Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited Competition License

Options
  • 13-06-2016 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can enter the national and provincial TT champs on a limited competition license.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Yes to both. I've entered the Leinster champs before on a LC license. Just checked the entry for the Nationals and LC is ok for the TT's.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

Hi Drops,
    According to Cycling Ireland you can use your limited competitive licence once you follow the following regulations:

Referring to http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/membership/membership-overview/types-of-membership1 :

"Types Of Membership
    Q. Limited Competition Licence

A. A limited competition licence allows you to compete in all domestic competition except open road races. It replaces the Restricted licence choices and also covers Club Competition. In other words you may use a Limited Competition licence to compete in Track, BMX, Off-Road, Time-Trials, Hill-Climbs, Club Racing, Bicycle-polo and Artistic Cycling. This licence is not specific to one discipline, it covers them all. It does not include Open Road Racing."

So from what I can gather you should be able to use it for time trial once you are not doing it on open road. Usually as far as I k ow time trial is usually on closed Road anyway so you should be covered. If someone else is more knowledgeable than me on open or closed Road fire away

You can view the national championships here:
    http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/events/national-championships

Hope I helped,
    MadDog1999

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭drops

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

MadDog1999 wrote: »
    A. A limited competition licence allows you to compete in all domestic competition except open road races... It does not include Open Road Racing."

So from what I can gather you should be able to use it for time trial once you are not doing it on open road. Usually as far as I k ow time trial is usually on closed Road anyway so you should be covered. If someone else is more knowledgeable than me on open or closed Road fire away
    Isn't an Open road race, a race open to all comers, unlike a club road race, which is restricted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Isn't an Open road race, a race open to all comers, unlike a club road race, which is restricted?

Correct, given that club races are held on open roads :) Probably more accurate to read it as open road-race, whereas I think MadDog1999 was reading it as open-road race. Either is understandable, but given the other qualifiers after it should be interpreted as the former.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

Ya,it is very confusing to me. I think it would be best that the OP contact cycling Ireland directly.

Advertisement