Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia handed suspended sentence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Disgusting scenes coming out of Lille. RT have live feed.

England are gone if UEFA see that footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The thought of Russian fans in Dublin for 2020 scares the bejaysis out of me.

#putinmadeusdoit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Foo King Ell

The hardcore English fans are required to hand in passports before an international tournament. There are UK police at ferrys and airports to spot them trying to leave and on the ground in France to spot them and deport them. Doesn't mean that they all get stopped, or that those that aren't on the list don't get to cause trouble, but it does man that there is a vast reduction in the serious headbangers that are active in England getting to France.
    I'd love to see all the Russian polices pro-active measures to stop their heads from travelling too...and given their "official" reply
    independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/russia-fan-violence-russian-official-tells-hooligans-well-done-lads-keep-it-up-after-condoning-euro-a7079861.html
    it'll be no surprise that the suspended sentence will hardly be a deterrent...

Tear gas and pepper spray being used on English thugs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Superhorse wrote: »
    Tear gas and pepper spray being used on English thugs now.

If it's on RT it must be true ..

My nose just grew an inch ; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Order of how they should hang their heads in shame:

Russian thugs
    UEFA
    English/French thugs
    Local police

• Superhorse wrote: »
    Disgusting scenes coming out of Lille. RT have live feed.

England are gone if UEFA see that footage.

The thing is they are not gone.

Uefa have no control outside the stadium

No defending the English "fans" now, they are asking for trouble.

Typical

Hope them thugs are gone by Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This is happening in a city where Russia played this afternoon. England play in another town tomorrow, these fans are there with the sole purpose of causing trouble! Spare me the "Lens is too small" BS please.

The population of Lens can fit into most premier league grounds.

Lens is a small city teams and officials will have booked most of the accommodation.

No one is saying English fans are blameless today but at the weekends game that was different but keep sticking to your agenda

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »

Was on AL Jazzera but hey carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The population of Lens can fit into most premier league grounds.

Lens is a small city teams and officials will have booked most of the accommodation.

No one is saying English fans are blameless today but at the weekends game that was different but keep sticking to your agenda

You really are wasting your breath with a couple of lads on here.

As I said if it's on RT .......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

If Russia is banned from the Euro 16 tournament is it fair that the Putinist propaganda merchants at least have their soccer forum access revoked?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Again send in New Jack he'll sort them out :pac::D

tumblr_n9adrwG05O1s1uj0qo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

Stan Collymore was doing live periscope there on twitter from lille, England fans chasing Russians is seems but not much happened as there is plenty of cops, just a lot of chanting, ira got a touch, also noticed that not one england fan was wearing a england jersey lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Gatling wrote: »

It is on Sky News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Stan Collymore has had a few live streams running this afternoon from Lille on Periscope. I think he's after Ross Kemp's gig. Looks like plenty of England fans are out for retribution for Marseille and plenty more are just drunken and boisterous (like the Irish fans but with more obnoxious and antagonistic songs) but doesn't look like the Police are going to stand for any bother right now.

I really, really hope that any of our **** don't take anything out on innocent Russian football fans.

If it's the responsibility of a host nation to control potentially violent thugs from other countries then places like Ireland can never host a major tournament.

Ireland is an Island with its own issues.

Korat wrote: »
    If it's the responsibility of a host nation to control potentially violent thugs from other countries then places like Ireland can never host a major tournament.

Ireland is an Island with its own issues.

The Garda cannot even handle 20-30 Shamrock Rovers and Bohs teenagers. How the hell are they supposed to manage 100+ of Russia's MMA fighters in 2020.

We would have to give up our host status if Russia drew Poland in Dublin.

Putinbots haha. What age are you seriously. Someone gives a balanced opinion and you don't like it argue the point. I've already stated Russia should be thrown out hardly a Putinbot am I.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Putinbots haha. What age are you seriously. Someone gives a balanced opinion and you don't like it argue the point. I've already stated Russia should be thrown out hardly a Putinbot am I.

Didn't you get the memo?

Everything Russian is bad. Correcting lies about Russia even means you are a Putinbot. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I haven't seen anyone defending the English thugs. However they just look like a pack of overweight drunk twats with a lost Empire mentality and outrageously bad singing. I think the French police made a mistake initially in having a hands off strategy with them. Hopefully they will clamp down on them and arrest and deport the eejits causing or reacting to the provocation. At least the British Authorities have made efforts on keeping their worst hooligans away from the Championships.

The Russian Authorities on the other hand seem to be egging on their thugs with officials congratulating them after the disgusting scenes in the Marseilles football stadium. The video I have seen of them in "action" has shown how nasty, viscous and intent on causing real bodily harm these thugs have been. A couple of the clips even bordered on attempted murder. I have a feeling that RT never showed those clips and never will. Also at the weekend there were reports that the Russian thugs were wearing gumshields when they initiated their attacks, yesterday one was arrested and photographed throwing one away. It is obvious that there is a section of the Russian support who are not there for football at all. They are there to "prove" themselves as hooligans. Quite frankly the English thugs are amateurs compared to these pros from Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The english and welsh were activley looking for russians,was watching collymores tweet..going from street to street..tonight they would wanna lock down the town

Stan Collymore just tweeted many English firms on the rampage now. Cars getting wing mirrors kicked off, bottles being thrown etc... No reports of Russian activity as of yet.

