Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia handed suspended sentence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The cars provoked them

French cars would provoke anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

****ing Citroens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I watched the periscope footage..the english n welsh were the ones roaming the streets looking for the russians,they goaded the russians,russian threw a bottle..kicked off,tear gas etc..it wasnt the russians causing damage to french peoples cars and property..not on that video anyway..its was all the english/welsh i seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I love to know just how many Welsh are involved or if there's a only 4 or 5 of them but now they're being tarred with the English brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So angry that we've (Wales) have got involved in this shoite, it'll probably be the Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham crews, thing is they fcukin hate each other, they hate the English yet are now standing beside them!!!!!

If brain cells were taxable these fcuktards would be in for one hell of a rebate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SantryRed wrote: »
    I love to know just how many Welsh are involved or if there's a only 4 or 5 of them but now they're being tarred with the English brush.

I say the Cardiff and Swansea firms might be part of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I watched the periscope footage..the english n welsh were the ones roaming the streets looking for the russians,they goaded the russians,russian threw a bottle..kicked off,tear gas etc..it wasnt the russians causing damage to french peoples cars and property..not on that video anyway..its was all the english/welsh i seen

It had kicked off before then with Russian's launching a missile of some sort into the England and Wales fans.

Not that that justifies everything that happened after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Until now I've been of the opinion that English violence was mostly after provocation/ being attacked but seeing them in Lille city centre on Sky has changed my mind a little. Given all the warnings, if I was a law-abiding English fan I'd avoid Lille if at all possible. Even if I had to go, if I was staying there, I'd keep a low profile and save my chanting for Lens and the game tomorrow. Instead some of them are chanting about the Russians and jumping up and down outside a bar. These ones at least seem to be looking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

From Stan Collymores point of view and after watching the video, he says England and Wales fans were drinking together, no trouble.

Russian fans then came along and threw flares at the then.

Then the English and Welsh chased them around the town.

My opinion: If English and Wales fans want to stay safe, they need to come together as a massive group and Chase these guys out of the City. Hooligan or no hooligan, they need to safety in numbers.

scudzilla wrote: »
    So angry that we've (Wales) have got involved in this shoite, it'll probably be the Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham crews, thing is they fcukin hate each other, they hate the English yet are now standing beside them!!!!!

If brain cells were taxable these fcuktards would be in for one hell of a rebate

This is really ramping things up for the Wales Russia game unfortunately. It'll be bad enough with the Russians desperate for a win, and if Wales knock them out and they have nothing to lose by rioting it could get nasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

gandalf wrote: »
    Didn't see those reports but they are normally singing something that is offensive to someone anyway.
    Agree, the Irish are "Paddy b******s" The Germans are "krauts" (a term of abuse going back to WW2, for England fans it seems the clock stopped 1n 1945)
    I'm sure they have come up with something very witty to abuse the Russian fans.
    Should have thrown both nations out.
    Not going to happen. If English fans burnt Lille to the ground they still wouldn't be banned, at this stage I think if a Russian fan farts that will be enough to get banned!
    This is really ramping things up for the Wales Russia game unfortunately. It'll be bad enough with the Russians desperate for a win, and if Wales knock them out and they have nothing to lose by rioting it could get nasty
    Theres a good excuse (as if I need one!) to shout for a Wales win tomorrow. The Welsh will be through going into the Russia match. They might even rest Bale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's an honour to see true journalists like Stan Collymore in an era where even one with a potential to have dignity scribes for Joe.ie. Allez le More!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Agree, the Irish are "Paddy b******s" The Germans are "krauts" (a term of abuse going back to WW2, for England fans it seems the clock stopped 1n 1945)

Not going to happen. If English fans burnt Lille to the ground they still wouldn't be banned, at this stage I think if a Russian fan farts that will be enough to get banned!

I do not agree, i think it would take nearly a riot in the stadium for Russia to be thrown out. They have only one game left and they might be out so they might have nothing to lose really if the game is going against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Luke Edwards from the Daily Telegraph was on Off The Ball a couple of nights ago and he spoke with a lot of common sense. He also spoke from a position of experience, so not just projecting.

Essentially his point was that English fans abroad treat it like an invasion and mark the local area as their patch. Add in a dose of provocative chanting and it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that they might rub up locals the wrong way.

The majority of English fans are well behaved but their is a misguided tanked up underbelly who are only too ready to kick things off.

Theres a good excuse (as if I need one!) to shout for a Wales win tomorrow. The Welsh will be through going into the Russia match. They might even rest Bale?

Hope so! I get the Taffs in the work sweeps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh I am sure they had something for the Russians. I sincerely doubt the "English Society for lack of braincells" came up with anything witty though.

Unless the Russians dirty their bib in a stadium I'd say they are safe as them getting turfed out of the Euros will put 2018 quite rightly under severe pressure to be moved.

I don't think there will be anybody on this island who won't be shouting for Wales tomorrow. At least I have a good excuse with extended family over there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A Wales win tomorrow and they will top the group, nobody can catch them, not even Slovakia because of the head to head result between the two sides.
    Then it would be a certainty that Bale will be rested against Russia and why shouldn't they. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

SantryRed wrote: »

wouldn't be surprised if there was no welsh at all, they would have to think of a word to replace "wales" in their .....we're england and wales song
    here's one for them "scared" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Wales are are making a mistake getting involved. They have numbers now so will be safe. But...

When Russia play Wales they'll make **** of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Countries needs unity on hooligasm

Any hooligan arrested should be sent back to their countries. (After punishments by local authorities) Passports destroyed and banned for reapplying for 10 years. Banned from every football stadium.

