Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

jasonhn wrote: »
    any Ooni discount codes working? I'm thinking ill place an order for they Fyra

I have a 10% that is valid until 18th July if that's of any use. I'll have to PM it as it's a one off code.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Same here please if theres a code going spare, a mate looking for one asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

The Nal wrote: »
    Same here please if theres a code going spare, a mate looking for one asap

I think I've a second one. I'll PM you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Lidl are selling those bbq lighters made from compressed wood shavings from this Thursday 16th. 32 lighters in the pack for €2.49

I've done away with fire lighters a while back after I learned this trick.

Get some kitchen paper towel fold it over a couple of times, pour some cooking oil over it and light it....boom! all natural. Might want to leave one corner dry to make it easy to catch but it works great for me. Never caught short and it burns sufficiently long to start any fire.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I've done away with fire lighters a while back after I learned this trick.

Get some kitchen paper towel fold it over a couple of times, pour some cooking oil over it and light it....boom! all natural. Might want to leave one corner dry to make it easy to catch but it works great for me. Never caught short and it burns sufficiently long to start any fire.

I save up corks from wine bottles ,excellent for starting fire in my pizza oven (obviously not plastic ones)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Crisps work well as "kindling".

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Got my notification from Ooni to say my Karu is on the way. Ordered on the 5th of May!
    Now to get my hands on a peel as Ali Express have let me down. For Shame Ali!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Bassfish wrote: »
    Got my notification from Ooni to say my Karu is on the way. Ordered on the 5th of May!
    Now to get my hands on a peel as Ali Express have let me down. For Shame Ali!

I got an email from them last Thursday saying it has been sent to the courier. The only update on the track and trace so far is
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

I asked them about it on Twitter and they said couriers are having delays updating packages but it is in transit. So don't dismay if the courier page isn't updating as quickly as you like.

Nokotan wrote: »
    I got an email from them last Thursday saying it has been sent to the courier. The only update on the track and trace so far is

I asked them about it on Twitter and they said couriers are having delays updating packages but it is in transit. So don't dismay if the courier page isn't updating as quickly as you like.
    Ah man! I just want the damn thing at this stage. It took less time to buy my house!

Ah man! I just want the damn thing at this stage. It took less time to buy my house!

I ordered a Kodi so maybe Karu are moving quicker........

• Advertisement

Nokotan wrote: »

My Fyra shipped on June 29th and was with GLS in Amsterdam for 10 days or so. Took 2 weeks to the day from shipment notification until delivery.

The Nal wrote: »
    My Fyra shipped on June 29th and was with GLS in Amsterdam for 10 days or so. Took 2 weeks to the day from shipment notification until delivery.

More time to practice my dough making I guess! I cannot make round shaped sough to save my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You really do need a peel for your Ooni. The stone is far too hot to be going near it with your hands.

Nisbets have them

https://www.nisbets.ie/vogue-wood-handle-aluminium-pizza-peel-31x36cm/ge208

For the Koda you need a 12" wide one. 14" won't fit. Not sure about the others......

Edit: I see that one from Nisbets is not available until September. The world has gone pizza crazy!

This one's in stock. Just saw the handle shorter.
    https://www.nisbets.ie/vogue-pizza-peel-large/s480

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

I got the Webber pizza peel. Local Garden centre had stock. Handy for storage as the handle folds.
    https://www.weber.com/IE/en/accessories/cooking/barbecue-tools/6691.html

More time to practice my dough making I guess! I cannot make round shaped sough to save my life!

Doesn't have to be perfectly round. I find a little less water in the dough helps shape it better. And for the Ooni, because you'll be working fairly quickly, or maybe leaving a ready made pizza on the counter for a bit, thats a good thing as its less likely to stick.

And yeah, you defo need a peel. I'm using one I picked in TJ Maxx for 6 quid and its perfect.

Making my own mozzarella for tomorrow night’s pizzas. Anyone done it before? Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

You really do need a peel for your Ooni. The stone is far too hot to be going near it with your hands.

Nisbets have them

https://www.nisbets.ie/vogue-wood-handle-aluminium-pizza-peel-31x36cm/ge208

For the Koda you need a 12" wide one. 14" won't fit. Not sure about the others......

Edit: I see that one from Nisbets is not available until September. The world has gone pizza crazy!

This one's in stock. Just saw the handle shorter.
    https://www.nisbets.ie/vogue-pizza-peel-large/s480

Tip I was told by nisbets staff when there’s a long lead time to check there uk site and if it’s in stock there they will send it over to Ireland to be processed. Just takes some extra time.

https://tommyvarden.ie/pizza-peel-wood-hndl-12x14-blade-26-l/
    Ordered this one today. Says its being dispatched tomorrow!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Making my own mozzarella for tomorrow night’s pizzas. Anyone done it before? Any tips?
    None but i want to know how it goes.
    Are you gonna dry it out a bit too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Cuckooland in UK have the fyra available atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Ordered the Koda on 27th April and I received a dispatch notice today
    At least I’ve had time to be perfecting my dough...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The delivery times really are something else. I suppose it was a perfect storm of the Ooni becoming really mainstream this year and then the lockdown on top where people have more time on their hands and are cooking more at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Dispatch notifications are not meaningful. GLS didn't even have the item until over a week after Ooni notified that it was dispatched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I bought the gas attachment for my Karu and used it for the first time last night,the difference between the gas and wood is like night and day for me,i could never get the temperature high enough with the wood and always had a soggy base ,but with the gas i had a nice crispy base,for anyone looking for a nice cheese i got some Tesco finest buffalo mozzarella and it tasted great ,i left it out on kitchen paper for about 2hrs to dry out before putting it on the pizza.

Tree wrote: »
    None but i want to know how it goes.
    Are you gonna dry it out a bit too?

At this late stage, probably not! :rolleyes:

Well that was relatively easy! (If you have the citric acid, rennet and cheese salt).

Need to work on the stretching bit.

B97773-D9-6927-4744-A127-3-CB73-FFC3870.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

That’s interesting - how does it taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Well that was relatively easy! (If you have the citric acid, rennet and cheese salt).

Need to work on the stretching bit.

B97773-D9-6927-4744-A127-3-CB73-FFC3870.jpg

My first thought was “you need to kneed that way more”

My first thought was “you need to kneed that way more”

Same!

My order has moved to 'In Transit To Your Region', exciting times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Its finally happened... I’ve cooked so much pizza lately I’m sick of it! :(

Havent even done any in the last 2 weeks and still cant bring myself to do more.. maybe another 2 week break then I’ll attack again.

Ps, that mozzarella is cool! Fair play

Advertisement