Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto E2 LTE and Marshmallow

Options
  • 14-06-2016 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased my Moto E2 LTE from Amazon.es ... delivered to Ireland.

- It's supposed to be an unlocked retail version ... but looks like it's somehow linked to Orange-Espana
    - Android Version = 5.0.2
    - System Version = 22.41.53.surnia_retes.retesall.en.EU oraes
    - When I check for updates; the system advise I've the up to date version ... but, clearly I don't.

Q1. Has anyone received MM OTA on an Moto E2 LTE which was purchased in IRL? Does the phone feel better on Lollipop or MM?

Q2. Any advice on getting MM? (I don't care about voiding a warranty).
    - I've never rooted/flashed an Android device before.
    - I did flash a ROM onto a Nokia-N8 years ago and that worked out easy/ok ...

Regards,
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

I put CM13 (MM Rom) on mine. Works great. Battery life is good.
    Can install apps on SD card.
    Great themes on CM13.
    Follow the steps and you will be grand. I would be a noob to all this stuff too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-moto-e-lte-t3329100

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

I bought a 4g lte version here (unlocked) and got the upgrade to 6.0.

Didnt any difference in speed going to 6.0

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Tesco Retail here (4G LTE) (since unlocked) and got the upgrade to 6.0. Nice phone, except for the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭IRL-Tony

@beauf,

I read a little about the camera ... apparently you can get better results if you turn the HDR function on [all the time?] ...
    I haven't got around to testing it myself.

Good luck,
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Must try that. Its not my phone, so not an issue for me tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement