Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum distance from eir cabinet

Options
  • 13-06-2016 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey guys

I currently live about a kilometer and a half from the nearest active cabinet and we're getting download speeds of 1.7 and upload of 0.2 on a good day. Are we too far from the cabinet to get even halfway decent speeds? Thanks for your time guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

sumpector wrote: »
    Hey guys

I currently live about a kilometer and a half from the nearest active cabinet and we're getting download speeds of 1.7 and upload of 0.2 on a good day. Are we too far from the cabinet to get even halfway decent speeds? Thanks for your time guys.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]sumpector,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would usually need to be between 2 KM's from the cabinet to avail of the service however the further you are away from the cabinet will affect the speed your line is capable of. It's also important to bear in mind that lines are not laid as the crow flies and may take different routes from the cabinet before it reaches your home so the distance from the cabinet to your home could be more than 1.5 KM. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend speaking with the technical support team and they should be able to offer you clarification on this. You can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement