Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Irish banter are you bored of it yet?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Jayop wrote: »
    What about the keyboard warriors on here showing begrudgery is alive and well?

Will you stop with the begrudgery bull****. Nobody is begrudging anybody anything. I'm not. I'm going there myself this week and next to party and watch football and mingle with people from all over the place and try to get in the knickers of some foreign babe. But I won't be taking part in shitty serenades of nuns or embarrassing crap like that and if a journalist or reporter approaches me I'm just going to speak candidly about my experiences with all the other nationalities and not try to ham it up for the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Fooking prix the lot of them. Over there, having a good time, behaving themselves, spending money, supporting the footballers. Waankers.

Most of them don't give a toss about the football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Who ****ing cares? Its beyond football, a pan-European tournament, its fantastic. The EU must love it:)Europeans mingling on an unprecedented level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Really? And you know this how? Anyone I know who doesn't give a toss about football (and there are quite a few on this thread) aren't too shy in letting the world know how mundane boring they think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Do you know what begrudge means? Anyone can dance to westlife also I changed a flat wheel for a motorist last week I didn't get someone to make a video of it and put it online for praise.

This is typical of the nonsense that make our daily papers
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/ireland-fans-are-making-our-work-very-very-easy-top-policeman-praises-fans-in-france-34792590.html

The old saying comes to mind self praise is no praise.

How do you know anyone who was changing the Tyre asked to be videod? As far as I could see anyone taking photos was behind them.

Dry your eyes, if you don't like it then ignore it. You won't see it unless you want to. No one forces you to press play on those videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

HensVassal wrote: »
    and desecrated a Turkish flag.

Sounds like we should link up with them.

Sounds like we should link up with them.

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

buried wrote: »
    But then why do you care what the media and keyboard warriors think?

Cos it's polluting my newspapers

It's like when a concert is on and the artist says 'I love you Dublin' and all the daft members of the crowd go wild. They don't really realise that they shouted 'I love you Liverpool' the night before.

I just don't see why we crave others approval. It's really daft

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

:confused:

We're fond of disrespecting national flags for internet affirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

CaraMay wrote: »

Donald Trump pollutes my newspaper everyday and has done so for the last year but I'm not on here whinging about it daily as that would be a total waste of my time. I just ignore those stories and articles.
    The fact some people are totally unable to change the channel, to ignore the websites, stories and articles that seem to be needlessly p!ssing them off whilst turning them into a bag of wasted rotten lemons is the actual pathetic showcase going on here.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They changed a tire a good deed but still had to record and post it why??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Any yokes

Leeds fans got hammered in Istanbul some years ago because they waved their dicks at Turkish women and desecrated a Turkish flag. That is a massive national insult. The same thing happened in Dublin when a bunch of bigots who like to burn tricolurs up North decided they would then tramp through the streets of the capital in their pantomime costumes. I never said it was justified but it's not surprising.
    Got hammered , 2 of them got stabbed to death!! Oh no they whipped out the lad and mocked a piece of garment? That mean they deserve to be murdered by some animal? The difference in Dublin was nobody was killed. The Turks and their "welcoming nature" have collapsed their Tourist industry and now they want to jump aboard the EU gravy train

I have nothing against the Ireland team or fans. I myself am a fan and wish I was over there it looks good craic, and have family friends who are. The lads arent doing anything football fans havent done for generations, its the smartphone and "media" oversaturation that have irked people

My ranting was more directed at the bolloxology from clickbait Turd websites like Joe.ie, Joe.co.uk, journal.ie, Lad Bible, Her.ie, and the social media abuse of English people. That Niall McGarry guy who set up and runs ****e like Joe.ie really cashed in on the sheep like mentality of irish people and the dumbing down of society here. He doesnt even hire journalists , having a Twitter account with enough followers is enough these days

The smartphone, Social Media-itis, Me Me Me narcissist Instagram brigade, materialistic , shallow cesspit that is Irish and Western Society. They laugh at North Korea yet get their news from Joe.shi-te and journal.ie , the diary of a twatter user. They buy clothes that Facebook and Instagram tell them .Individualism is dead, the sheep like herd mentality is the problem and Clickbait brown news sites with social media are cashing in.

