Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Can you buy the roccbox anywhere in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I ordered the Ooni as we are pizza lovers, was not aware of the referral links though:(

Anyone know where to order the gas online? I believe its the patio gas that is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

krissovo wrote: »
    I ordered the Ooni as we are pizza lovers, was not aware of the referral links though:(

Anyone know where to order the gas online? I believe its the patio gas that is needed.

Depends where you are. If in Dublin, then FloGas is one that delivers.

https://shop.flogas.ie/collections/bottled-gas/products/patio-cylinder-fill-10-89kg-dublin-only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Wasn't sure what everyone was ranting and raving about with that Ooni, but just watched an unboxing video there of 16 very impressive 90 seconds for a steaming pizza! How are the smaller ones? Definitely worth investing in.

I have the Ooni Koda and the Ooni 3 - Both will make you a perfect 12" pizza in 90 seconds.

Beware though - it takes a bit of practice but the 'accidental calzones' are part of the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ned01

Has anyone hooked this propane bottle up to a Koda?

https://shop.flogas.ie/collections/bottled-gas/products/propane-cylinder-fill-10-89kg-dublin-only

They do delivery and none of my local shops have propane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I have the Ooni Koda and the Ooni 3 - Both will make you a perfect 12" pizza in 90 seconds.

Beware though - it takes a bit of practice but the 'accidental calzones' are part of the fun.

Would you have to keep turning it within that 90 seconds? Will it cook evenly without being turned? The 16 looks like there is a lot room for that for any size pizza but with the smaller ones this might be difficult.

First thing that came to mind was why the pizza stone at the base isn't broke into 2 parts one with a turntable underneath so you can turn a pizza easier for an even cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I found a discount code for 20% for the EU website. :cool:

It can only be used once per customer (I'm sure you can get around it by using a different email/IP Address but it's just easier to order all at once if you know it's a one off code per account).

Bear in mind if your basket total falls below the free shipping offer of €99 after you apply the discount, then you'll be charged €20 shipping. So if you're buying accessories you've to spend at least €125 to make it worthwhile. Hard enough at the moment as most of the desirable ones are out of stock. :mad:

The code is PIZZAISLOVELY

I found it on a FaceBook post that was quite dated so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Ooni make it null and void.

Happy shopping. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭blueskys

Hi all
    Bought the Ooni koda gas version, just wondering if anyone has changed the regulator to make it work with butane gas (yellow cylinders) rather than propane
    (red cylinders). It says on the back it will take both. Just that Butane is cheaper and i always have two cylinders out the back anyway.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ned01 wrote: »
    Has anyone hooked this propane bottle up to a Koda?

https://shop.flogas.ie/collections/bottled-gas/products/propane-cylinder-fill-10-89kg-dublin-only

They do delivery and none of my local shops have propane.

Haven't used it but that one will fit fine. The patio gas one fits too and they have gaslight plastic propane cylinders that are a lot lighter. They do that in a smaller 5kg cylinder too which would be handy for portability.

I'd like the idea of gas for convenience camping but wouldn't fancy transporting a propane cylnder in the car with a fully loaded car with the family. Even the small one is a bit heavy for a roofbox? Might just stick to charcoal camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Got my Koda this evening, absolutely fantastic improvement over the kitchen oven, used my own dough and Ooni’s dough (which is lower hydration) and would def do Ooni’s dough again. Tried garlic bread for the first time ever, was delish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great airy crust on that garlic bread Pete, you must be in heaven ;)
    Would you have to keep turning it within that 90 seconds? Will it cook evenly without being turned? The 16 looks like there is a lot room for that for any size pizza but with the smaller ones this might be difficult.

First thing that came to mind was why the pizza stone at the base isn't broke into 2 parts one with a turntable underneath so you can turn a pizza easier for an even cook.

yeah if the Ooni is at very high temperatures then the pizza needs turning or the side closet to the flame will burn. I normally do about 40 seconds, then a quarter turn for 20 seconds then repeat that again twice until the crust is uniform in colour. .

There is a specific pizza peel for turning pizzas, rather than square in shape it is round, about the size of a dinner plate. The idea is you can give them a quater turn without having to take the pizza out of the the oven at all. You slide it underneath the base and then pivot the long handle away from your body to the left and it turns the pizza. I havent got one yet but will at some stage as it would be handier to turn the pizza without have to take it out of the oven at all. Right now I get it out on the square peel and turn it with an oven mitt on and then back in it goes.

This is it, if you're getting one avoid the versions with a short handle or you'll end up with burnt knuckles, it has to be long.

HTB1vpzpIVXXXXcfXXXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg_.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Pipmae wrote: »

It can only be used once per customer (I'm sure you can get around it by using a different email/IP Address but it's just easier to order all at once if you know it's a one off code per account).

Bear in mind if your basket total falls below the free shipping offer of €99 after you apply the discount, then you'll be charged €20 shipping. So if you're buying accessories you've to spend at least €125 to make it worthwhile. Hard enough at the moment as most of the desirable ones are out of stock. :mad:

The code is PIZZAISLOVELY

I found it on a FaceBook post that was quite dated so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Ooni make it null and void.

