Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC Build

Options
  • 14-06-2016 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Any info appreciated.

1. What is your budget? €1500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP

Also a friend told me the next generation of graphics cards are on the market too , can you take this into account also , even if it means a longer wait time ?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Would like a little more info on what you are into gaming wise. Latest games?
    What size is your monitor? 1080p and/or high refresh rate?

Can easily throw a spec at you to fit the budget, but always better to get some specifics first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I like mATX builds so here's one but you can easily buy a full sized ATX motherboard and bigger case within the budget below, it's purely a taste thing. If you do go with the below build make sure the GPU you buy is under 130mm in height, same if you fancy upgrading the CPU cooler.

Motherboard - €61.27

CPU - i7 6700 - €302.62

16GB RAM - €45.91

Case - Air 240 - €110

GPU - GTX1080 From about €700

500W PSU - €50

SSD - Samsung Evo 850, 500GB - 133.85

HDD size to suit pron collection...

Total Approx 1403.65 + HDD + Bit more for flashy 1080 = about €1500.

Something like this
    http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/cYLqsJ

Manually added the price for the 1070. It should go down in price though. It's very high right now, so waiting a while so that it is in stock properly should yield some savings.

General advice around here is to buy all the parts on mindfactory.de, but buy the case on Amazon.co.uk or somewhere else closer to ireland, so you don't incur ridiculous shipping fees. You can also keep an eye on sales around overclockers.co.uk and scan.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Thanks for the info guys.

The last rig I built I got from hardware eversand but I think they're out of business ?

This one is for a friend , he will mainly be playing the new wow expansion Legion (don't need a beast of a machine to run that I know) , and a few other titles on steam like The Witcher 3 , XCOM 2 etc..

I will have to check his monitor , not sure what it's specs are.

Wow €700 quid for a graphics card , must be a beast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Something like this
    http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/cYLqsJ

Manually added the price for the 1070. It should go down in price though. It's very high right now, so waiting a while so that it is in stock properly should yield some savings.

General advice around here is to buy all the parts on mindfactory.de, but buy the case on Amazon.co.uk or somewhere else closer to ireland, so you don't incur ridiculous shipping fees. You can also keep an eye on sales around overclockers.co.uk and scan.co.uk.

Anything but the Corsair CX PSU! :rolleyes::eek:

If you're spending that much on a build, at least get a good, Gold-rated unit.

> http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3dgK8K

• Advertisement

Bad reviews? I didn't really look at the PSU closely tbh. I saw 80+ eff and 500W. Corsair are a decent enough brand too.

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Bad reviews? I didn't really look at the PSU closely tbh. I saw 80+ eff and 500W. Corsair are a decent enough brand too.
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Corsair CX - Tier 4

Google is your friend, but tl;dr Not all Corsair models are built to the same standard, as Corsair do not build their own.
    If you're spending that much on your PC, the last thing you should cheap out on is the PSU, especially when higher-reviewed/tier models are within budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Apocalypse wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys.

The last rig I built I got from hardware eversand but I think they're out of business ?

This one is for a friend , he will mainly be playing the new wow expansion Legion (don't need a beast of a machine to run that I know) , and a few other titles on steam like The Witcher 3 , XCOM 2 etc..

I will have to check his monitor , not sure what it's specs are.

Wow €700 quid for a graphics card , must be a beast ?

Fastest there is - if it's a gaming rig you might as well spend the dosh on the bit that's used for gaming! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm not sure I fully buy that list. Corsair CX rated marginally above absolute garbage units like Arctic, CIT, EZ-Cool? Not saying that it's an excellent PSU but I've always found the CX series to be pretty reliable.

"Not exactly the most stable units ever created. Very basic safety circuitry or even thin gauge wiring used. Not for gaming rigs"

Also rated on the same level as crud like Raidmax Cobra, CoolerMaster Elite and Lepa Maxbron, units I would have considered way inferior to a Corsair CX.

I'm not sure I fully buy that list. Corsair CX rated marginally above absolute garbage units like Arctic, CIT, EZ-Cool? Not saying that it's an excellent PSU but I've always found the CX series to be pretty reliable.

"Not exactly the most stable units ever created. Very basic safety circuitry or even thin gauge wiring used. Not for gaming rigs"

Also rated on the same level as crud like Raidmax Cobra, CoolerMaster Elite and Lepa Maxbron, units I would have considered way inferior to a Corsair CX.

Alright, maybe it's not THAT bad.
    http://www.eteknix.com/corsair-cx500m-semi-modular-power-supply/10/

Having looked at the total system power draw again, I'd change my recommendation to 650W XFX XTR (Gold) [manufactured by Seasonic]

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/GY8mGf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Hi Lads

Good to go to order this.

Only problem is I cant find an English language option in mindfactory , and Amazon dont send some of the parts to Ireland.

Any way to overcome this ? , Is that parcel motel thing worth a look ?

Thanks

Apocalypse wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Good to go to order this.

Only problem is I cant find an English language option in mindfactory , and Amazon dont send some of the parts to Ireland.

Any way to overcome this ? , Is that parcel motel thing worth a look ?

Thanks
    Mindfactory has no English language option; use Google Chrome & enable translation.

If AmazonDE won't send you parts, look for equivalent on Mindfactory or AmazonUK. Maybe even eBay.

For mindfactory, just use Chrome or Firefox with the s3 extension. There is no english option.
    Parcel motel won't really work as the boxes you are ordering will probably not fit in the lockers. Mindfactory will deliver via Courier anyway.

Usual advice is to buy everything except the case and monitor from Mindfactory to save on shipping. Buy those from Amazon.co.uk.

I've updated the part picker list based on Mark's response and your requirements. Do have a look for reviews of the parts below and do not be afraid to swap things out if you find a better deal or better component.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€313.92 @ Mindfactory)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€78.59 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€68.71 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€97.93 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€54.00 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (€466.94 @ Mindfactory)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€102.22 @ Mindfactory)
    Total: €1182.31
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-16 10:29 CEST+0200

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

Hi, can someone please tell me what's the best amd processor for a gaming pc? Thanks

Redman84 wrote: »
    Hi, can someone please tell me what's the best amd processor for a gaming pc? Thanks

Intel have outpaced them massively.

A humble Core i3-6100 will beat an FX-6300
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-intel-core-i3-6100-review

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

Yeah I was reading that, I just dont want to have to changer my motherboard cos I attempted b4 to change my graphics card and blew it, I had to get a new one and a friend to change everything over but he's after havin a baby so can't ask him again!!!

Advertisement