Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 villamar

I bought Koda this week and wasn't on sale for €239. Approx €250 and then get 5% discount when you subscribe to mailing list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Out of stock now anyway. Ya snooze ya lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

I’ve included a photo of the cylinder connection type that my Ooni Koda connects to and the Ooni connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

domcq wrote: »
    I’ve included a photo of the cylinder connection type that my Ooni Koda connects to and the Ooni connector.

Cheers Dom, it was the only thing I was slightly apprehensive about... do you use propane? Easily gotten?

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

domcq wrote:

Exact same as my BBQ. Means I can use the same cannister for both. Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Pete123456 wrote:
    Cheers Dom, it was the only thing I was slightly apprehensive about... do you use propane? Easily gotten?

Standard Calor Patio Gas seems to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Pete123456 wrote: »

Thanks a mill
    Any place that sells gas should have propane also. A red tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 villamar

I have a standard yellow cylinder. Can this be used when purchasing a propane gas cylinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

Thanks a mill

The grey patio gas cylinder I have is propane as far as I know. Works a treat 👍.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone have a recommendation for decent size pizza peel?

• Advertisement

I got one in Musgraves, was about €20 and is 12inchs across and square. You could also get one in Nisbets, but delivery is a bit pricey unless you’re getting other stuff.

The Ooni perforated one looks good but it’s quite expensive and out of stock I think.

If you google it there are a few places that will come up, they’re generally grand for home use I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This one is good....

https://collect.pallasfoods.com/thunder-pizza-pale-26-inch-490499.html

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

https://www.qvcuk.com/Ooni-Koda-Gas-Powered-Outdoor-Pizza-Oven-with-Peel-&-Cover.product.519721.html?irgwc=1&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-0.00-_-0.00-_-.

Works out €285 delivered with peel and bag (vs ~€310 for the same setup on ooni webiste) - possibly €270 with Quidco.

Bit of practice before the Koda arrives ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Can I ask if anyone who has an Ooni pizza oven has used the Weber BBQ pizza stone? I'm just looking to compare the quality of the pizzas. I assume the Ooni is by far the nicer one but before I bite the bullet I thought I'd ask here.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Can I ask if anyone who has an Ooni pizza oven has used the Weber BBQ pizza stone? I'm just looking to compare the quality of the pizzas. I assume the Ooni is by far the nicer one but before I bite the bullet I thought I'd ask here.

I’m willing to let you know how the Ooni Koda compares to the oven with pizza stone as soon as I get the Ooni 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Bit of practice before the Koda arrives ðŸ˜

They look really good,any chance of the dough recipe?

They look really good,any chance of the dough recipe?

Sure, no prob. I don’t have 00 flour at the moment but I usually use a 50:50 strong flour to plain flour. I found the attached recipe to be great, he has adjusted the AVPN pizza rules to a normal oven and accounted for temp and hydration.

Book is “The Elements of Pizza” - his meatballs are delish and he gives several dough and pizza recipes

With all dough-making processes, it always worried me the amount of cling film that was used.

You need to cover the dough to stop it drying out. Cling film’s brilliant for what you need it for but it’s so wasteful.

To try and reduce the amount I use, I bought a set of mixing bowls with silicon lids for mixing and the initial prove. The second prove, I cover the dough with a tea towel. Damp would probably be better but I’ve always used it dry.

I’m using about 90% less cling film than before.

With all dough-making processes, it always worried me the amount of cling film that was used.

You need to cover the dough to stop it drying out. Cling film’s brilliant for what you need it for but it’s so wasteful.

To try and reduce the amount I use, I bought a set of mixing bowls with silicon lids for mixing and the initial prove. The second prove, I cover the dough with a tea towel. Damp would probably be better but I’ve always used it dry.

I agree with you, I had planned on picking up a dough box but I think I’m going to get some dough tubs with the silicon lids - I’m deadly for using cling film at the moment

• Advertisement

To try and reduce the amount I use, I bought a set of mixing bowls with silicon lids for mixing and the initial prove.
    Where did you buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I use hotel shower caps until they eventually fall apart. I picked up a set of the silicone bowl covers in aldi last week but they are nowhere near big enough for my mixing bowls unfortunately, more for cereal bowls.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Where did you buy them?

I got mine in Aldi last year. I know Lidl had them as well. Google mixing bowls with lids.

When the dough is proving, I have a couple of large elastic bands to wrap around the bowl/lid. They stop the lids popping off with a sudden bang that frightens the bejesus out of me every time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Any recommendations where to get 00 flour online?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Little Italy in Smithfield is my go to for all things Italian, they have 00 flour, San Marzano tomatoes, percorino cheese, basically everything you need for pizzas, they sell pizza peels too. They do delivery but there is a 7 day backlog at the moment. If you're near Dublin 7 their shop is open to the public, just ring the bell and they'll let you in
    http://www.littleitalyltd.com/

maximo31 wrote: »
    Are these only collection?

Yep. It’s shopping, you’re allowed. :)

The Koda gas is back in stock.

https://eu.ooni.com/collections/shop-all/products/ooni-koda?variant=18861716144195

I've decided to wait for the Koda 16 - the wait is going to crack me up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    <snip>
    just ring the bell and they'll let you in
    http://www.littleitalyltd.com/

Tell them Little Joe sent you :)

Advertisement