Somethings gone seriously wrong in this country, Materialism is king, a sense of entitlement, its all about ME ME ME and fu-ck everybody else. This country revelled in the downfall of the power of the Catholic Church, well now you have the society YOU wanted!
    The shallow vain consumerist cesspit that is modern Ireland. Money and appearance are all that matters to these creeps

Dont like it??! YOU wanted this, and now time to take the fallout

Be careful what you wish for it might just come true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

MarkY91 wrote: »
    People don't have to support their country the exact same way you do. Irish fans going off to support their country and having the time of their lives while doing so while you're on your keyboard moaning about it on an Internet forum. Sad.

Most people over there are bandwagoners don't think otherwise.

bandwagon
    Suddenly giving a damn when a team gets good.
    The dodgers suddenly look like a decent team, and Brooks jumped right on the bandwagon.

We're fond of disrespecting national flags for internet affirmation.

Burning and urinating on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

We give out about the Brits due to their bluster and we have turned out just as bad.
    "we" have violent hooligans among fans?

I agree with the criticisms of the fans acting the buffoon by the way, but not the "just as bad" stuff when compared to hooliganism. It's a blatant fallacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Any yokes wrote: »
    I have nothing against the Ireland team or fans. I myself am a fan and wish I was over there it looks good craic, and have family friends who are. The lads arent doing anything football fans havent done for generations, its the smartphone and "media" oversaturation that have irked people

My ranting was more directed at the bolloxology from clickbait Turd websites like Joe.ie, Joe.co.uk, journal.ie, Lad Bible, Her.ie, and the social media abuse of English people. That Niall McGarry guy who set up and runs ****e like Joe.ie really cashed in on the sheep like mentality of irish people and the dumbing down of society here. He doesnt even hire journalists , having a Twitter account with enough followers is enough these days

The smartphone, Social Media-itis, Me Me Me narcissist Instagram brigade, materialistic , shallow cesspit that is Irish and Western Society. They laugh at North Korea yet get their news from Joe.shi-te and journal.ie , the diary of a twatter user. They buy clothes that Facebook and Instagram tell them .Individualism is dead, the sheep like herd mentality is the problem and Clickbait brown news sites with social media are cashing in.

Somethings gone seriously wrong in this country, Materialism is king, a sense of entitlement, its all about ME ME ME and fu-ck everybody else. This country revelled in the downfall of the power of the Catholic Church, well now you have the society YOU wanted!
    The shallow vain consumerist cesspit that is modern Ireland. Money and appearance are all that matters to these creeps

Ah yes, supporting the national football team stands for everything that is wrong in society! :rolleyes:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Ah yes, supporting the national football team stands for everything that is wrong in society! :rolleyes:

Read my first 2 lines again

NOTHING AGAINST THE FOOTBALL FANS I AM ONE

IT IS THE IRISH MEDIA AND CESSPIT OF THE SHALLOW VAIN MODERN IRISH SOCIETY

It must be called out for what it is, the future of this country is at stake

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Read my first 2 lines again

NOTHING AGAINST THE FOOTBALL FANS I AM ONE

IT IS THE IRISH MEDIA AND CESSPIT OF THE SHALLOW VAIN MODERN IRISH SOCIETY

It must be called out for what it is, the future of this country is at stake

You're just as sensationalist as the media you despise

Got hammered , 2 of them got stabbed to death!! Oh no they whipped out the lad and mocked a piece of garment? That mean they deserve to be murdered by some animal? The difference in Dublin was nobody was killed. The Turks and their "welcoming nature" have collapsed their Tourist industry and now they want to jump aboard the EU gravy train

Would you ever give your arse a chance, for fuck's sake.
    I didn't say they deserved anything but once again you took it upon yourself to infer something like that. Not only that but you try to trivialise what they did and paint the Turks as savages.
    They went to a muslim country and went out of their way to insult in the worst possible way the locals and you try to say it was nothing more than a bit of harmless fun? Get real!

