Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Irish banter are you bored of it yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

LorMal wrote: »
    And the bonus is that, if we do qualify to the next round, it means about 50,000 knackers will be out of the country for longer.

Er what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

CaraMay wrote: »

That article says they were going to target areas in Belgium :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

Finally a Euros clip I like. A nice bit of effort has gone into this song:

http://www.the42.ie/taking-over-france-2-2831312-Jun2016/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

Are you seeking out these stories so you can get annoyed?

discuss the content. don't discuss me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

Admittedly my sex life has been like the Irish team trying to qualify , neither of us know why we are there, no passion, no communication , never make it passed the first stage, horrible dribbling and never a clean sheet .over too quickly and when it does end you know it will be 4 years till you try again

This is excellent. EXCELLENT.

You rant well, young grasshopper.

Maireadio wrote: »
    Finally a Euros clip I like. A nice bit of effort has gone into this song:

http://www.the42.ie/taking-over-france-2-2831312-Jun2016/

not keen on it. radiohead won't be losing any sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks for that. It has this video https://youtu.be/lgV9IxeWahg by an ESPN reporter following Irish fans and it was nice to see. I feel sorry for anyone who feels embarrassed by a good news story.

• Advertisement

Genuinely not sure if trolling or actually sad and bitter.

It's hard to know with the ones who really obsess over the things that annoy them to get a masochistic pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The best bit there is the following tweet.

''Unconfirmed reports coming out of France that some non-Irish fans have also done good deeds and had banter. Awaiting further info.''

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Anyone who bought those noisy horn like toys for kids should have them inserted up their asses. I'm sick of the fricking things at this point.

the fields of athenry is a now a verbal white flag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Another charmed article, from 20 minutes this time, not as trashy as Buzzfeed ;)

These are the supporters in Bordeaux, had a great old time with the French police. Don't click if that drives you mad.

http://www.20minutes.fr/sport/football/1868303-20160618-video-euro-2016-supporters-irlandais-fous-font-chanter-police?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

If anyone enjoys reading complimentary comments on the Irish, read the comments from French people under the Facebook link.

Example : (Maireadio avert your eyes, it'll sting :D)
    Les irlandais sont les champions du monde des supporters, tous fair-play, aucun debordement, ils nous poussent a decouvrir leur si jolie pays :)

The Irish are champions of the world of supporters, all fair-play, no f**k ups, they'd make you want to discover their pretty country.

Les Irlandais sont formidables, que ce soit pendant des organisations sportives ou dans la vie de tout les jours.
    J'ai passé 1 semaine à Dublin et environs il y a quelques années, outre leur magnifique pays, la Guinness ou encore U2 au Croke Park ce qui m'a le plus marqué c'est bien leurs sens de l'hospitalité, de la sympathie et du fair-play.
    Si vous en avez l'occasion c'est un pays à visiter d'urgence, vous verrez de beaux paysages mais surtout vous en sortirez humainement grandi :)

The Irish are wonderful, whether during sports events or in every day life. I spent a week in Dublin and its surroundings a few years ago, beside their wonderful country, Guinness, or U2 in Croke Park, what struck me the most was their sense of hospitality, their friendliness and sense of fair play. If you get a chance do visit this country as soon as you can, not only will you see beautiful scenery but most of all you will return a better person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

Yeah there is a middle ground between the demands that not a negative word must be spoken against them and the likes of the stuff that Nehe person is writing.
    I do agree with the criticism of the way they are depicted as a good bunch of lapdogs and stereotypes and the extreme backslapping, but I also like how they were good fun for people and people enjoyed the laugh internationally... although they probably annoyed some people too.
    The people who criticise them for being good natured though tend to be the same who criticise Sinn Fein day in day out - a good natured bunch of Irish people internationally is surely a preferable alternative to the shadow SF cast on Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Two Tone wrote: »
    Yeah there is a middle ground between the demands that not a negative word must be spoken against them and the likes of the stuff that Nehe person is writing.
    I do agree with the criticism of the way they are depicted as a good bunch of lapdogs and stereotypes and the extreme backslapping, but I also like how they were good fun for people and people enjoyed the laugh internationally... although they probably annoyed some people too.
    The people who criticise them for being good natured though tend to be the same who criticise Sinn Fein day in day out - a good natured bunch of Irish people internationally is surely a preferable alternative to the shadow SF cast on Ireland.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

WTF do Sinn Fein have to do with anything?

osarusan wrote: »

This

I find the folks who do the very extreme whingeing about the Ireland supporters and how they are so good natured and like dancing monkeys... are the same people who are extremely critical of republicanism... surely the Irish being nice and good-natured would be welcomed by them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Oh well it nearly over you will be all glad they will be back now and we can start been moaning miserable again. What shall we start on economy, weather, Enda, Garth Brooks. I for one was glad of the upbeat happiness we are showing at the moment and would hope we could keep it going even after the Euros

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I find the folks who do the very extreme whingeing about the Ireland supporters and how they are so good natured and like dancing monkeys... are the same people who are extremely critical of republicanism... surely the Irish being nice and good-natured would be welcomed by them?

I'd say you're the only person in Ireland who made such a connection.

I'd say you're the only person in Ireland who made such a connection.
    Would you not agree hardline republicanism cast a shadow over this country, and therefore Irish people abroad getting a reputation for being good fun and positive, does good things for our national image?

Would you not agree hardline republicanism cast a shadow over this country, and therefore Irish people abroad getting a reputation for being good fun and positive, does good things for our national image?

Ah will you stop. This thread is embarrassing enough without that bollocks.

the rugby and footy boys gone quiet.

But sadly not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

What shadow? WTF are you talking about? JESUS ****ING CHRIST!!!!!!!

What shadow? WTF are you talking about? JESUS ****ING CHRIST!!!!!!!
    Is it the humidity or something? Some of ye need to calm TF down this evening.

Whether you like it or not, republicanism affected Ireland's reputation - I am not anti nationalist at all (even if I am anti violent republicanism) but you know the crowd I am talking about - cannot get through the day without "shinnerbot something something" numerous times, always acting ashamed and apologetic about Ireland/Irish people (apart from themselves) and basically being self flagellating inferiority complex possessing grovellers.
    All I am saying is, surely they would be pleased about the positivity people feel internationally about the Ireland supporters, but no... whinge whinge "paddy" this, "paddy" that.

Do you class rugby fans in the same category as football fans?

When you think of them singing and shouting, does it... excite you?

When you picture plastic hammers and novelty-oversized Guinness hats, do you feel the blood rise to your face?

Do you close your eyes and hear The Fields of Athenry and Ireland's Call, your blood racing in a confused mix of anger and... that other feeling you can't quite name but it's always there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I much prefer seeing this than the drunk irish antics
    Take a look at @SundayChants's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SundayChants/status/744159923911667712?s=09

Advertisement