Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual PIR Garage

Options
  • 14-06-2016 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a Honeywell dual PIR in garage linked to Aritech panel.

Have had alarm activated 4 nights in row. I checked PIR. No sign of spiders etc.

I reduced sensitivity of micro to minimum and siliconed cable entry point to PIR.

It activated again during night.

Could a rat trigger?

Or do these dual type PIR need replacing sometimes?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally, constantly activating PiRs would need replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

KoolKid wrote: »
    Generally, constantly activating PiRs would need replacing.

Thanks Koolkid.

To clarify "constantly". It is activating in middle of night so it would have been on for 3/4 hours without activating.

Is it possible for rodents to activate?

It's a wired PIR. I don't have engineering code but can I just install replacement PIR if necessary or does it need to be "paired" with panel? I guess not if wired.

It's a Honeywell dual PIR. Is there a better type as only 3 years old

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Activating even a few times in a week would be indicative of a problem.
    As long as you keep the wiring configuration the same then no programming should be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    It's a wired PIR. I don't have engineering code but can I just install replacement PIR if necessary or does it need to be "paired" with panel? I guess not if wired.

It's a Honeywell dual PIR. Is there a better type as only 3 years old

Lots of different brands available.

When replacing make sure not to cross the power connections or you could blow a fuse in the control panel. An option is to disconnect these in the control panel before taking down the old one.

Advertisement