must seek out a pair of combats Timberland store might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

Go to Outdoors Stores, they will be more likely to have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've seen them in Debenhams and Pennys, Next and Tesco (that's off the top of my head) I've also seen people wear branded ones such as Hollesler and Superdry.
    If you like wearing them OP. I'd say get them. I've had them in the past and they did suit me and they were comfortable and practical.

Advertisement