Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Irish banter are you bored of it yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What service prey tell ?

Harassing nuns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Maireadio wrote: »
    rise of various social meeja channels.

Facilitated by the likes of you slavishly pouring over them looking for stuff to hate. To be outraged by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It's common knowledge some of the population will continue to be bitter and negative about anything and everything hence why we have this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Irish_rat wrote: »
    It's common knowledge some of the population will continue to be bitter and negative about anything and everything hence why we have this thread :)

Yep. I can understand people complaining about the nun thing, but the rest of it is just people having a bit of a laugh. Considering fans of other teams are going around knocking seven shades out of each other, you would think people would save their outrage for something a bit more important.

The whole "I'm more intelligent than the plebs and their joe.ie" line is extremely tedious at this stage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

keith16 wrote: »
    Stop reading fb posts you don't want to.

Not really into blocking my friend's posts on Facebook, thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

The whole "I'm more intelligent than the plebs and their joe.ie" line is extremely tedious at this stage too.

Lad Bible too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Any yokes

OK, cringe, a friend just liked a Joe.ie FB post about Irish fans serenading a nun with 'Our Father' on a train. Please, make it stop!!!

State of the Irish people commenting under it revelling in innocent English fans getting attacked by Russians. Absolute thickos, why do so many Irish people have it in for the average English man, and yet they all support their football teams and move there for work

Time some of the childish idiots in this country grew up and moved on, the vast majority of English people are very decent and have alot in common with here, and have zero animosity to Ireland. These deluded muppets aren't happy if they aren't spreading bile about someone

No these idiots and their Joe.ie style crap need to be called out. I dont blame the attention seekers with the videos, but are journalism standards so bad in this country that this is standard now?! Have the people who write for these sites no shame. As for those commenting underneath more "love me look at me" "we are the best fans ever!" "**** the English" bolloxology

Ireland are meant to have one of the most educated workforces in Europe I thought? Yet Im scratching my head in disbelief at how dumb this country appears

bigpink wrote: »
    Saw that nun video not very nice

She seemed a bit perturbed, if mildly amused.

Any yokes wrote: »
    No these idiots and their Joe.ie style crap need to be called out. I dont blame the attention seekers with the videos, but are journalism standards so bad in this country that this is standard now?! Have the people who write for these sites no shame. As for those commenting underneath more "love me look at me" "we are the best fans ever!" "**** the English" bolloxology

Ireland are meant to have one of the most educated workforces in Europe I thought? Yet Im scratching my head in disbelief at how dumb this country appears

I'm not defending the journallistic standards of Joe.ie et al. I'm saying people constantly going on about how stupid those that read and share their posts are is tedious and reeks of an unjustified notion of superiority.

The people that write for those sites know exactly what they're doing. They get attention from people seeking a bit of light entertainment, and then get more attention from there "these arsoholes posting their ****e again" brigade. It's a win win for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Not pedantic - just a pity you don't know the difference between a single gig or performance, and a festival.

Where did I say I didn't know the difference?

I think you should google the meaning of 'pedantic' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'm really getting p1ssed off with it. I was already turning against it before Ireland even played. Don't get me wrong I quite enjoy seeing my friends posting up pictures of themselves over there having craic, but I douldn't give a fu#k what some tit from ballygobackwards sent in to the septic tank media family that is Her/Joe/Joesport.ie. Who then shares it on their page, then some mong shares it on theirs etc and I end up with it on my feed.

I blocked them years ago. Looks like it's not permanent.:mad:

Few posters on here need to get a good dose of lighten the feck up into them

:pac:

#yolo #dabantz #championquaffers

#yolo #dabantz #championquaffers

Yeah, I mean they should all go out and do something productive with their lives. Like go on boards and complain about people having a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Yeah, I mean they should all go out and do something productive with their lives. Like go on boards and complain about people having a bit of fun.

You assume that's what their entire lives consists of?

Facilitated by the likes of you slavishly pouring over them looking for stuff to hate. To be outraged by.

Not at all. That's not how I use them. This wasn't me looking for stuff to be outraged by.

Firstly, I'm not outraged. Why did people always jump to alleging outrage if somebody criticises something? :confused:

Secondly, this was very organic. I noticed more and more if this crap in my newsfeed. At first, grand, it was easy to ignore the odd story. But they kept coming, thicker and faster 'til my mild but growing irriatation came to a head.

If you want to think this is me seeking out things to be outraged by, knock yourself out. But you'd be mistaken.

You assume that's what their entire lives consists of?

Just pointing out that everyone engages in pointless stuff from time to time. No harm in it.

Irish_rat wrote: »

This thread also allowed you to introduce the forum to the concept of holidays. We'd still be in the dark on this idea were it not for this thread and you informing people that going abroad for a few weeks is called living.
    Considering fans of other teams are going around knocking seven shades out of each other

Two teams' fans are doing that. And again with the bandying about of 'outrage'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I was over in Paris from Sunday until today. The atmosphere is unreal and it's very good fun. But the thing about this thread that confuses me is that people over there aren't all sleeping each other on the back talking about how great we all are (though any Swedes I spoke to very very find of doing that), we're all just having a really really fun time. Seems this #greatestfans is all just being posted by Joe.ie and the likes. But what does it matter anyway? There's a lot of people away just having a great party. We're not tarring the country's image an international stage. If it's not your cup of tea, I get it, but it is harmless fun, and I really don't see why it's getting under so many people's skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

What service prey tell ?

