Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia handed suspended sentence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hes a trained Russian agent provocateur. It will all be revealed in tomorrow's Express.

lol.

He's not very good,they wear Adidas and Stone Island.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Russia and England

Morals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I dislike the way mtv doesn't play music anymore and the soccer thread doesn't discuss soccer anymore. Modern life is Rubbish.

That's what happens when they open the forum to the great unwashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

gandalf wrote: »
    That's what happens when they open the forum to the great unwashed.

I'm one of those too as you probably knew! ;) I just didn't realise the forums vibe (pretty naff word sorry) would change so drastically.

Anyway said my piece here and in feedbacks ghost town thread. I'll leave you all to it, hope things improve over in France by whatever means and hope it improves here too. All the best.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Bloody Russians at it again...

TBH at this stage it doesn't matter which bunch are at it. Both England and Russia should be turfed out and Russia should be stripped of hosting the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Those strobo flares are very popular with the Russians

I'm one of those too as you probably knew! ;) I just didn't realise the forums vibe (pretty naff word sorry) would change so drastically.

Unfortunately anything that says anything negative about Mother Russia tends to attract it's defenders en mass no mater what the actual subject is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

PL fixture list came out today oh the joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

When you read the various news reports, it looks like the French police have just decided to clear the streets and any groups of supporters will just keep getting moved on until they get bored and go back to their hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Gatling wrote: »
    PL fixture list came out today oh the joy

Your obsession with all things Russia is weird. I'm beginning to think a Russian banged your missus at this stage :p

WarZ wrote: »
    Your obsession with all things Russia is weird. I'm beginning to think a Russian banged your missus at this stage :p

Wow like Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

When you read the various news reports, it looks like the French police have just decided to clear the streets and any groups of supporters will just keep getting moved on until they get bored and go back to their hotels.

Just watched Collymore's last Periscope feed and yeah that's what it looked like. They marched them away from the pub, passed the fanzine then when they got to the end of the road the police turned them round and made them walk back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Superhorse
    Closed Account

The English must have got him

Unearthly wrote: »
    Superhorse
    Closed Account

They will be back tomorrow or the next day reminding us all about the big bad English fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

You all know how this will go down!

In the next few months the English media will start a campaign to stop Russia from being allowed to host the World Cup with "England being the obvious choice to step up at the last minute".

Cant understand how people are blaming one side or the other when its obviously both sides that are in the wrong.

Friday night English fans sang songs about the IRA, WW2 and chanting "where is ISIS"

The Russian fans have been more than willing to fight the English fans

The French lads seem to be trying to just wind up both sides. The groups going around seem to be goading them into a fight and then when it starts they run off leaving a mass brawl to unfold behind them.

Today the English fans tried to wind up the Russians for losing.............. what did they think would happen.

All of the so called English "victims" in the videos seem to be firing bottles just as quick as the agitators

The only ones in the wrong at the stadium is the Russian side to be fair but I would f#ck them both out of the competition

24 teams and only fighting following two of them around (aside from a few scuffles but nothing on this scale). Its obvious that both sets of crap should be sent home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

[QUOTE=BorneTobyWilde;100051283

Quite drink down the pub.[/QUOTE]

Embed:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

GUy in end of that is clearly English to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

zerks wrote: »

"France and Albanian Hooligans FIGHT with RUSSIAN HOOLIGANS"

Yet you clearly see English tops through the whole fight, hear English accents and then get a close up "interview" with a man in an English jersey with a London accent.

Sure "they" may have started it, but why the f#ck are you standing around and trying to cause harm, if your so innocent?

GUy in end of that is clearly English to me.

He is saying they were attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

That didn't happen tonight! seen it before few days ago, the flare going through the window jogged my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That's from last weekend I think. Certainly not tonight.

Utter twats. It isn't hard to go to football without getting into bother. It isn't hard to go to someone else's country and show respect. There's thousands of decent England fans over in France and more on the way and a couple of hundred morons are making us all look horrid.

Edit - that said I'm not honestly sure how much has really gone on tonight beyond general drunken English obnoxiousness and the French Police finally getting tired of it and using force to disperse them. Difficult to get many specifics online.

Superhorse
    Closed Account

Ah he'll be back I think that is at least his third reincarnation at this stage.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Utter twats. It isn't hard to go to football without getting into bother. It isn't hard to go to someone else's country and show respect. There's thousands of decent England fans over in France and more on the way and a couple of hundred morons are making us all look horrid.

Edit - that said I'm not honestly sure how much has really gone on tonight beyond general drunken English obnoxiousness and the French Police finally getting tired of it and using force to disperse them. Difficult to get many specifics online.

Yep unbelievable that all the fans from England are being tarnished by a minority of twits. I remember meeting loads of England fans in Japan in 2002 and they were great craic, I guess they were the real fans as the scumbags couldn't afford to get out there.

I also thought that the French said they were going to stop alcohol being served in the days prior to the game. From the reports I heard all the bars and restaurants ignored that instruction and a lot of the fans have been drinking all day again. The French really have messed up with this part of the tournament organisation and are continuing to mess it up badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Superhorse
    Closed Account

He did seem to have an axe to grind with English fans, even though he said he was condemning both sides equally.

Yep unbelievable that all the fans from England are being tarnished by a minority of twits. I remember meeting loads of England fans in Japan in 2002 and they were great craic, I guess they were the real fans as the scumbags couldn't afford to get out there.

I also thought that the French said they were going to stop alcohol being served in the days prior to the game. From the reports I heard all the bars and restaurants ignored that instruction and a lot of the fans have been drinking all day again. The French really have messed up with this part of the tournament organisation and are continuing to mess it up badly.

