Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

180 credits but no Degree

• 14-06-2016 2:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

I didn't pass a core module but I have 180 ECTS credits, would I nee the actual degree to do the Masters? I was thinking of just doing the resit in UCD in december but starting the masters in September if that was possible?

Is there a massive flaw in my plan? I have been provisionally accepted into two Masters outside of Ireland and was wondering if there is any hope of me doing them before I technically graduate?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

BUMP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

For DCU i got told core is a must pass otherwise you do not get a degree, but this didn't mean we got full credits.

I'd contact you college admin to see if you'll still be awarded the degree.

And yes you need a bachelors for a masters in ireland as they ask for transcripts of degree

Thing is I got accepted into two masters in Rome and Barcelona, both ask for 180 credits which I assume is based on the assumption that this gets you a Bachelors Degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Really depends on what they want. I studied in prague and it's a completely different system with choose whatever you want and just get the credits.
    Do the course state you need a degree or 180 credits?
    I'll be honest op if you're taking a chance don't, get your bachelor degree first and then worrying about the masters.

I assume they just expect you to have a degree with 180 credits but I messaged them to see if I would be able to start and just come back in December to do the leftover module. Realistically they won't allow it but we'll see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement