Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer/Estate Agent

Options
  • 14-06-2016 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Looking for advice have been considering for a long time to establish an estate agency business have always had an interest in property I am based in the north west there is plenty of activity in this area, just wondering what people's opinions are of this business thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Probably best to get some experience in the market before starting out yourself, why would I pick you over Mr Established agency? What USP would you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Nuttzz wrote: »
    Probably best to get some experience in the market before starting out yourself, why would I pick you over Mr Established agency? What USP would you have?

Yes I have got some experience over the last year my usp would be that I can offer the personal service that the large established agency can't offer due to large volume of business

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Are you eligible to get a PSRA license?

whatnext wrote: »
    Are you eligible to get a PSRA license?

Have application form completed just deciding weather to make the move decision time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Murphy14 wrote: »
    Have application form completed just deciding weather to make the move decision time

May I ask how you meet the minimum requirements to get a PSRA license. Have you relevant experience 3 out of last 5 years or have you completed a course meeting the minimum academic requirements?

I too am interested in establishing this type of business however as I don't work in the area it will take me 2 years study before I can apply for the license.

• Advertisement

May I ask how you meet the minimum requirements to get a PSRA license. Have you relevant experience 3 out of last 5 years or have you completed a course meeting the minimum academic requirements?

I too am interested in establishing this type of business however as I don't work in the area it will take me 2 years study before I can apply for the license.
    Yes I have worked part time with an auctioneer over the last two years on a voluntary basis great experience and have also completed a course prior to that. Might I suggest approaching someone already in the business offering to work on voluntary basis away from the town or area you intend setting up in

Advertisement