Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat Monthly Subscription Box?

• 14-06-2016 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Does anyone here have a subscription for their cat?

I'm looking to find the best one for my kitty but there are so many.

Some of them look better than others and some are crazy money.

If anyone could recommend a particular subscription I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Never heard of this - just googled it - OMG!!! Im so glad my cat is the type that would only play with the box the goodies come in and ingnore all the treats - Im NOT going to look to see if there is a dog subscription :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There was a dog box on the go for a while that was popular but the company went bust. People had concerns about money they had already paid but I don't know what happened in the end.

I think if you bought a few bits yourself every month they would be things you know your cat likes.

You could always stick around here for the secret Santa at Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭morgana

Just googled it too :P. IMO the contents by no means justify the price. Especially the treats/foods can be so hit and miss with cats. You will probably end up having a lot of stuff lying around and refused treats.
    I order all my cat stuff from Zooplus and sometimes add a toy or treat (mostly when I have enough bonus points so I get it for free). Most of the toys have ended up being ignored. Tying a few long wilted leaves to a bamboo stick works just as well as the fancy angle type toys or crunching up some aluminum foil into balls. Also cheap tennis balls from the one pound shop are a hit! Or the box it came in ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I had a one month trial to Ruby & Duke (which subsequently went bust). Even at a discount it was money down the drain. I would not under any circumstances subscribe to a monthly box system ever again. I can order online from pet-supply companies all over Europe and get better value and choice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I had a one month trial to Ruby & Duke (which subsequently went bust). Even at a discount it was money down the drain. I would not under any circumstances subscribe to a monthly box system ever again. I can order online from pet-supply companies all over Europe and get better value and choice.

One of the lads I work with got a few of them boxes sent into work, dog cupcakes and stupid stupid toys. He got it on a special offer and cancelled it pretty dam quick but the few boxes that arrived were only ever used as a joke in the office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just googled as I have never heard of it..Id say OP you would be better off given the cat an empty box! Or if you really want to do this would you not just make one up yourself with items you know your cat likes..

have to say out of all the things I got my chap he still likes to play with those grippee hair clips that's it. We got him a scratcher and sure that was pointless, a crinkly bed thing yeah the dogs bed was still the best, gave up in the end.. If you think your cat would enjoy it then, I would suggest getting a box and re-using it every month..Fill it with treats and things your cat would like yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I think I'm going to set up a scheme like this to get rid of all my recyclables like cardboard boxes, tin foil, cotton reels, toilet roll holders and bits of old string etc. :D I'll make my fortune! Seriously though, most cats I've known would get more fun from playing with the packaging the subscription arrived in than the contents themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Lootpets is my favourite, especially as you can get a human t-shirt and one for your pet as well, I'm not sure if there is a cat version though. The general theme is geeky/gamery/TV show/movie kinda stuff! https://www.lootcrate.com/subscription-crates-alt/pets If you scroll to the bottom you can see what the content of past crates were.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I did it for a few months, and it was a good way to try out treats - I ended up finding a treat that both my cats absolutely love. But you eventually get so many toys you don't know what to do with them all. Towards the end, I would give the kitties one toy from the box and keep the others in their packaging to donate to an area shelter.

Advertisement