Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Space in Jewellers/Boutiques and Gift Shops

• 14-06-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

I sell good quality, European handmade wooden watches and sunglasses online. I am now looking to start to sell them through shops as I get quite a lot of people asking through the website where they can actually see the products.

I am looking for shops that I could rent some space in to sell my goods. This might help a small shop owner who has difficulty stocking their own shop and would like a regular income as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its a model that is becoming more popular and there's quite a few places around the UK doing it now. Are you just looking in Ireland or would UK interest you too?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lucky2Day

I'd be very interested in the UK as well as I have the rights to the products there and a .co.uk website. I had them in a shop in Brighton where they sold quite well but unfortunately they closed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

Why would not sell directly to the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lucky2Day

Hi Cart man

I'd have no problem at all selling directly to shops but this way is a good way for shops to test whether the products will sell (they do!) without having to invest in stock. Obviously there are many models that I would consider - selling directly to the shops, sale or return, consignment stock and a concession based arrangement. I am open to all and any of them as a means of getting these products in front of as many people as possible.

Regards

Simon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

cart man wrote: »
    Why would not sell directly to the shop?

Shops are often reluctant to sell certain products they have to make every shelf pay and if someone is renting a shelf then obviously that shelf is paying. For the supplier if they can get their product on the shelves and if it works well then they often end up making more money. Once the shop has proof of concept then they normally switch to traditional wholesale. There are a couple of shops who work solely on the rental basis though I would imagine they will pop up in Ireland at some point.

In a way its really just like a mini concession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Advertisement