Happy shopping. ;)

You legend - that has convinced me to make the jump! I’ve to wait till June but for good pizza though!
    Thanks for the code

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Ryath

Pipmae wrote: »

Happy shopping. ;)

Damn you I'm tempted to cancel my Karu now and order the Koda. :confused: Karu isn't available to pre order anymore so don't know if it works on that. It's not working for the Frya for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Petunia11

Do they charge to your account straight away or wait until dispatch?

Petunia11 wrote: »
    Do they charge to your account straight away or wait until dispatch?

Charge you when you click purchase. I ordered my Koda on the 11th Apr, dispatches 3 days ago and delivered today by DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 36 villamar

My Koda has been dispatched so awaiting delivery. I have used butane, ordinary yellow cylinder gas with my bbq as easier to buy than propane. Ooni recommends propane gas with koda. Has anyone changed the regulator on oven and used butane gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Great airy crust on that garlic bread Pete, you must be in heaven ;)

yeah if the Ooni is at very high temperatures then the pizza needs turning or the side closet to the flame will burn. I normally do about 40 seconds, then a quarter turn for 20 seconds then repeat that again twice until the crust is uniform in colour. .

There is a specific pizza peel for turning pizzas, rather than square in shape it is round, about the size of a dinner plate. The idea is you can give them a quater turn without having to take the pizza out of the the oven at all. You slide it underneath the base and then pivot the long handle away from your body to the left and it turns the pizza. I havent got one yet but will at some stage as it would be handier to turn the pizza without have to take it out of the oven at all. Right now I get it out on the square peel and turn it with an oven mitt on and then back in it goes.

This is it, if you're getting one avoid the versions with a short handle or you'll end up with burnt knuckles, it has to be long.

Really nice result for your first go. It's addictive for sure.

Re Turning - I usually do 3 turns in the 90 seconds - turn the pizza in thirds - If the one side needs a final going over it goes back in.

Like above I use a peel to turn. Pull the pizza out quickly, rotate and back in - 3 seconds max. This also helps as a guide to when how cooked your crust is.

It is VERY easy to burn your pizza if you get distracted - it still do it from time to time - don't get distracted when a pizza is in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭blueskys

villamar wrote: »
    My Koda has been dispatched so awaiting delivery. I have used butane, ordinary yellow cylinder gas with my bbq as easier to buy than propane. Ooni recommends propane gas with koda. Has anyone changed the regulator on oven and used butane gas?

This is what i'm planning to do- just waiting for the shops to open again to get a new regulator. Don't think it should be a problem as it says on the underside it will accept butane or propane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wisesmurf wrote: »

It is VERY easy to burn your pizza if you get distracted - it still do it from time to time - don't get distracted when a pizza is in the oven.

yeah without doubt, burning them is very easy at those high temperatures and I've done it myself a few times. It needs constant attention for the short time it is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭samo

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Charge you when you click purchase. I ordered my Koda on the 11th Apr, dispatches 3 days ago and delivered today by DPD

Hi, just wondering I ordered my Ooni Koda last Friday 24th from the Ooni website but didn’t get a confirmation email, were you waiting long for that in between dispatch?

Cheers - I did send them a chat to ask but was bit of a generic reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 villamar

I ordered April 15th. Received notification today that oven is on the way!! Can't wait to try it out next week if I can get propane gas

samo wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering I ordered my Ooni Koda last Friday 24th from the Ooni website but didn’t get a confirmation email, were you waiting long for that in between dispatch?

About 3 or four days from the dispatch email, DPD tracking is pretty poor but was quick enough and box was in perfect condition... have heard horror stories of stones and peels being bent and broken, was dreading it after 18 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Check your junk mail box?

Just gone and ordered the Koda. Thanks for the discount code, worked a treat.

Now to tell the wife.........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

FYP
    Just gone and ordered the Koda. Thanks for the discount code, worked a treat.

Now to tell the wife about the 50% off code i found online...;)

oleras wrote: »
    FYP

She was surprisingly calm about it. Maybe something to do with the small fortune she spent on a garden swing seat she had delivered yesterday. :D

Poor courier who delivered yesterday looked wrecked. His van was full to the brim, garden stuff he said. Lots of it!

villamar wrote: »
    I ordered April 15th. Received notification today that oven is on the way!! Can't wait to try it out next week if I can get propane gas

Nolan’s in Clontarf have propane if that’s any help. Alternatively you can order it direct from flogas. https://shop.flogas.ie//collections/bottled-gas

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Have gone for the Koda

Any advice on a decent peel for me pick up while I wait for my shipment?

I think I got a confirmation the following day?

• Advertisement

ronan.h wrote: »
    Have gone for the Koda

Any advice on a decent peel for me pick up while I wait for my shipment?

Same question was asked a few pages back I think, search for “peel” and you should find it

Any 12 inch peel will do, nisbets or any decent kitchen place. The ooni ones look very good, but I think they’re out of stock

Advertisement