Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Setup from Dell?

Options
  • 13-06-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

OK I've 2800 to spend with Dell. (Yup has to be Dell)

I'm fairly new to gaming mainly play in friends so I'm looking for suggestions for what people would buy, I need everything monitor, keyboard etc. But I'm happy to pick up a few bits elsewhere myself if it makes more sense.

So what would you get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Bit of a waste but if you have buy from dell you could grab one of these

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/xps-8900-desktop/pd?oc=cdx8930&model_id=xps-8900-desktop

and

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dell-u3415w-monitor?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

And still have loads left over to upgrade graphics card and power supply (if required).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If it has to be from Dell?

Either an X51 (i5-6400, GTX 970) or Alienware 15 laptop (i7-6700HQ, GTX 980M)

Dell displays are pretty good.

E3 is on right now, maybe wait to see if they update their internals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Buy 2 monitors, sell second one and use that money to buy or build a proper system

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Buy 2 monitors, sell second one and use that money to buy or build a proper system

This is a good idea if possible. I know I have been looking for one if this 34" ones, but impruced out of it, even second hand for the dells! Went to order the AOC brand version yesterday as it was on special, but amazon won't deliver it to Ireland! I'll have to keep looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Redfox25 wrote: »

This is a good idea if possible. I know I have been looking for one if this 34" ones, but impruced out of it, even second hand for the dells! Went to order the AOC brand version yesterday as it was on special, but amazon won't deliver it to Ireland! I'll have to keep looking
    Use parcel motel and post to Northern Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Use parcel motel and post to Northern Ireland?

Are the lockers big enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Are the lockers big enough?

Probably not, but if it's oversized, you can pick it up from one of their depots for 7 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Parcel Wizard should also be an option, but don't go near Address Pal from An Post as their oversize fees are crazy.

ED E wrote: »
    Parcel Wizard should also be an option, but don't go near Address Pal from An Post as their oversize fees are crazy.

Cheers for the suggestions. I previously had a DOA ssd via parcel motel, tried to register for the free return to amazon and only had option for royal mail! They said not to bother returning it and refunded, but I'm wondering what's the case if this had been a larger item like a 34" monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

ED E wrote:

Any idea what the oversize fee for parcel wizard is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sneak wrote: »
    Any idea what the oversize fee for parcel wizard is?

Its on the site:
    Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.
    We will accept delivery of the parcel at the UK Virtual Address and we will contact you regarding the charges for delivery. Charges will be made at DPD Ireland's tariff rate.

So you can check what DPD would normally charge to deliver a package of X size on the regular site.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Razzen wrote: »
    OK I've 2800 to spend with Dell. (Yup has to be Dell)
    Dunno what Dell are like now, but in the past, they give you the minimum PSU, and no upgrade slots. So ensure you have upgrade slots if you go the Dell route.

I'm assuming grant, and/or work thing?

Advertisement