Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

biggebruv wrote: »
    Well with the level of graphics and time it takes to polish a very slick and smooth well made game such as these your gonna probly be waiting another 4 years for the next one.

Surely not. They took 5 years because they were building from the ground up. They have most assets now (Lake of Nine will be in every game) so they just have to build on it. Pretty sure they already have the other realms ready to go and are just going to improve on it/add more. I think 2 years is plenty time for the next in the series, especially if they're not doing DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Atreus to be the main character in GoW 3, calling it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm playing on balanced and it's the right difficulty for me. I just upgrade the amour I get from sidequests and it seems good enough. There's so much choice for the rune abilities that I don't know what to pick.

Mid game
    My fear of not getting to fight the gods was clearly wrong as I did the magni and modi boss fight last night. You wait for one god to turn up and then you get two at once :pac: It took me a good few tries to beat the Valkyrie behind the chisel door that unlocks after that fight.

Exploring is much more fun when you have Mimir as his stories are pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Just started it up after update 1.14 and the screen view is now letterboxed I’m not the only one with this issue I had to change the actual PS4 screen settings to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I updated this morning as well. I knew there was something up when I went back to it. Ended up telling meself it had been like that all along and I just hadn't noticed. I'd say they'll issue another patch soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Can we just give it up to Sony for giving us a super solid singleplayer game without any added DLC and MTX ****.

It's a game, you buy it, you get the game, you play game, happy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I kinda hate the levelling and RPG systems in this. They detract from the immediacy of the combat, and the menu design is too busy and messy. At worst, they discourage experimentation: why equip a new rune when there’s a load of red arrows telling you it’s ‘weaker’ than your current upgraded one?

Sure, you can train yourself to ignore or pay limited attention to it all, but the game is always prodding you and reminding you to engage with them. It’s all a bit half-baked, in particular the Destiny-like levelling. True, I’m quite a a loyal disciple of the Platinum school, so I’m not opposed to some upgrade options. But this goes too far into the realm of micro-managing, and diving into those convoluted menu pages and inventories.

I’m quite enjoying the game on the whole -
    the combat is still an impressive and engaging thing despite the number crunching - but it’s things like the emphasis on stats, items and crafting that get in the way a little too often for my liking. It doesn’t ruin things by any stretch, but yeah just not for me tbh.

It could have been explained better, the runes, etc, but I quickly realised that there is no one for all build, so i made a couple of different outfits, one for runic, one for strength, etc. Stuck mostly with the strength and vitality builds, as that's my playstyle (run in, f s up, run out). Now that i'm finished the game and cleaning up/exploring, i'm getting the Epic runes and talismans, and they are game changers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any insane post game bosses or is it just finding missing items?

Worth sailing around for the blue hanging "fruit"??? you come across, many give a +2 to a stat permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just completed it, fan ****ing tastic! That whole end battle was epic and the little cutscene when
    you go back home
    was juicy!

Slow start for me as I wished I was playing Yakuza 6 instead but this has been an utter joy to play through. Gonna trade it while I can still get good value but I feel Yakuza will feel a bit tame compared to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Question, I'm in the mountain and just fixed the claw lift, much further to go?
    I'm hoping so.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'm hoping so.

First time there? A few hours if I remember correctly.

Has anyone got the runic summon for Boy called Ratatöskr the Bitter Squirrel? He's amazing! Aside from what he can do, his comments are amazing!!
    Swing that axe of yours! Or is it limp like your dick?
    XD XD XD

Game just keeps getting better and better. I've just
    destroyed the hive and am making my way out of the temple
    . I'm finding myself wanting to do every puzzle, collect every collectible which I always consider filler and never really bother with. Slowly exploring the environment. The story has pulled me in and the visuals are just amazing. Really enjoying taking my time with it. Has anyone figured out how to view your play time as I haven't been able to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'm hoping so.

from looking at the wiki you would be just over a third the way through..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Any insane post game bosses or is it just finding missing items?

