Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Realistic Sale Price

• 14-06-2016 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm going traveling in August and looking to sell my car provided I can recoup a decent % of the original cost.
    I'm only going to sell it if I don't lose too much on so looking for a realistic estimation of its private sale value.
    2011 BMW 320D ES 177BHP Cloth interior, alloys etc. Interior and Body Condition are immaculate. 90,000 Miles
    Always been serviced in BMW garages. One UK owner and one other Irish owner, full cartel report, Tax is 190e and taxed till December and NCT till next Summer.

Purchased in a car dealership that is not BMW but servicing done by BMW. Full Service History from new. No major work done

Assuming everything I said is correct, what would be a realistic value for me to get. I'll keep the original sale price to myself for now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looking on dondeal there are a lot of these cars for sale, most of them still on UK plates so you must price yours aggressively if you want to sell it quickly.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-320d/12548676

Above is one of the cheapest examples and it's a SE model so taking VRT into account your probably talking about asking around €10,500 for yours imo depending how quickly you want to shift it. If it's had it's timing chain replaced then mention that as it's a bonus for anyone in the market for one of those cars.

BTW the original sale price makes no difference to the here and now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

bazz26 wrote: »
    BTW the original sale price makes no difference to the here and now.

Yes I know that, it's relevant to me as I won't bother selling it if I'm losing too much. My brother will keep it for the year

Yeah 10,500 is too low, if that's what I'm going to get for it, I'll hold on to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ok that bit wasn't clear from the original post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

bazz26 wrote: »
    Ok that bit wasn't clear from the original post.

It was actually what I said in the second sentence.

Anyway, I appreciate the insight, thanks. Re-Sale price is definitely less than I thought.

Advertisement