Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 beta link

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Don't think you should be sharing that link here to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Ok, I'll let the mods sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Does,your device need to be registered as a developer device?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

How's the stability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Not working

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have come across some issues with app crashes.
    Tomtom crashes when double clicking the home button .
    Newsify app doesn't open and crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

My Ulster Bank app keeps crashing, one of my most used app for paying bills, day to day banking, so had to revert back to 9.3.3. Other than that it was great and, once you had the profile installed, one of the easiest installs of a beta ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

The iOS 9 beta was the same iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 roykO

No issues so far.

The music app is dreadful looking.

Keep on getting "an error occurred installing iOS 10 beta1" seems some are getting it too. Happens when it goes to verify update. Maybe servers are overloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I installed it on an iPad mini 2 not long ago. A bit clunky going to the app switcher but no other problems so far.

Working away on iPad Air. Did crash and get a blue screen flash when seeing if the friends stock app would delete.
    IPhone Touch ID is broken, but home button still works. Only thing I can think of that's a bit off and caused a bit of an issue with a previous update

Dropbox has suspended the link due to too much traffic. Can anyone upload a mirror?

Edit: Some extra links on Reddit https://m.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/4nx2i9/ios_10_ota_device_configuration_profile/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

It's pretty crazy to put a beta OS on your main phone, especially beta 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    It's pretty crazy to put a beta OS on your main phone, especially beta 1.

+1

Especially since they revamped the messages app. Don't want to miss text messages and iMessages due to bugs.

Also of a bug messes up your data (deletes contacts, emails, files in the cloud, whatever, ...) Apple will provide no assistance as it is beta software and only meant for testing purposes.

I once installed a beta of the Photo app fro macOS as I was keen on trying new functionality and it was near-final and restricted to only one app. It messed-up metadata for some of my pictures and I had to spend a good bit of time restoring from a back-up. Learnt my lesson :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

we have the same discussion every year. people will put beta's on their phone and complain when a crucial app to their daily lives crashes.

there's no winning* but plenty of whinning :pac:.

*well there is, get your phone to buy you a test phone

Running it on my iPad air, surprisingly stable. All the apps that i tried worked, the new lock-screen is nice and the toggle menu has been re-designed.

Can't say i found too much else exciting. Will hold out before updating my iPhone as it gets worked alot harder and crashes would be more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Just noticed that on the screenshot that was shared by OP, it shows a notification from the news app. Is this now available for Irish users ?

• Advertisement

Just noticed that on the screenshot that was shared by OP, it shows a notification from the news app. Is this now available for Irish users ?

That's the Siri proactive screen (swipe from left to right on 1st page of home screen). News has been there since iOS 9.0. Not sure if the fully fledged news app is available in Ireland though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

That's the Siri proactive screen (swipe from left to right on 1st page of home screen). News has been there since iOS 9.0. Not sure if the fully fledged news app is available in Ireland though.

Yeah, I know about the proactive News feature.. which basically gives you about 8 news article most of which you don't care about and can't customise in anyway.. was just curious to see if they had the full news available.. sounds like it is a No then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

It's there if you change region to UK in settings > general > language and region. Will be there after a restart.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It's there if you change region to UK in settings > general > language and region. Will be there after a restart.
    Yup I'm aware of that but that's not the same as it being launched in Ireland.

Advertisement