Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pay by Weight Bin Collection Charges

Options
  • 14-06-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Im posting here because i think it is relevant to all tenants and property owners. There is no comparison website and alot of people do not seem to be aware of the signifcant increases.

If anyone has any other suggestions for service providers please let me know

As it stands from 1 July

Greyhound and Thorntons will charge .35c per KG for black bins, City Bins .30c per kg
    All 3 will charge .20c per Kg for brown bins with green bins remaining "free"

Service charges have shot up sgnificantly to cover the fact that they can not charge for green bins

Greyhound will charge €3.25 per month (169 per year compared to current €60)
    Thorntons will charge €2 per month (104 per year currently €50)
    City bins will charge €2.99 per month (not sure what they charge now)

Greyhound has option if you pay service charge in one go to pay €140

Ive calculated for my family (high usage) and my parents (low usage) that Throntons are best "value".

At 40kg every 2 weeks i will fork out €468 with Thorntons similar to City Bins, Greyhound would cost me €533. My parents at 20kg every 6 weeks would pay €170 with Thorntons compared to €235 with Greyhound.

Any other providers for Dublin city/south county Dublin please let me know.

I think it is important people are aware of these significant increases in price.

Im aware that using brown bin or have a way to compost will reduce these costs.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement