Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Figure8 cable in the city centre

Options
  • 13-06-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I'm flying into Dublin tomorrow and only have a European cable for my laptop charger. Where can I pick up a Figure 8 cable within the city centre? Haven't a clue where there are any electrical shops on O'Connell St or Grafton St and have no desire to walk around in the rain with a suitcase, so any help would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Any of the small Chinese owned tech shops will have these. For sure the one close to the junction of Talbot street and Gardiner street has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Why do you need a cable? Surely you need an adapter for 2 pin to 3 pin and can use your existing cable? Euro to UK. They sell them everywhere Tesco, Dealz, Supervalu, Eason, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Check the shops in the airport before you leave it. They are always a good bet for selling the kind of electronic accessories that travellers need, for obvious reasons. The Departure areas would probably be a better bet, than the Arrival areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Thanks it's not the adaptor I want, it's the other half of the cable itself. I have one at home home but won't be home in time to get it and am only travelling with half my charger, leaving the European end here and picking up the correctly fused one at home! I know I can get it in any electrical shop but just wondering where they are that's all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Arnotts have an electrical department & there is a Currys/PC World in the Jervis Centre at the bottom of Henry St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maplin on Jervis St?
    €16.45
    21 in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Try the back of the TV, Radio etc where your staying ;)

Advertisement