Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere that sells horse meat?

Options
  • 14-06-2016 3:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

Is there any place that sells horse meat in Cork City? I have tried it a couple of times and found it to be delicious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Tesco, usually labeled as beef

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

More than likely the English Market.. They were only talking about it on Today FM the other day.. Does it taste like Beef then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Does it taste like Beef then
    Its close enough that tescos(and others) were able to fool the whole country for years without getting caught.
    The steaks are meant to be ok, a little gluey tho!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Milly33 wrote: »
    More than likely the English Market.. They were only talking about it on Today FM the other day.. Does it taste like Beef then

Yes, similar to beef, same texture and appearance. It tastes better though and is supposed to be very good for you. I recommend trying it.

I found it amusing and raised my eyebrows first when I heard about people eating horse meat but then I tried it. Delicious. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I'd say its special order. Theres a chicken shop next to the chocolate stand near the fountain in the market that does a lot of "exotic" meats (kangaroo, crocodile etc.).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Glueie hahah I get it... A bit hoofie is it!!! To early so it is?

Interseting, must try it.. I don't think I would be all for it but if needs be and you had to eat it.. Sure why not

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i had it in austria... ( foal actually .. and it was lovely.) but the nicest of all them fancy meats has to be ostrich. i lived on the stuff in south africa...

Advertisement