Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any cycling kit deals anywhere?

Options
  • 13-06-2016 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I may be starting road cycling soon so I am looking for good deals online which are a known brand. Is there any full kit like altura on eBay, Amazon or others? It needs to be pretty cheap. Max spending is 60 euro.

Basically I would like the shorts to be tight fitting, have a good pad and also for the Jersey to be relatively tight.

Thanks,
    MadDog1999

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

A lot of the online shops have mid season sales at the moment and once the tour starts there will be more deals around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I got the summer/winter bundle someone put up a few months ago. I really like the quality and they are comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

For shorts, Sportspursuit have had alright ones recently - I got pearl izumi ones for around €40. No idea what the last Aldi specials were like, but there was still a few knocking around when I was in one last week.

I've a few shorts from aliexpress, but they can be hit and miss - ok for 50-60km but above that the padding is shown up a bit. Great for jerseys, but the shorts area I've come to realise is somewhere to spend money on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

traprunner wrote:
    I got the summer/winter bundle someone put up a few months ago. I really like the quality and they are comfortable.

The problem with the vermac summer bundle there is no xs for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

MadDog1999 wrote: »
    The problem with the vermac summer bundle there is no xs for anything.

I'm far from xs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

traprunner wrote:
    I'm far from xs

That's the problem with my size. I am finding it hard to find a good deal in extra small

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

MadDog1999 wrote: »
    That's the problem with my size. I am finding it hard to find a good deal in extra small
    Give it to my misses to wash, she shrinks everything ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Macy0161 wrote: »
    For shorts, Sportspursuit have had alright ones recently - I got pearl izumi ones for around €40. No idea what the last Aldi specials were like, but there was still a few knocking around when I was in one last week.

I've a few shorts from aliexpress, but they can be hit and miss - ok for 50-60km but above that the padding is shown up a bit. Great for jerseys, but the shorts area I've come to realise is somewhere to spend money on!
    Those Aldi shorts are fine for rides up to about 3-4 hours, but I wore them for a 100k spin and was starting to chafe towards the end of the day. If the OP is just starting out (as I am) then they'd do fine, but I'm looking to invest in some better shorts now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement