Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

You can now increase the text size in todays patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Always wanted to play a God of War game, think I'll have to pick this up during the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only a matter of time, no spoilers.

Kratos, Dad of the Year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Thank Christ lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Respect to anybody playing this on the either of the two higher difficulty settings. I went with normal and finding it a challenge. I think I have to stop using the lock on function as I'm finding that kills me the most. Really enjoying the game. The second boss fight (ye know who I mean) had me bouncing around on my chair as I swung, blocked and parried. Excellent, immensely satisfying combat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kotaku put up a screen showing smallest text and largest text. Looks like I still won't be reading journal entries :(

I honestly thought old age was catching up to me, glad other people having problems reading it as well.

https://kotaku.com/god-of-war-patch-increases-the-text-size-but-its-still-1825451101?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I was wondering what the lost items tab in the store was. Seems if you don't pick up an item that drops from an enemy it will appear there. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

The second boss fight (ye know who I mean) had me bouncing around on my chair as I swung, blocked and parried. Excellent, immensely satisfying combat.
    Brilliant boss!
    I FEEL NOTHING!!!

in fairness boss fights have always been fairly epic in God of War games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Brilliant boss!
    I FEEL NOTHING!!!

in fairness boss fights have always been fairly epic in God of War games.
    except for god of war 3, start game, boss fight , why are you doing this to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

gimli2112 wrote: »
    except for god of war 3, start game, boss fight , why are you doing this to me?

That was a fantastic introduction! I loved it!

Hasn't anyone progressed the story to, and this isn't a spoiler, the chisel part?
    When you meet a Wulver for the first time. Do the stun kill on it.
    Now that's God of War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I have given a name to my pain. And it is
    Valkyrie
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have to say, once you start making your way down the Axe combat tree its gets so much easier to stay in the heat of combat.
    Just after speaking to the Midgard Serpent for the second time, thought he was gonna eat me for a second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have played maybe 6 hours of this since I got it.

Am I the only one to think this is basically the last of us in nordic times?.

As by god it does not fell like a god of war game to play.

I am loving the game one of the best games I have ever played but its not God of war. Its a proper old school action game we're you need to think about all fights you are doing as one or two mistakes you are dead.

Pitty I work a near 50 hour week so I won't get time to play this to next weekend again.

Also anyone playing this on the pro?. As this is making my pro sound like a jet going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’ve turned the house upside down looking for Just Cause 3 to trade for this. Can’t find it anywhere :(

I’ve heard people mention Bloodborne and RPG. Is there much/any focus on collecting or crafting? Because that just isn’t my jam at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have played maybe 6 hours of this since I got it.

Am I the only one to think this is basically the last of us in nordic times?.

As by god it does not fell like a god of war game to play.

I am loving the game one of the best games I have ever played but its not God of war. Its a proper old school action game we're you need to think about all fights you are doing as one or two mistakes you are dead.

Pitty I work a near 50 hour week so I won't get time to play this to next weekend again.

Also anyone playing this on the pro?. As this is making my pro sound like a jet going off.

yeah playing it on a pro, no jet noises, fist pumps my neighbours hate me a lot but no jetz

• I’ve turned the house upside down looking for Just Cause 3 to trade for this. Can’t find it anywhere :(

I’ve heard people mention Bloodborne and RPG. Is there much/any focus on collecting or crafting? Because that just isn’t my jam at all.

There is but it's really not overly complicated.

All the systems are excellent and the tutorials are great.

Trust me this game is just so good.

I don't buy the whole "it's not god of war"

There are loads of simple throwbacks that keep this true to its source. Like how vicious he is in combat, kratos is still a bastard.

The execution kills

The boss fights

The way he opens crates

The way kratos jumps and moves on cliff edges

And from what I'm picking up from the story so far it's clearly showing Kratos and his history

• Anyone cop how to see how many hours you have played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone cop how to see how many hours you have played?
    I really don't wanna know :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I’ve turned the house upside down looking for Just Cause 3 to trade for this. Can’t find it anywhere :(

It's not really an rpg, think Uncharted or tomb raider with hack'n'slash instead of guns. There is collecting and crafting but they're pretty minimal and you don't have to go out of your way to do it.

Yep, and the same with two of my mates. Thing sounds like it's gonna fly out the window

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Yep, and the same with two of my mates. Thing sounds like it's gonna fly out the window

I also have an one X and that thing is so quite compare to the pro when running 4k games and HDR.

Who would have thought the Xbox was quiter!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I have given a name to my pain. And it is
    Valkyrie
    :(

Yeah after dying about a dozen times I quickly backed out of that fight, barely caused a scratch. Need to level up/get better gear.

As per others the Pro is making a lot of racket.

Do not read this before getting to Helheim
    Blades of Chaos!
    made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Daxve wrote:

I did cause I'm a complete fu*king idiot who can't help himself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

:D Easter egg spoiler:
    Just got a call back to the boat captain from GoW 1 on a treasure map.

I also have an one X and that thing is so quite compare to the pro when running 4k games and HDR.

I've a One X too. It's like a whisper in comparison.
    God bless headphones! :)

Daxve wrote:
    Yeah after dying about a dozen times I quickly backed out of that fight, barely caused a scratch. Need to level up/get better gear.
    I knocked back the difficulty for the fight. Came across another since. Won't be knocking back the difficulty but will be leaving her for the time being.
    Daxve wrote:
    Such an awesome surprise!!! :D

How do you kill the small blue lizard with the orange tail, he just keeps burrowing every time I try to hit it. Arrows are no good either. Seems like its like thos things in Dark Souls you chase get materials from.

EDIT: Had to use a summon on it to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Playing in Resolution mode and in some scenes the pro's fans start to spin up, but most of the time its standard pro fan noise. Oddly enough the worse offender is the map, seems the fans get their loudest every time i open it.

Just got back to the lake after dropping down the difficulty from the hardest. Upgraded a bunch of stuff bought some new skills and now the game feels to easy :D Although i feel like im still early in the game as all the enemies are small humanoid's.

One thing i miss from the older games is the QTE's on R3 kill grabs. Snapping a Trolls neck in this game isn't nearly as satisfying as the older games cause you don't have to rotate the sticks.

I think my favorite R3 in this so far is the flying guys when you grab their spear and drag them out of the air and batter them with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What control scheme are you guys using for quick turn ?

I'm not a fan of any of the 3 options provided.

-Down on DPAD means I have to take my thumb off the left analogue stick
    -R1+R2 feels strange as they are my 2 attack moves, not sure why I'd use em to turn
    -Down on Left Analoge and L3 - I hate pressing L3 anyways and while pulling the stick back is even worse.

Like...Back and Square or Circle would be much better. They're not used much in fights from memory. Unless they are later in the game with some special items.

A small gripe in an otherwise amazing game.

Advertisement