Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Waste

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Rural Louth

So do I. Did u get different letter the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So do I. Did u get different letter the other day.

No this the first since receiving a barcode label a couple of weeks ago.

Give them a buzz if confused as they're nice to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Sadly Oxigen are abolishing their pay by lift service from Friday week, and as a pay by lift customer who wasn't even told this, I couldn't recommend them. Currently looking for a new provider myself.

Based on personal calculation here, for a family of 4, im looking at 36e / month as opposed to 26e / month before. And thats with similar weight usage, something I can improve on. Not bad at all.
    Product code: 1.1
    Oxigen NE - Dundalk/Carrick

Brown Bin available: Yes

Service charge €134.00

Black lift Free
    Green lift Free
    Brown lift Free

Black kg rate €0.33
    Green kg rate €0.00
    Brown kg rate €0.19

Minimum Balance:
    €15.00

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

No this the first since receiving a barcode label a couple of weeks ago.

Give them a buzz if confused as they're nice to deal with.

I got another letter from ace and it says ignore all previous correspondence. As it staying the same as it is now.

I got another letter from ace and it says ignore all previous correspondence. As it staying the same as it is now.

Noticed the section on PBW has been removed from their website. I suppose everything is basically as it is until next summer. The local shop had got in a new consignment of tags last week. They delivered me a recycle bin last week too. Its unlikely i'll use it as most of my recyclables go to the bottle banks and V&W on the Newry Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Bit late to the party here. Am I right in taking it that Oxigen are changing the terms of their pay per lift but haven't actually communicated this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

MugMugs wrote: »
    Bit late to the party here. Am I right in taking it that Oxigen are changing the terms of their pay per lift but haven't actually communicated this out?

Nothing changes for another year, usual Service Fee only til 01/07/2017

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

MugMugs wrote: »
    ZeRoY wrote: »
    Nothing changes for another year, usual Service Fee only til 01/07/2017

I'm not sure on this one. I mentioned before about speaking to a supervisor in Oxigen about this and she told me that the 12 month delay was assigned to the main system with service charges, and never addressed PBL services. She said everything will stay the same until 1-Aug at least, but she had no more info. She said she'd leave a note on my account saying they will lift my bin one more time after August under the current system, as I put out the bin so rarely, but that something will be changing for PBL customers sooner than July '17. :confused::confused:

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm not sure on this one. I mentioned before about speaking to a supervisor in Oxigen about this and she told me that the 12 month delay was assigned to the main system with service charges, and never addressed PBL services. She said everything will stay the same until 1-Aug at least, but she had no more info. She said she'd leave a note on my account saying they will lift my bin one more time after August under the current system, as I put out the bin so rarely, but that something will be changing for PBL customers sooner than July '17. :confused::confused:

Great company really.

Ring them up, ask about changes to their system and they're "not sure"

I'd actually stick with them if they just upped the price per lift but I refuse to allow them just eat away at my money for effectively doing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

That's how I'm feeling too... a PBL that had a flat rate + weight charge would work for me! The irregularity suits me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone with Ecological? I'm going to switch to them as they offer two 240 litre general waste bin lifts per fortnight which we need!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hectic1308

Can any of you tell me what you are paying with ace? I have been paying them 30 a month for over 2 years.....I have a 140L waste bin and a 240L recycle bin.......I went on to their website to get their phone number to cancel our bins and the price on the website states that for 30 a month I should have a 240L waste bin, a 240L recycle bin and a compost caddy

Advertisement