Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making money during a rally

Options
  • 13-06-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Can someone advise me on ways to make money during donegal rally? I watch the rally every year and want to try to make money this one year only! Any ideas welcome selling or making stuff or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 webfruits

Step 1: Go to Rally in 3 days!!
    Step 2: ..............

Many many steps later: Profit or loss depending on previous steps!!

May have forgotten some steps.

(Comment may not be helpful)

Mod Note: Correct it was unhelpful and pointless, you have received a warning. If you dont have anything useful to post then just dont post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Rain ponchos, umbrellas, how much do you want to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Big foam fingers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Selling is the obvious route. When you have been previously has there been a time when you thought I wish I could get X nearby? If you are thinking it then its likely others are too and if its not available locally you can normally charge a premium for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Foot massages.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads cut out the nonsense, if you dont have something sensible to post then dont post and save yourself a ban.

Ok, sorry perhaps a bit tongue in cheek. Why don't you go to the forums where the spectators may chat about being at the races, (they're vicious nerds and love a chin wag) find out what they're talking about, what was great and what was missing and then find your niche there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Interesting documentary on RTE Radio 1 a few weeks ago. Jon Kenny who is a rallying fan did a back ground show on the set up behind the scenes at the Cork 20. Really good. Might give you an idea.
    All those docs are on RTE Player. Title Area 'Documentary on 1'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm amazed at the larger rallies, and forgive me if it has been done, why no one has put up tiered seating in consultation with the rally organizers at interesting sections.

ironclaw wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the larger rallies, and forgive me if it has been done, why no one has put up tiered seating in consultation with the rally organizers at interesting sections.

I'd say their insurance is already ridiculously high without adding tiered seating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Cause people would rather stand on the ditch for free. North West 200 stick up a stand and only charge £15 for the day yet it is half empty as most just stand by the road.

I was able to run a hospitality tent at a rally in the UK. It was in a stately houses garden and the stage ran through the garden and most teams bought a table for sponsors. Not cheap or easy to organise and huge risk but we made a bit of profit.

If you want a cheap outlay go buy sweets & drinks and sell them at the side of the road.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

maybe set up an exhaust repair service

or number plate pressing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

XR3i wrote: »
    maybe set up an exhaust repair service

or number plate pressing

Sell cheap tyres, and cones to wear them out diffing round.

Maybe print up some t-shirts to sell. Anything you think the boy racer types would buy. You could take pictures of their cars to sell to them.

Obvious one is umbrellas but it's got the potential to go wrong for you if it doesn't rain.

If you have 3 days to prepare, and only want to do this for one go (so can't buy stuff and shift stock next year etc) then I don't think you've any hope of selling anything bar, as has been said, sweets and drinks. Which you'll most likely end up having to buy at a normal retail store as you've no time to order in, meaning you'll have to charge a fair whack to make anything back, which will put a lot of people off.

That, and, are you allowed do this? Will you be stopped by anyone? Will the Gardai do a run of the course and check for people's licenses to flog stuff at the side of the road. Will you be labelled a danger to road safety and be told to pack up everything, etc. lots to consider.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Set up an ice cream stand, or hot food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

The OP is in the middle of his Leaving Cert. Give us a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Water John

And the Rally is gone, over last weekend.

Advertisement