Once again as I stated for the last few days UEFA have fcuked up. Should have thrown both nations out. They will have to take some responsibility for this im afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

gandalf wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone defending the English thugs. However they just look like a pack of overweight drunk twats with a lost Empire mentality and outrageously bad singing. I think the French police made a mistake initially in having a hands off strategy with them. Hopefully they will clamp down on them and arrest and deport the eejits causing or reacting to the provocation. At least the British Authorities have made efforts on keeping their worst hooligans away from the Championships.

The Russian Authorities on the other hand seem to be egging on their thugs with officials congratulating them after the disgusting scenes in the Marseilles football stadium. The video I have seen of them in "action" has shown how nasty, viscous and intent on causing real bodily harm these thugs have been. A couple of the clips even bordered on attempted murder. I have a feeling that RT never showed those clips and never will. Also at the weekend there were reports that the Russian thugs were wearing gumshields when they initiated their attacks, yesterday one was arrested and photographed throwing one away. It is obvious that there is a section of the Russian support who are not there for football at all. They are there to "prove" themselves as hooligans. Quite frankly the English thugs are amateurs compared to these pros from Russia.
    What are the cheeky chaps singing? The "White Cliffs of Dover" ??

I saw these reports too but I cant remember whether it was in the Express, Mail, Telegraph, Sun, Mirror, Star ...

Find me the photograph of a gumshield getting thrown away.

balanced opinion .

Get them out ,oh quick turn on RT (Kremlin tv),look at the English

Very balanced indeed if balanced is squed to one side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Once again as I stated for the last few days UEFA have fcuked up. Should have thrown both nations out. They will have to take some responsibility for this im afraid.

How could they kick two teams out when they're powerless to do anything about what goes on outside the ground? (as you well know) They could only have kicked Russia out based on Saturday night.

**** Russia and England out if they're still at this nonsense.

Stan Collymore just tweeted many English firms on the rampage now. Cars getting wing mirrors kicked off, bottles being thrown etc... No reports of Russian activity as of yet.

I just had a look at Stan Collymores Twitter. It is reading a lot differently to your reports. You are making most of this stuff up.

Collymore also said that Russians threw fireworks at the English and Welsh. This started a stampede.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I saw these reports too but I cant remember whether it was in the Express, Mail, Telegraph, Sun, Mirror, Star ...

Ck7pTwFWgAA5iVo.jpg

The Garda cannot even handle 20-30 Shamrock Rovers and Bohs teenagers. How the hell are they supposed to manage 100+ of Russia's MMA fighters in 2020.

Back in 1995 when Combat 18 and the hard-man crews of English hooliganism came to Dublin to 'show their force' by ripping up wooden seats in the upper west stand of Lansdowne Rd and throwing chunks of debris at innocent fans the blame was placed on Ireland.

Periscope sorry.

I just had a look at Stan Collymores Twitter. It is reading a lot differently to your reports. You are making most of this stuff up.

Collymore also said that Russians threw fireworks at the English and Welsh. This started a stampede.

No Stan said it was a flare. The police launched the tear gas later. I noticed that wasn't in Superhorse's summary though, which is interesting considering he's our self-proclaimed King of balance.

Edit - you edited your post and now mine makes no sense :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Russian fans threw bottles at the English in Stan's Periscope.

Didn't see those reports but they are normally singing something that is offensive to someone anyway.

Ck7ksMzWgAEaIGY.jpg

I originally saw it on twitter.

Of course I'm making it up sure that's why sky and RT are reporting the rioting also.

No they didn't. Even Sky reporter said they'd no idea who let off the banger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Debil wrote: »
    Russian fans threw bottles at the English in Stan's Periscope.

Jesus, I hope Stan's periscope is going to be okay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Jesus, I hope Stan's periscope is going to be okay!

I'm sorry. I'm not sure what the kids are saying:)

Collymore saw it and said it was the Russians.

You spent the last 2 pages sourcing imaginary Stan Collymore tweets. Is Stan Collymore not a reliable source now that you were rumbled for making stuff up?

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/743129579808796674

Maybe there's two Stan Collymores

Russia doesn't breed horses.

I don't know a lot about the sport but I know Ireland gives good horse.

• Advertisement

I have a feeling that Stan Collymore will no longer be considered a good source now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,304 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Maybe there's two Stan Collymores

“Two Andy Gorams / There’s only two Andy Gorams”

gandalf wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Stan Collymore will no longer be considered a good source now :D

Especially now:
    @stancollymore
    #ENG  #WAL  fans happy with me filming because as previous videos showed, they were happy and settled . Provoked by 10 Ultras throwing 💥

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    Stan Collymores twitter video is pretty damning, hundreds of English and Welsh fans marching around the town looking for trouble.

Kicking off wing mirrors and fronting up the police, sad, sad men. Police were 100% right to gas them and disperse them.

The cars provoked them

• Advertisement
Advertisement