Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour De Suisse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Great to see Talansky showing form and has carried it from California. Should hopefully progress to a big ride in the Tour now, he's been banging in and around the Top 10 the past few years.

Dombrowski impressed me yday... driving at the front a la sky to whityle the group down. Although he did the giro so not sure if hes going to the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Great to see Talansky showing form and has carried it from California. Should hopefully progress to a big ride in the Tour now, he's been banging in and around the Top 10 the past few years.

In terms of the tour, I still can't see Talansky challenging any of the top tier guys, i.e. Froome, Contador, Nibali, Quintana, and Aru.

If he makes it into the top-10 that would be a fantastic result for him since he will be battling for those positions with the likes of Pozzovivo, Porte, Van Garderen, Dan Martin, Valverde, Purito, Gesink, Kelderman.... holy sh*t that's some line-up when you start listing out the names! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Good result for TJ today, Geraint Thomas hasn't looked good in this TdS, nowhere near the form he had last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

And at the route de sud...
    Quintana wins the tt ahead of chavanel and erviti, after being in a 150k break yesterday. Ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Some great rides by the GC men in the TT today, what is tomorrow's stage like? many bonifications, it will all go down to the wire.

Click link for Stage and GC results

http://i.imgur.com/X7G2qLx.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Hager

Tomorrow's stage is 117km with 2 HC climbs, the second one summits after 100km. Two bonus sprints are in the valley between the climbs. With such a short stage it should be fast and furious, unlikely that a break will be let go with so much to play for at the top of the GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Hager

Today's stage has been shortened to 57km due to bad weather. It will still feature one HC climb with a 17km descent from there to the finish. I can't really see the GC changing with such a short test.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Is it just my imagination or does the commentator (not the Scottish fella) sound remarkably like Pat Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Hager wrote: »
    Today's stage has been shortened to 57km due to bad weather. It will still feature one HC climb with a 17km descent from there to the finish. I can't really see the GC changing with such a short test.

The descent looks really treacherous. Weather is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Trophy is taller than him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Lopez is going to be huge. He has it all already at 22.

Advertisement