Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia handed suspended sentence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Superhorse wrote: »
    Yeah just a few chairs and arms. What about the lad on the ground injured who takes two punches in the face? Go on out of that this is more evidence of how the English "fans" act.

Yes they are thugs but lets be honest here there are far worse videos of Russian Hooligans kicking people unconscious on the ground and then stamping on their heads. Yet I don't see you linking to those or crying your crocodile tears over those events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Soapbox, soapbox, soapbox, vlads pocket, mother russia is best russia

Yeah Putin pays me by paypal. Have you any idea how silly you sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Wibble

I saw one punch which was a cuff delivered from about 3 inches.

I've seen worse outside the local on a Saturday.

There was some nasty videos over the weekend, one bad one of an English fan getting kicked into the head.

But presenting everything as hysterical "oh this is the worst ever, they have to be thrown out now" just dilutes the message.

Someone posted a video of English fans messing with kids earlier, throwing coins at them, we are scraping the barrel.

Ah that's alright then it was just a cuff from 3 inches. Remind me never to go to your local if you've seen worse than that riot on a Saturday. Where's the local, Al Raqqah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yeah Putin pays me by paypal. Have you any idea how silly you sound?

about as silly as a single-issue poster hijacking a forum

about as silly as a fortnight in france when russian holigans are battering the shíte out of anything that moves

about as silly as a pineapple on a skateboard

about as silly as a super horse is it a bird is it a plane no it's putinhorse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yeah just a few chairs and arms. What about the lad on the ground injured who takes two punches in the face? Go on out of that this is more evidence of how the English "fans" act.

Ignoring the other videos where you have seen people laying on the ground only for others to come up and kick them in the head lol keep going it is more entertaining that the France game

Ah that's alright then it was just a cuff from 3 inches. Remind me never to go to your local if you've seen worse than that riot on a Saturday. Where's the local, Al Raqqah?

Have you ever gone to a football match with aggro?

Have you ever gone to a football match with aggro?

No I'm a barstooler.

No I'm a barstooler.

Some of the videos you posted would point to that.

A punch! A punch! Ban them from international competition! Guy with arms outstretched, swearing. It's a rampage! Mean to kids! Send them home!

Let's not try to sweep the English & Welsh guys scummy behaviour under the carpet. They are in the same bucket as the Russians and any of them that get a kicking can't say they didn't deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Let's not try to sweep the English & Welsh guys scummy behaviour under the carpet. They are in the same bucket as the Russians and any of them that get a kicking can't say they didn't deserve it.

Nobody deserves a kicking but yeah they are all scum.

Oh I have no sympathy for the thugs if they get in trouble.

It's the people who went over to have a good time and enjoy the football I feel sorry for.

Like the father and son in this photo from the match at the weekend. As a father with a young son this resonated with me.

Dads-protect-sons-at-England-v-Russia-game-in-Marseille.jpg

gandalf wrote: »
    Oh I have no sympathy for the thugs if they get in trouble.

It's the people who went over to have a good time and enjoy the football I feel sorry for.

Like the father and son in this photo from the match at the weekend. As a father with a young son this resonated with me.

Dads-protect-sons-at-England-v-Russia-game-in-Marseille.jpg

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A punch! A punch! Ban them from international competition! Guy with arms outstretched, swearing. It's a rampage! Mean to kids! Send them home!
    A great bunch of lads!
    If you ever encounter these decent skins and they find out you're a "paddy" then I hope you can run fast! :D

*presuming you're Irish

No one is, those in Lille tonight have just shown the World what England used to be going looking to start destroying cars and such.

Posters excusing violence because they are English. Who would have thunk it huh.

A great bunch of lads!
    If you ever encounter these decent skins and they find out you're a "paddy" then I hope you can run fast! :D

*presuming you're Irish

Been to plenty of games in England.

Never got more than a "what part of Ireland" when they heard the accent tbh. From the lager swilling, arms outstretched, tattoo of the Queen Mum types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That's some randomers account.

• Advertisement

Posters excusing violence because they are English. Who would have thunk it huh.

I haven't seen one person excuse the English here at all. But you appear to cast a very blind eye to the actions of the organised Russian thugs.

You claim to be balanced but all the links you reference and uniquely aimed at discrediting the English thugs, if you were truly balanced you would post links to the Russians thugs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Russkies are good at that bit of non-IKEA football.

Go non-something football:)

A great bunch of lads!

*presuming you're Irish

have you been to any games in England?

adox wrote: »

Oh no you mean it's not someone famous?

The only reports about English and Welsh fans near the station in Lille today was the police cordoning them off and bringing Russian fans out of the station via a rear exit,no violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No I mean it's just some randomers account. No one else reporting it. No credible sources reporting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Just back from the Russia Slovak game. Not much violence at the game anyway. We went into lille for a bit after but didn't get our heads kicked in. They've employed a 3 day ban on alcohol sales in lille but we managed to cycle out of the city and got a few bottles of vodka. Security seems pretty lax here tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Point is its hardly verified. Your tweet cites AFP as the source yet there's nothing of the AFP Twitter feed. Because it is made up bull****.