Maybe you just let insults and the sullying of what people refer to as their "honour" just roll off you but there are plenty of people out there who take it very seriously. If you spread a rumour that some Italian guy's daughter or sister was the village whore I wouldn't give much for your chances of living much longer. Likewise with many southern and east european nationalities. I mightn't condone the fate that befalls you but I'd ask if you weren't 100% innocent in bringing it upon yourself.

And of course you could always just trivialise your insults as a bit of jesting as the guy pulled the trigger.

• Advertisement

Leeds fans got hammered in Istanbul some years ago because they waved their dicks at Turkish women and desecrated a Turkish flag. That is a massive national insult.

The English police who travelled with Leeds fans said that claims about the flag were simply not true. Tbh, not sure where the "waving dicks" thing comes in, you have a link or source?

They and about 25 others were attacked by up to 500 Galatasary fans.

Would you ever give your arse a chance, for fuck's sake.
    I didn't say they deserved anything but once again you took it upon yourself to infer something like that. Not only that but you try to trivialise what they did and paint the Turks as savages.
    They went to a muslim country and went out of their way to insult in the worst possible way the locals and you try to say it was nothing more than a bit of harmless fun? Get real!

Maybe you just let insults and the sullying of what people refer to as their "honour" just roll off you but there are plenty of people out there who take it very seriously. If you spread a rumour that some Italian guy's daughter or sister was the village whore I wouldn't give much for your chances of living much longer. Likewise with many southern and east european nationalities. I mightn't condone the fate that befalls you but I'd ask if you weren't 100% innocent in bringing it upon yourself.

And of course you could always just trivialise your insults as a bit of jesting as the guy pulled the trigger.

Yeah as far as Im concerned if a Man brutally stabs 2 people to death over a Flag, he is a savage. I think most sane people would agree with that. Go on justify it some more why 2 families lives were destroyed, because some subhuman scum cant control himself.

You hate the English just admit it, how a fellow football fan can justify the Leeds murders beggars belief. Maybe they should have took a diversity class before visiting Turkey. Those poor Turkish the Nasty English belittled their flag. Oh theyre Muslims they must be the victims woe is me, we're oppressed wa wa wa. Take your head out from wherever it is. 2 Fans killed over **** all, stop justifying it because of your warped Politics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I've seen some serious logical leaps on this site, but clickbait being a result of the downfall of the Catholic Church is a new level. I'm legitimately impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Good idea posting it here to get them more clicks. That'll show them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Im surprised there's so many disgruntled people here

Its kinda funny

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Good idea posting it here to get them more clicks. That'll show them.

Do you have any concept of scale or relativity? They already have 2500 FB shares, which is probably around 25k views - so far.
    I somehow doubt 7 or 8 more views from a Boards thread will make or break them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

buried wrote: »
    Donald Trump pollutes my newspaper everyday and has done so for the last year but I'm not on here whinging about it daily as that would be a total waste of my time. I just ignore those stories and articles.
    The fact some people are totally unable to change the channel, to ignore the websites, stories and articles that seem to be needlessly p!ssing them off whilst turning them into a bag of wasted rotten lemons is the actual pathetic showcase going on here.
    So tell me how come you don't ignore the wasted rotten lemons instead of whinging about them on here?

It's kind of impossible to ignore the Irish fans are the greatest fiasco, every paper and radio station are harping on about it even the RTE news go on about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's like when a concert is on and the artist says 'I love you Dublin' and all the daft members of the crowd go wild. They don't really realise that they shouted 'I love you Liverpool' the night before.

I just don't see why we crave others approval. It's really daft

This happens in every city in the world. It is not an Irish thing. You are really clutching at straws here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Some people are materialistic/shallow/vain (mostly younger people who grow out of it), some are not. This is hardly new, and hardly exclusive to Ireland.

Little piece of advice: when everyone's the problem, you're the problem.

Advertisement