Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Custom NSR Tail Fairing

• 13-06-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5 Birdypal

Hello all,

I made an account to ask the community on here a question as there always seems to be great answers.

I recently purchased an NSR 80cc after completing my IBT and I do understand it is a very small bike but it was the only one I could get insured on being so young.

I am curious to know about a custom Tail fairing I have seen online and I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge on this. (I am unable to include a photo but if you are to google "Honda NSR Custom tail fairing" it is the first result, it should be a place NSR)

Another question I have, is it possible to fit a tail fairing from a bigger CC NSR on the bike? or even a different bike entirely? and if so how would I go about doing so.

I do understand that these questions may come across as rather stupid but I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

Birdypal wrote: »
    Hello all,

I made an account to ask the community on here a question as there always seems to be great answers.

I recently purchased an NSR 80cc after completing my IBT and I do understand it is a very small bike but it was the only one I could get insured on being so young.

I am curious to know about a custom Tail fairing I have seen online and I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge on this. (I am unable to include a photo but if you are to google "Honda NSR Custom tail fairing" it is the first result, it should be a place NSR)

Another question I have, is it possible to fit a tail fairing from a bigger CC NSR on the bike? or even a different bike entirely? and if so how would I go about doing so.

I do understand that these questions may come across as rather stupid but I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere.

Thanks in advance! :)

The answer is pretty much you will need to be capable of making it yourself man. Buying a tail fairing and modifying it,if they dont make it there i no other way

Yes you can make any tail fairing fit,just depends how good you are with your hands..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Birdypal

Do you have any idea on how much that would cost? and if not do you know any of the processes involved in getting a different tail fairing to fit.

I appreciate your answer but how do you mean be good with my hands,

Thanks again for the speedy response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The answer is pretty much you will need to be capable of making it yourself man. Buying a tail fairing and modifying it, if they dont make it there i no other way
    Presume you mean fitting?
    Yes you can make any tail fairing fit, just depends how good you are with your hands..
    @OP With your hands usually means doing it yourself.

However, keeping the bike original is always the best bet (for selling it or keeping it).

Not your ornery onager

I would like to say thank you for all the replies.
    Yes you can make any tail fairing fit,just depends how good you are with your hands..

This to me is very vague and has no direction but I do appreciate all the answers it's just my opinion I guess.

I've found my answer and it's pretty much down to either getting it moulded or taking a Tail fairing from a similar bike and hoping it fits or moulding it to fit.

Thanks all I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Birdypal wrote: »
    I would like to say thank you for all the replies.

This to me is very vague and has no direction but I do appreciate all the answers it's just my opinion I guess.

I've found my answer and it's pretty much down to either getting it moulded or taking a Tail fairing from a similar bike and hoping it fits or moulding it to fit.

Thanks all I really appreciate it.

Not vague at all really, you just source whatever tail unit you like (pretty much any bike you like) and fabricate mounts to suit, these you will likely have to make yourself so it's all down to how 'handy' you are.

There are custom builders but this would be expensive (read hundreds if not more) and not really something you would undertake on a bike lite an NSR80.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement

I was speaking to one of the lads I work with who does a lot of work with Motorbikes and he pointed me in the right direction, There are a few sites out there that do Race tails and the frames are pretty similar throughout the low CC Honda series.

There's also (HONDA NSR 50 JHA - SEAT) Which I believe will fit onto it but thanks anyway for the answer.

Advertisement