Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Dentists

Options
  • 14-06-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Not sure of protocol here,done a search and didn't want to bump older threads. All recommendations by pms anyway.
    Appreciate if anyone could pm a good/reliable family dentist in and around Galway. Don't have to be in the city.
    We have experienced a handful in the past 10-15years (all still in business). Won't be returning as have had bad experiences.

Thanking in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

James McGovern on Eglington St is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Gate dental clinic is good I find http://www.gateclinic.com - I've found Dr Paul Moore very good there, good at explaining what's going on with the teeth and gums, answers all the questions.

The hygienist (Blaithin O'Donoghue) is also good - put bonjella on the gums prior to poking them and she's very gentle and I hardly felt a thing.

They don't do PRSI though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sure, we'll give it another go.

I use Asta Reddin myself, she's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

biko wrote: »
    Sure, we'll give it another go.

I use Asta Reddin myself, she's good.

I use to go there but never got Asta herself, just one of the other ones who were there on shorter contracts, and tbh my experiences ranged fron OK to just bad - during my last cleaning it felt like they were trying to drag my teeth out of my skull and my teeth felt sore for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I go to and like Liam McGee on Merchant's Rd. Doesn't be wasting money on things like computers in the office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I go to Galway Dental on cross street. Have a dentist specifically for kids. and they are really nice people

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭StonedRaider

many thanks for all the recommendations. plenty via pm as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I use Eoin Fleetwood in Eyre Square dental found them brillant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Another for liam mcgee, the man is a gift from the gods

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Andrew Lally down Steamship House, near the docks. I've converted so many people (including some very nervous ones) to him. Absolutely brilliant professional, and a very caring and compassionate man to boot.

Bleedin' fountain of youth though, has looked the same for the 12 years I've known him. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

+1 Liam McGee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Liam McGee.

He makes me want to be a better man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Liam McGee.

He makes me want to be a better man.

Haha, me too... and I'm not even a man! Liam McGee has a lot to answer for. :D

Cannot recommend him enough, he's really very gentle, brilliant for nervous people. I went to a different dentist this year over Christmas while he was on hols and I was shocked at the difference. I had no idea those anesthetic injections actually hurt because I'm so used to him being so gentle. I hope he never retires!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Haha, me too... and I'm not even a man! Liam McGee has a lot to answer for. :D

Cannot recommend him enough, he's really very gentle, brilliant for nervous people. I went to a different dentist this year over Christmas while he was on hols and I was shocked at the difference. I had no idea those anesthetic injections actually hurt because I'm so used to him being so gentle. I hope he never retires!

ive him warned he is not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

I'm pretty shaky around dentists till I went to R Dent in galway shopping centre, Dr. Mamoon Rashid is amazing. really funny guy, very reasonable prices and he plays youtube vids of your choice while your in the chair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Liam McGee makes me not avoid going to the dentist. Girlfriend goes to the other guy in the same place and finds him good as well. Can't remember his name but I think there's only the 2 of them in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Any other recommendations for a dentist? Liam McGee isn't taking any new patients and Andrew Lally doesn't have an appointment until late May/Early June.

I think I need an extraction, and it's fairly urgent.

Advertisement