The alcohol ban seemed to be only for shops and supermarkets. Bars are still open but most are having to shut at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Time to kick England out of the tournament before they embarass themselves against Wales.

The alcohol ban seemed to be only for shops and supermarkets. Bars are still open but most are having to shut at midnight

Well that is totally ineffectual.

Time to kick England out of the tournament before they embarass themselves against Wales.

If they lose to Wales tomorrow the scumbags might just go far enough and force UEFA to act on their threat.

I actually fancy the Welsh to beat them.

I think a few in this thread would nearly prefer if the Irish were carrying on like the English and Russians: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057609546&page=34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I think a few in this thread would nearly prefer if the Irish were carrying on like the English and Russians: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057609546&page=34

Not sure about that but there seems to be quite a few posters reveling in the English being attacked by the Russians and French with others hoping the Russians get their comeuppance rather than hoping the authorities can find a way to get the trouble under control.

There was certainly groups on the French, Russian & English sides too eager to get involved in fighting but I think a large amount of blame needs to be put on the French authorities for not planning their security better.

It takes such a shine off the tournament(which has been pretty good so far) for normal fans interested in the football and enjoying themselves in a peaceful way.

I'm heading over for the Ireland vs Italy game and was surprised when people asked it I was worried about terrorist attacks during the Euros as the thought never entered my mind but I have to admit in the last few days I checked to see what countries might have fans around Lille for next weeks game as that is the real threat to average fans going to games.

He certainly seems to sensationalise every piece of info.

He had some news earlier about baton charges and chaos and bangers going off. On watching the video, yes, a banger went off. That was the sum total of the chaos in that clip. One loud firework.

He should really be told to relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

"At least 36 arrests, mostly English supporters"

But I thought the English fans were just the harmless innocent bystanders that were viciously targeted by Russian and French thugs.

Seems some of those English supporters from the England/Russia thread have a bit of explaining to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That's from last night the other thread is from Saturday where the English were set upon, nobody is saying the English were innocent last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

French police completely Clouseau.

Pushing the England fans with baton charges and banging riot shields for what, singing and having a beer.

I admit theres knobbers who get lairy but what actually happened yesterday other then a lot of people being chased out of segregating in areas.

and where does it say 36 English fans arrested?

Sky News are saying on their site that, as I suggested last night, the riot shields, tear gas and arrests at the end of the night were to disperse the crowds who were still singing and chanting.

End of the day, you reap what you sow and I stand by my comments last night - if England are in Nice next week when I am (which they will be if they finish second) then even as a proud England fan I won't be hanging around in the same bars, or even areas, that huge groups will be in singing obnoxious songs 30 years past their relevance. It scares locals, pisses off businesses and Police who aren't used to these scenes at 20 Premier League clubs every other week don't have the patience to deal with it.

BUT I'm yet to see any evidence of any real violence or anything else to really justify the actions of the French police at the end of the day.

Maybe some eye witnesses or videos will come out today to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

quarryman wrote: »
    "At least 36 arrests, mostly English supporters"

But I thought the English fans were just the harmless innocent bystanders that were viciously targeted by Russian and French thugs.

Seems some of those English supporters from the England/Russia thread have a bit of explaining to do...

Are people gonna keep saying **** like this ?

There were instances where they were indeed attacked, face it. That it may not have happened like that in this case doesn't change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Sensationalism. Just say the word 'riot police' and 'flares' and it makes up everyones mind about what happened.

I was at the play off final at Wembley, they had designated pubs, and designated fan parks, the police were very standoff but were there for any small issues. Police in France are just baton charging people from place to place chucking flashbangs, youre gonna get a reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

If they lose to Wales tomorrow the scumbags might just go far enough and force UEFA to act on their threat.

I actually fancy the Welsh to beat them.

6/1 today,thats worth a flutter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

French police are too lax and now too rough.
    Amazing how much trouble there is in this one group compared to the rest. Somehow I don't expect to see this trouble when other nations visit Lille and Marseille. Its ridiculous that Russia are hosting the next major tournament and England feel entitled to host one.

ERG89 wrote: »
    French police are too lax and now too rough.
    Amazing how much trouble there is in this one group compared to the rest. Somehow I don't expect to see this trouble when other nations visit Lille and Marseille. Its ridiculous that Russia are hosting the next major tournament and England feel entitled to host one.

Yep their crowd control planning seems to be non-existent and they are extremely inconsistent in there engagement with the thugs. In some cases standing back as the thugs bash lumps out of each other or innocent by standers and then going in hard and heavy even with ordinary fans who happen to be in a big group.

I think The Guardian it was that I read in last night one of the U.K. Police chiefs over there to help the French was bemoaning the lack of strategy from his French counterparts as they just marched the English fans down one road then up the next.

I honestly think that it will get better from here. Fingers crossed.

Anyway I'm off to the pub to watch the mighty Three Lions crush some second rate opposition. I know that I carry all of your support with me and it is greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

I think The Guardian it was that I read in last night one of the U.K. Police chiefs over there to help the French was bemoaning the lack of strategy from his French counterparts as they just marched the English fans down one road then up the next.

I honestly think that it will get better from here. Fingers crossed.

Anyway I'm off to the pub to watch the mighty Three Lions crush some second rate opposition. I know that I carry all of your support with me and it is greatly appreciated :)

So p*ssed off the Wales v England game is at 2pm :(

Shocking scenes as Irish fans provoke English fans in France

• Advertisement
Advertisement