Any country with a history and consistent hooligasm and not addressing it will be denied entry/denied hosting privileges to international tournaments

Russia getting fined 200k is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Look at these upstanding Englishmen just taking an afternoon walk looking at the cultural sites of Lille.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClAhhOQWUAA2T8a.jpg

Superhorse wrote: »

Is there a point to this at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Look at these upstanding Englishmen just taking an afternoon walk looking at the cultural sites of Lille.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClAhhOQWUAA2T8a.jpg

Do you not see the irony in you complaining about people not showing balance in their opinions, blaming the Russsians for everything when you are going out of your way with post after post after post about the English?

It's kinda embarrassing.

Gatling wrote: »

28 posts, many just links to any depiction of an English fan anywhere accompanied by his take about "disgraceful scenes".

Pity Euronews and the like are saying police confirming Lille calmer than expected.

• Advertisement

It's an open forum I believe. If you don't want to hear both sides of what's going on in regards the trouble in France you can always put me on ignore. Thank you.

It's an open forum I believe. If you don't want to hear both sides of what's going on in regards the trouble in France you can always put me on ignore. Thank you.

Why would you have any particular insight, you're not there.

I am enjoying the way you have decided you are neutral and you are bringing the news in this trawl, cut, paste routine.

adox wrote: »
    Do you not see the irony in you complaining about people not showing balance in their opinions, blaming the Russsians for everything when you are going out of your way with post after post after post about the English?

It's kinda embarrassing.

Yes I'm scarlet. You can always put me on ignore. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Slovaks look to have joined the English and Welsh in the City Centre.

The Russians have taken this hooliganism malarkey to a whole different level. It is a bit like Rugby. It was a sport for all when it was an amateur sport but when they went Pro it turned into a whole different game.

Yes I'm scarlet. You can always put me on ignore. Thank you.

Why would I put you on ignore? If you post nonsense you are going to be called out on it.

• Advertisement

The Russians have taken this hooliganism malarkey to a whole different level. It is a bit like Rugby. It was a sport for all when it was an amateur sport but when they went Pro it turned into a whole different game.

Ach, in the 70s and 80s it was pitched riots.

Now it's nasty, and the Russians have brought an intensity to it, but it seems like every moment is covered by 50 mobile phones and an insistence that it's like the worst ever.

It's an open forum I believe. If you don't want to hear both sides of what's going on

I see English this and English that but,
    some faux outrage and fake tears .

All a very one sided affair .

I wouldn't be at all surprised at some stage we see poles and Ukrainians siding with other nations to give the Russian a taste of their own medicine

Footage of English thugs on rampage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqdhTz6wgwY

Enough is enough now.

I wouldn't be at all surprised at some stage we see poles and Ukrainians siding with other nations to give the Russian a taste of their own medicine

How would you feel about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I feel sorry for the ordinary Russian supporter over there. They could get the sh!t beaten out of them and even if not, will have to be on guard the whole time. Thugs ruining it for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

The whole thing would put you off ever going to a tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Enough is enough now.

That is from Saturday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Jaysus! Have you just arrived from Mars? English hooligans are present at EVERY tournament! If England didn't qualify there wouldn't be thread like this one exclusively dealing with the subject of hooliganism.
    Was that go-pro thing a joke? About 10 fat blokes running down the street :pac:

Complain to a mod then if you want censorship!

I didnt say that English hooligans dont have a history. I was talking about the past 5/6 days' events. Obviously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Get them out ,oh quick turn on RT (Kremlin tv),look at the English

Very balanced indeed if balanced is squed to one side

Oh give it a rest. The entire world knows you are anti-Russia no matter what. It's all there is to you. Complete biased one-sided outlook and a total inability to appreciate nuance. Go read some spitfire magazines, good lad.

• Advertisement

That is from Saturday

Where did I say it was from today? I said enough is enough this can't go on. England and Russia need to go. Poor old Wales are being dragged into it now also.

Where did I say it was from today? I said enough is enough this can't go on.

Haha. As I said embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Where did I say it was from today? I said enough is enough this can't go on.

how much is Vlad paying you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Enough is enough now.

That was from days ago.

Your agenda really is crystal clear.

'Wales being dragged into it', yes because their hooligan element is forced to side with the English ? What planet are you on.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    That was from days ago.

Your agenda really is crystal clear.

'Wales being dragged into it', yes because their hooligan element is forced to side with the English ? What planet are you on.

And it doesn't really amount to much.

Chairs thrown, the old arms outstretched let's be having you poses...hardly a rampage.

how much is Vlad paying you?

tin foil that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Oh give it a rest. The entire world knows you are anti-Russia

Reign parade .

Anti Putin yes as are millions of others are .

But as people are calling for balance we get anti English ,English did this and English did that .

Unfortunately thread title says what exactly

And it doesn't really amount to much.

Chairs thrown, the old arms outstretched let's be having you poses...hardly a rampage.

Yeah just a few chairs and arms. What about the lad on the ground injured who takes two punches in the face? Go on out of that this is more evidence of how the English "fans" act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yeah just a few chairs and arms. What about the lad on the ground injured who takes two punches in the face? Go on out of that this is more evidence of how the English "fans" act.

Soapbox, soapbox, soapbox, vlads pocket, mother russia is best russia

• Advertisement

I saw one punch which was a cuff delivered from about 3 inches.

I've seen worse outside the local on a Saturday.

There was some nasty videos over the weekend, one bad one of an English fan getting kicked into the head.

But presenting everything as hysterical "oh this is the worst ever, they have to be thrown out now" just dilutes the message.

Someone posted a video of English fans messing with kids earlier, throwing coins at them, we are scraping the barrel.

Advertisement