Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s Sim issue help needed.

Options
  • 14-06-2016 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi

I have an iPhone 6s and on Saturday night phone was working perfect. When I got up Sunday phone said sim issue. The phone says invalid sim at the top. I got a replacement sim yesterday from three and activated it and still saying invalid sim. I have tried turning airplane mode on and off tried turning phone on and off I went into settings reset everything then reset all network settings. Anything else I can try? Is it going to be needed to be left in somewhere and will it be expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Did you buy the phone new or second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

Hi. I bought the phone new at Christmas time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have a tonne of iPhones (5s/6) that are the same way in work. They are currently going off for repair so to me its the sim slot is just slightly warped or something so the sim isnt making contact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Axlan

These guys can test your iPhone using Apple diagnostics

Apple Service Provider Mactivate in Blanchardstown are authorised by Apple to repair and replace iPhone devices, from iPhone 4 to iPhone 6 Plus. Our Apple Certified Technicians have been fully trained and certified to fix or replace most iPhone software and hardware problems, including:
    screen replacements
    home buttons
    water damage
    whole unit replacements (next day replacement for warranty repairs)
    Loan iPhone's available

All repairs are logged with Apple. Our repair services use genuine Apple parts, which won’t invalidate your warranty, unlike unauthorised repair shops. Plus, you’re covered by Apple’s 90 days parts warranty.

Thanks I'll check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hi

I have an iPhone 6s and on Saturday night phone was working perfect. When I got up Sunday phone said sim issue. The phone says invalid sim at the top. I got a replacement sim yesterday from three and activated it and still saying invalid sim. I have tried turning airplane mode on and off tried turning phone on and off I went into settings reset everything then reset all network settings. Anything else I can try? Is it going to be needed to be left in somewhere and will it be expensive?

Pop in another sim for a minute and check, pick one up in ah store. I think Tesco even have some.

naasrd wrote: »
    Pop in another sim for a minute and check, pick one up in ah store. I think Tesco even have some.

If I get a sim from another provider what will the phone say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

If I get a sim from another provider what will the phone say?

Nothing. Just pop it in.

Advertisement