Haven't found any bosses as such in the post game, but there are the realm tears with high-level enemies, some areas with lots of enemies, and then the Valkyries/Ancients/Travellers knocking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I kinda hate the levelling and RPG systems in this. They detract from the immediacy of the combat, and the menu design is too busy and messy. At worst, they discourage experimentation: why equip a new rune when there’s a load of red arrows telling you it’s ‘weaker’ than your current upgraded one?

Sure, you can train yourself to ignore or pay limited attention to it all, but the game is always prodding you and reminding you to engage with them. It’s all a bit half-baked, in particular the Destiny-like levelling. True, I’m quite a a loyal disciple of the Platinum school, so I’m not opposed to some upgrade options. But this goes too far into the realm of micro-managing, and diving into those convoluted menu pages and inventories.

I’m quite enjoying the game on the whole -
    the combat is still an impressive and engaging thing despite the number crunching - but it’s things like the emphasis on stats, items and crafting that get in the way a little too often for my liking. It doesn’t ruin things by any stretch, but yeah just not for me tbh.

My main complaint on the upgrade system is that most armour you can buy, the stats always seem lower than whatever you have, but that's because it takes into account the enchantments you have on your current armour. You can't get a true comparison unless you remove all the enchantments and then compare them. Plus you can't equip new armour and swap the enchantments over. You have to remove the enchantments first, then equip the new armour, then reapply the enchantments.

It's definitely not a perfect system, but I think they could fix it easily enough. Horizon was the same at the start but they patched it a few times to make it all a lot easier and flow better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Penn wrote: »
    My main complaint on the upgrade system is that most armour you can buy, the stats always seem lower than whatever you have, but that's because it takes into account the enchantments you have on your current armour. You can't get a true comparison unless you remove all the enchantments and then compare them. Plus you can't equip new armour and swap the enchantments over. You have to remove the enchantments first, then equip the new armour, then reapply the enchantments.

It's definitely not a perfect system, but I think they could fix it easily enough. Horizon was the same at the start but they patched it a few times to make it all a lot easier and flow better.

In a good few cases you need to upgrade the armour before you can apply an enchantment.

You can also just change the armor without removing the enchantments, and on the new armour you can put them straight on. They will show as grey as they're still attached to your old armor.

Pretty sure I also sold the armor without removing them and they were automatically removed then.

I'm still just using the preorder armour :-/ I've just
    destroyed the Hive
    and I've still only found three apples and one blood mead horn. Am I behind where I should be?

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    destroyed the Hive
    and I've still only found three apples and one blood mead horn. Am I behind where I should be?

There's only 9 of each in total. You're about half way through, can't quite remember, but it's all down to your playstyle. I made sure to open each of those Nornir chests, as that's where you'll get them (the chests with the 3 runes). Some of them were really enjoyable to do!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

destroyed the Hive

**** I forgot I had pre order armour to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Mickeroo wrote: »
    **** I forgot I had pre order armour to use.

Isnt the preorder armour just 3 shields or something? That's all mine was anyway (regular edition)

There's only 9 of each in total. You're about half way through, can't quite remember, but it's all down to your playstyle. I made sure to open each of those Nornir chests, as that's where you'll get them (the chests with the 3 runes). Some of them were really enjoyable to do!

I do them wherever I see them but I cant open the chest with the weird red weak points ass wrapped in spikey vines.

jones wrote: »
    Isnt the preorder armour just 3 shields or something? That's all mine was anyway (regular edition)

Mine was a shield and a set of armor.

destroyed the Hive

I'm just at the same part. At this stage I have discovered
    6 apples, so two increases to health and 3 horns for one increase to rage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Mine was a shield and a set of armor.

Ok i better go back and check the box! i definitely only got three shields

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Couldn't tell you, Smyths text me a code the day before i got the game and I never redeemed it. Probably won't bother now.

Ok i better go back and check the box! i definitely only got three shields

I got the limited edition box with the art book if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement

I do them wherever I see them but I cant open the chest with the weird red weak points ass wrapped in spikey vines.

You'll get to a certain stage in the game where you can remove them.

Advertisement