Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCH prohibit ticket resale?

Options
  • 14-06-2016 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi there,

There is an event coming up at the NCH that I may not be able to attend so was hoping to resell my tickets (at face value) but the NCH make a point of stating resale is prohibited and ID may be required upon entry.

I'm wondering how much they actually adhere to this.

Anyone sold on tickets for NCH events or bought from a reseller?

Thanks,
    TP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I bought resold tickets to shows last year. There was no ID check. Unless this has been implemented or they just started enforcing it I'd say you would be ok unless someone who has done this more recently can advise. Id imagine just part of the small print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm pretty sure there's a clause on every ticket these days that say they're not transferable.

Unless it's a high demand show that has a special ID requirement (like the Tom Waits show a few years back) then you'll have no problem I wouldn't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Yeah I'd be surprised if they actually enforce this, think of the amount of tickets bought as gifts not going to turn all them away

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TediousProcess

Thanks all.

I did think it would be too difficult a thing to enforce.

I can understand the warning when it's a case of people buying and reselling at extortionate prices but it seems ridiculous to try and stop people who can't attend from getting back the face value amount. I found a letter to the Irish Times stating they actually stopped a reselling facility years ago which doesn't seem to benefit anyone, themselves included.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think its standard on all tickets as said. If it is to be enforced you usually would be well aware of it, I think some gigs like U2 and glastonbury had this to stop touting.

Sure I think the warnings on dvds still say you cannot sell them on.

I think its a get out clause if someone bought up the lot and was trying a full on scam, like what you describe in the Times. I think ticketmaster have the same policy and I was once trying to return them and the ticketmaster rep said I could sell them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement