Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

Irishder wrote: »
    My order was place on Nov 25th order number EU390XX. I got a tracking number and says it was picked up.

Cheers, mine is EU378XX but no tracking number unfortunately. Really hope it's not back to late March for my delivery after they initially mailed to say it'd arrive before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

Muahahaha wrote: »
    For anyone interested in American style pizza Snackmasters are doing a program on Dominoes pizza on Channel 4 Thursday 8pm. Two chefs will attempt to re-create a Dominoes pizza, should be good for some dough tips

It's on the All4 app, watching it now, thanks for the heads-up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Happy Christmas all!

Has anyone purchased Caputo Gluten Free Flour in an actual shop in Ireland?

I got 3 packs off amazon in November for 25 pounds but it would handy to have something local. I'm in Kerry/Cork area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Apologies if this has been asked previously.......

I bought an Ooni Karu and gas regulator a few months ago but am only setting it up now. Attached the gas regulator today to check all is well but it's the wrong connection! It's the 37mBar which I believe is correct, but a push type fitting regulator, whereas the propane cylinder has a screw fitting. I know the regulators in UK and Ireland are different - I'm guessing Ooni send UK regulators with their 37mBar equipment and I need to buy an Irish version?!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I bought an Ooni Karu and gas regulator a few months ago but am only setting it up now. Attached the gas regulator today to check all is well but it's the wrong connection! It's the 37mBar which I believe is correct, but a push type fitting regulator, whereas the propane cylinder has a screw fitting. I know the regulators in UK and Ireland are different - I'm guessing Ooni send UK regulators with their 37mBar equipment and I need to buy an Irish version?!

You can get a push type gas cylinder. This is the one I have. You might need to just take the cylinder back and swap it or just buy another

• Advertisement

Pete123456 wrote: »
    You can get a push type gas cylinder. This is the one I have. You might need to just take the cylinder back and swap it or just buy another

That's a butane cylinder though I think? It's propane I have - red cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

What size is your cylinder? The smaller tanks, including propane afaik, are the push type. The larger cylinders are definitely the screw top. I think the screw top starts at 19kg.

scarepanda wrote: »
    What size is your cylinder? The smaller tanks, including propane afaik, are the push type. The larger cylinders are definitely the screw top. I think the screw top starts at 19kg.

It's the 'normal' size - about 12kg or so. Not hugely familiar with them as haven't used them before but would imagine it's bog standard.

Im not too familiar either tbh. We have 2 34kg(?) Cylinders that are nearly full. They were being used on a gas stove that we replaced and they have the screw top. I want to get a proper regulator and quick release fittings so we can use them for the Karu. Although with lockdowns and stuff we'll just get a regular sized push top cylinder for now.

That's a butane cylinder though I think? It's propane I have - red cylinder.

Nope, it’s a flogas propane cylinder. Have a chat to your local distributor, they should be able to tel you over the phone if they have them. I think the colours differ between flogas and calor.

• Advertisement

scarepanda wrote: »
    Im not too familiar either tbh. We have 2 34kg(?) Cylinders that are nearly full. They were being used on a gas stove that we replaced and they have the screw top. I want to get a proper regulator and quick release fittings so we can use them for the Karu. Although with lockdowns and stuff we'll just get a regular sized push top cylinder for now.

I’m not sure about the larger cylinders but I know for sure you can get several fitting types on the small cylinders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Patio gas is the term. Any hardware store should have them.

Might be a bit late in the season to get them freely but ask a few places. I think they're 11.6 kg.

Just had a look and it's a FloGas propane 10.89kg cylinder (red). Checked the FloGas website and it seems their patio gas cylinders (which is propane) have push fittings, but their red propane cylinders have a screw fitting despite holding the same gas.....WTF?!

Just rang the supplier and have to say fair play - despite me having the cylinder here for weeks, they're happy to swap it for a patio gas cylinder.....hopefully that's me sorted and the Ooni regulator is a match for that!

Just had a look and it's a FloGas propane 10.89kg cylinder (red). Checked the FloGas website and it seems their patio gas cylinders (which is propane) have push fittings, but their red propane cylinders have a screw fitting despite holding the same gas.....WTF?!

Its probably something to do with what the cylinder is being used for. Patio gas I'd presume with a push fitting is designed for something that can be moved fairly often where as a screw fitting may be an option for gas cookers that would be in a permanent position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

The Calor propane gas cylinder needed is grey in colour and called patio gas. The Flogas one is cream and also called patio gas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I just get the patio gas from woodies and its the push type

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I ordered a Ferrari pizza oven a few months ago after an amazing pizza night at a friend's place, and it arrived today.

Well, wow.

Beautiful puffy stone baked pizza in 4 minutes.

Learned a few lessons. Base should be very thin and toppings scant. The peel should be very well floured before adding the base.