More of a figure of speech. I was trying to sum up in general that they are being respectful, not causing too much trouble and overall giving other tourists in France a good image of Ireland which is always a good thing. Of course you could say that's the way it should be anyway.

Kind of like a well behaved child is a credit to their parents.

• Advertisement

Like go on boards and complain about people having a bit of fun.

This dreck.

We're all here commenting. It's a discussion board. People come here to discuss things. Sometimes negatively. Shocking, I know.

This dreck.

We're all here commenting. It's a discussion board. People come here to discuss things. Sometimes negatively. Shocking, I know.

I didn't claim that we weren't. As I said in my next post, I'm just pointing out everyone engages in silly pointless activities from time to time. Some are off singing and dancing in France, some are on here discussing things on boards. I'm probably not putting myself across very well, but hopefully someone gets my point.

Not at all. That's not how I use them. This wasn't me looking for stuff to be outraged by.

Firstly, I'm not outraged. Why did people always jump to alleging outrage if somebody criticises something? :confused:

Secondly, this was very organic. I noticed more and more if this crap in my newsfeed. At first, grand, it was easy to ignore the odd story. But they kept coming, thicker and faster 'til my mild but growing irriatation came to a head.

If you want to think this is me seeking out things to be outraged by, knock yourself out. But you'd be mistaken.

Outraged, cringed, something to feel smug about, anything to reaffirm your world view. Whatever.

Organic, LOL. Your feed is generated by sophisticated algorithms and is full of crap like that because you click on those stories.

Outraged, cringed, something to feel smug about, anything to reaffirm your world view. Whatever.

Organic, LOL. Your feed is generated by sophisticated algorithms and is full of crap like that because you click on those stories.

You claimed I was seeking out this stuff. I wasn't. You were wrong. :) I don't click on them (the nun one was the first), it is very easy to see this stuff when you don't want to. "Sophisticated algorithms" based on what I click on don't govern what my friends post. But you know that. And as I don't wish to block people I like, this will continue.

It was indeed organic. But you've made up your mind that it wasn't because you're sulking that people are complaining about people having DA BANTZ, LOL.

Again, your call. :cool:

Signed, Smug Bitch

You claimed I was seeking out this stuff. I wasn't. You were wrong

Why are you on here shouting about it then? You have a strange way of ignoring stuff.

Why are you on here shouting about it then? You have a strange way of ignoring stuff.

How are you not getting this? :confused:

I have friends on FB. I like those friends so I don't have them blocked from my newsfeed. I see things they post on my newsfeed. Some of them have posted things about Irish fans in the last few days. Usually, the full story is contained in the headline, not requiring one to click on the story to get know what the story is, as the story doesn't tend to be too complicated. There has been a lot of these posted stories in the last few days. The coverage is OTT in my opinion, based on the above. I writing about the fact on boards.ie. Not "shouting", not being "outraged", not being "offended", just putting forth my views on the subject, as one is wont to do on a discussion board.

I can't make it any simpler for you. If you still don't get it, I can't help you any further.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

Two teams' fans are doing that. And again with the bandying about of 'outrage'.
    The Poles and Germans are also at it. As are the French themselves. Wait until the Slovaks and Ukrainians get going.

I'm going over next Tuesday and I can't bloody wait. I've worked and saved hard and I'm going to have a great time.

I couldn't care less what people like you think, must be tiresome wallowing in constant bitterness.

#COYBIG

this summers christmas jumper is the novelty tricolour.
    it used to be a reindeer with a glitter red nose, now its drake dancing to hotline bling in fairy lights.

each one must be more outrageous than the other. "davey keogh says hello" replaced by " if you can't beat them bang them". incidentally you couldn't beat them....as usual.

lets see how packed the aviva is for the next game against whogivesa****-istan.

there will be a coronas concert on or an episode of the great british bake off to watch , so i hazard it will be empty. because the irish boys only show up to the big dance. they don't do the foreplay. straight to the moneyshot.

this best in the world narrative ( or crapaganda) is rammed down my throat by the masturbating irish media to the point that if you are not part of it you are a begrudger , jealous, have no life of your own and no purpose.

as far as I'm concerned you are just another emerald cloaked shill at the balls.ie gang bang .

get off the road gents. you are in the way of real people.

100 years after michael collins freed us we are self imprisoned in shamrock coloured douchebaggery.

stop the world , i want to get off.

classic post! Got a great laugh out of that have quoted my favourite parts all so true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

How are you not getting this? :confused:

I have friends on FB. I like those friends so I don't have them blocked from my newsfeed. I see things they post on my newsfeed. Some of them have posted things about Irish fans in the last few days. Usually, the full story is contained in the headline, not requiring one to click on the story to get know what the story is, as the story doesn't tend to be too complicated. There has been a lot of these posted stories in the last few days. The coverage is OTT in my opinion, based on the above.

I can't make it any simpler for you. If you still don't get it, I can't help you any further.

You can block certain websites from showing up in your newsfeed, so can block Joe.ie, without unfollowing the friend in question ;)

I blocked buzzfeed for example and it clears a lot of junk from my feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The nun video was taking it too far. A few clips around the ear wouldn't go amiss for those lads

Advertisement