• Advertisement

To Be Sure To Be Sure

Wunder shein diesen leuten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

The Russian thugs are sneaky. They'll wait until dark and when people are badly drunk. May wear other countries shirts, then pull out an iron and brain damage someone. Superhorse's heroes. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

No I mean it's just some randomers account. No one else reporting it. No credible sources reporting it.
    But it's on the Internet! It must be true! Unless a randomer reports the Russians being thugs. Then it's not true. And Stan Collymore is a reliable and unreliable source at the same time.

But it's on the Internet! It must be true! Unless a randomer reports the Russians being thugs. Then it's not true. And Stan Collymore is a reliable and unreliable source at the same time.

One of the puzzling developments in recent days is Collymores turn as Bill Buford in his "Among the Thugs" days.

Rightwing wrote: »
    The Russian thugs are sneaky. They'll wait until dark and when people are badly drunk. May wear other countries shirts, then pull out an iron and brain damage someone. Superhorse's heroes. :rolleyes:

Yeah that's why ive stated countless times Russia should be thrown out, you know because they are my superheros. :pac: Some folk

One of the puzzling developments in recent days is Collymores turn as Bill Buford in his "Among the Thugs" days.

He was tear gassed today:pac:

3550FE2D00000578-3643349-By_stander_Stan_Collymore_was_pictured_sitting_down_and_using_hi-m-116_1466018982963.jpg

• Advertisement

have you been to any games in England?
    Yes, no one sings "Rule Britannia" or "God save the Queen" at league matches but it is sung at matches when the English national team plays abroad.
    Why do you think this is?
    The Russian thugs are sneaky. They'll wait until dark and when people are badly drunk. May wear other countries shirts, then pull out an iron and brain damage someone. Superhorse's heroes.
    Are you a Sun reader by any chance?

Yes, no one sings "Rule Britannia" or "God save the Queen" at league matches but it is sung at matches when the English national team plays abroad.
    No one sings Fields of Athenry at LOI games. What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shane12

Just an observation, I have been to an irish match in moscow in 2012. Frightening is the word I would use. The english thugs are pussycats compared to these degenerates. They just attack at random my mates and I were lucky to escape without injury ran as fast as our legs would carry us. The whole place in very uncivilised god help anybody hoping to travel there for the next world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shane12

That should be 2002 typo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah that's why ive stated countless times Russia should be thrown out, you know because they are my superheros. :pac: Some folk

I'm reading reports online of more outrageous English behaviour in France. Maybe you're right Superhorse

kick them out. It's a disgrace

• Advertisement

Are you a Sun reader by any chance?

Erm, because they are songs associated with the national side?

zerks wrote: »
    He was tear gassed today:pac:

3550FE2D00000578-3643349-By_stander_Stan_Collymore_was_pictured_sitting_down_and_using_hi-m-116_1466018982963.jpg

Just a fag and 15 tweets and he'll be alright.

The guy in the Nike gear clearly didn't want to be identified,everyone else having pints.

3550E73E00000578-3643349-Hundreds_of_England_fns_gathered_outside_a_pub_in_central_Lille_-a-92_1466018173816.jpg

Same fella a short while later.

35513E6700000578-3643349-Masked_fans_were_seen_running_through_the_streets_as_pepper_spra-a-101_1466018173832.jpg

No one sings Fields of Athenry at LOI games. What's your point?
    If you don't know the difference or even what both songs represent then I don't think I'm in a position to argue the point with you.
    The guy in the Nike gear clearly didn't want to be identified,everyone else having pints.
    Hes a trained Russian agent provocateur. It will all be revealed in tomorrow's Express.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Shane12 wrote: »
    Just an observation, I have been to an irish match in moscow in 2012. Frightening is the word I would use. The english thugs are pussycats compared to these degenerates. They just attack at random my mates and I were lucky to escape without injury ran as fast as our legs would carry us. The whole place in very uncivilised god help anybody hoping to travel there for the next world cup.

The number of deaths attributable to English football hooligans over the years, both at home and away, would suggest otherwise.

Seriously, there are no excuses to be made for either Russian or English thugs. Anyone trying to minimise either involvement needs to take stock of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm reading reports online of more outrageous English behaviour in France. Maybe you're right Superhorse

kick them out. It's a disgrace

They started it

I dislike City fans..... just because.

If you don't know the difference or even what both songs represent then I don't think I'm in a position to argue the point with you.
    I don't think you're capable of arguing the point alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

I dislike the way mtv doesn't play music anymore and the soccer thread doesn't discuss soccer anymore. Modern life is Rubbish.

If any country is banned from the tournament their fans would be left with a moral dilema. Would they not?

• Advertisement
Advertisement