Amazing really. Delighted with ourselves. Don't think we'll order pizza again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have pizza oven envy - my daughter got an ooni for Christmas and she cooked for us just before lockdown. I couldn't believe how amazing the pizza were.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I have pizza oven envy - my daughter got an ooni for Christmas and she cooked for us just before lockdown. I couldn't believe how amazing the pizza were.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭wandererz

For anyone interested in American style pizza Snackmasters are doing a program on Dominoes pizza on Channel 4 Thursday 8pm. Two chefs will attempt to re-create a Dominoes pizza, should be good for some dough tips

Just watched the replay on the All 4 app.
    Has anyone else got any good tidbits out of this show?

The 240C for 6mins is what I would use for a standard oven normally. In fact my AEG goes up to 300C so I sometimes set it to this for about 30-60secs less.

Proving at 2C for 24-48hrs - got to try this.

Cornmeal when rolling out the dough - another one to try. I normally use plain flour and then sprinkle of semolina on bottom to prevent sticking

Have no probs with the way my pizzas turn out in the Ooni, but always tempted to try something different.

Even without the Ooni, you can try out the various doughs & toppings in the kitchen oven.
    Just set it to max temp and cook for longer.

It allows you to experiment before forking out for a specialty oven.

With the outdoor temp at - 1C to - 7C not many people would be venturing outside to light up a pizza oven anyway.

Perhaps order the Ooni if you are inclined to and while you wait a few months for delivery, practice indoors.

That way you could be a pizza megastar by the spring or summer time!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

wandererz wrote: »
    Just watched the replay on the All 4 app.
    Has anyone else got any good tidbits out of this show?

The 240C for 6mins is what I would use for a standard oven normally. In fact my AEG goes up to 300C so I sometimes set it to this for about 30-60secs less.

Proving at 2C for 24-48hrs - got to try this

Cornmeal when rolling out the dough - another one to try. I normally use plain flour and then sprinkle of semolina on bottom to prevent sticking

Have no probs with the way my pizzas turn out in the Ooni, but always tempted to try something different.

Cold proving for 2-3 definitely allows the yeast to develop a deeper flavour. Regards Dominoes Ive seen videos on Youtube where they add garlic oil all around the crust when the pizza is cooked.

This site is American centric but is an excellent resource if you want recipes for various doughs. Theres a lot of clone recipes there for Dominoes pizza, Papa Johns, etc
    https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=lg271mlggq3sccfuk9af40kdq7&

Cold proving for 2-3 definitely allows the yeast to develop a deeper flavour. Regards Dominoes Ive seen videos on Youtube where they add garlic oil all around the crust when the pizza is cooked.

This site is American centric but is an excellent resource if you want recipes for various doughs. Theres a lot of clone recipes there for Dominoes pizza, Papa Johns, etc
    https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=lg271mlggq3sccfuk9af40kdq7&

Hmm Papa Johns...
    I went insane over their pizzas when I lived in the States ~20yrs ago.

Very disappointed with the output here though.
    Even though, every time I see a Papa Johns sign I'm tempted to order. Yet I don't because fear of disappointment!

Thanks for the link!

This conversation has got me thinking about ingredients, toppings etc. and there were previous mentions of UK based suppliers.

You don't need to.
    There is an excellent supplier right here in Ireland when it comes to cheeses, meat etc.

I mentioned Toon Bridge Dairy before.
    They're based out of Cork but also have a shop in Dublin.
    Sadly I didn't get a second chance to check out the Dublin shop before Level 5 kicked in.
    Not sure if they are still open during L5. Should be, as they are a food supplier.

I did order online for delivery though!
    There is a delivery charge, but do check the expenditure amounts as one can get free delivery from about €50 or above.
    I missed out by €10 because it wasn't highlighted.

My favourites are their
    Mozzarella balls,
    Pizza Mozzarella,
    Scamorza - ����������
    nduja - ����������

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Even without the Ooni, you can try out the various doughs & toppings in the kitchen oven.
    Just set it to max temp and cook for longer.

It allows you to experiment before forking out for a specialty oven.

With the outdoor temp at - 1C to - 7C not many people would be venturing outside to light up a pizza oven anyway.

Perhaps order the Ooni if you are inclined to and while you wait a few months for delivery, practice indoors.

That way you could be a pizza megastar by the spring or summer time!

I've been making my own pizza dough/pizzas since the early 90s. And they're lovely, in fact that's what we're having tonight. They're not a patch on the ones from a pizza oven though.
    We cooked the last ones in my daughter's Ooni in her back garden in the frost :pac:

I've been making my own pizza dough/pizzas since the early 90s. And they're lovely, in fact that's what we're having tonight. They're not a patch on the ones from a pizza oven though.
    We cooked the last ones in my daughter's Ooni in her back garden in the frost :pac:

Gas fired or wood / pellet fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Stumbled across this 'Ooni Owners Ireland' group if any of ye are interested... https://www.facebook.com/groups/ooniownersireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So do you think you might buy one to add to the collection of kitchen gadgets :)

• Advertisement

Gas fired or wood / pellet fired?

Dual - but she used the gas.
    So do you think you might buy one to add to the collection of kitchen gadgets :)

It's only a matter of time... ;)

Advertisement