Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Irish banter are you bored of it yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

disgraceful. as i mentioned earlier on. get off peoples cars for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not the first vehicle which has been damaged out there. Don't stuff money in the window to be robbed by other drunkards. Wait by the vehicle until the owner returns, keep your phones off, compensate the man accordingly and hope that he doesn't give you a sock in the jaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

That may be 'self-congratulating', but when I see hundreds of comments from the French on Facebook telling us to please come back as soon as possible, it feels more like pride.

I'd say it's more:
    Look, just tell the fcuking paper you think they're great. I know they're self-regarding, insecure, idiotic caricatures but they spend a fcuking fortune on beer and burgers. And even though they're incomprehensible red-faced drunks like the Brits, I suppose they don't throw the chairs around. Fcuk it, it's only for a month and the kids need to put through college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

boo hoo

hahahahahahaha

Dry your tears now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

To all of ye sick of it unfortunately (NOT!!!!!!!) ITS NOT OVER YET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Great game, great win and great supporters ,the best in the world, low lie the fields...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Gonna be some party over there tonight, wish i was there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Am I bored of what now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Allinall

Feckin' deadly buzz!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Can hear the drunken goons cheering from town, 500m away.

Ireland are playing again at the weekend ye say? Great, will have to find more reasons not to go near town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Epic bantz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

LunarSea wrote: »
    Can hear the drunken goons cheering from town, 500m away.

Ireland are playing again at the weekend ye say? Great, will have to find more reasons not to go near town.

Where do you live? I might get the bus over if you're not gonna be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Shoes off for Nene Mulder and Scully

Shoes of for Nene Mulder and Scully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Big congrats to the Yankees on their 9th inning walk-off win over the Rockies. Excellent comeback.

Was there football on tonight as well or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Where do you live? I might get the bus over if you're not gonna be there.

/looks at name

Hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

To all of ye sick of it unfortunately (NOT!!!!!!!) ITS NOT OVER YET

It's worth it to still be in the competition. I have as many of the offending sites blocked from my FB as possible. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Maireadio wrote: »
    It's worth it to still be in the competition. I have as many of the offending sites blocked from my FB as possible. ;)

But came to a boards thread to post about it

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Most sensible people realise realise this won't go on forever, there will come a time when our limits are reached and we encounter a team that's better, they create more chances, luck doesn't go our way and in a one off fixture our luck runs out and our tournament is over

But not tonight, not yet, we can still dream

Enjoy the night lads and **** the begrudgers

Gatling wrote: »
    But came to a boards thread to post about it

:)

What an original point you make. It's a discussion board and this is a thread I have been participating in. How many times? I mean, you seem not to be sick of the Irish fan banter and yet have come to the thread to snipe. Why are you here? See how that works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Went to the fridge to toast our win and lo and behold, two large Perroni's, get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

What an original point you make. It's a discussion board and this is a thread I have been participating in. How many times? I mean, you seem not to be sick of the Irish fan banter and yet have come to the thread to snipe. Why are you here? See how that works?

Ah cmon, we won, we're through, just be happy for the lads who played their hearts out and say **** it I'm gonna join in on the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

If you couldn't feel joy when Robbie Brady popped up there tonight with that goal then, honestly, I feel genuinely sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Stop trying to defend it. You were found out!

Tasden wrote: »
    Ah cmon, we won, we're through, just be happy for the lads who played their hearts out and say **** it I'm gonna join in on the fun!

I'm happy too! This thread is a separate thing. :)

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Stop trying to defend it. You were found out!

Yes, I really thought I wouldn't be on this public thread. You got me! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

* must... resist... posting... links... to French ... feedback * :D

Anyway, so interestingly, the first feedback I see tonight from a French media (not Buzzfeed level now, downright proper press level) says : "their supporters are great, their players not so great".

I think this'll be the French position for the rest of the week ;)

I'm going to be in France for the match (not in Lyon), with my Irish hubby and kids. Awkward !

What will I do ? Who will I support ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Why would you think I didn't? :confused: Reading comprehension taking a hit tonight. I was ecstatic when Ireland scored.

Look no further than yourself when talking of a failure in reading comprehension, because I mentioned your name literally nowhere in that post.

Advertisement