Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a new Router?

Options
  • 13-06-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi EIR

Happy eir eFiber customer for 1.5 years with no issues. Recently though, for the past 2 months or so, i have noticed a slowness/lag/time out with my connection. I work in IT so i done all the basic troubleshooting and as far as i can make out, its down to the router itself and not the connection to the house. In order to temporarily rectify the issue i have to reboot the router, which fixes the issue for a few hours. When i go to the router admin page, the RAM on the box is almost maxed out at 99.9% usage, which cant be good.

I have tried doing a firmware update as well as a hard reset, none of which has helped.

is it possible to get a new router sent out?

many thanks in advance

Robert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi EIR

Happy eir eFiber customer for 1.5 years with no issues. Recently though, for the past 2 months or so, i have noticed a slowness/lag/time out with my connection. I work in IT so i done all the basic troubleshooting and as far as i can make out, its down to the router itself and not the connection to the house. In order to temporarily rectify the issue i have to reboot the router, which fixes the issue for a few hours. When i go to the router admin page, the RAM on the box is almost maxed out at 99.9% usage, which cant be good.
    I have tried doing a firmware update as well as a hard reset, none of which has helped.

is it possible to get a new router sent out?

many thanks in advance

Robert
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oB1,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I’m so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 options 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If a new modem is needed they will arrange this for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement