Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Been playing through this game, I am loving it. I enjoyed the series so far, but this has been my favourite one of the lot. Looks beautiful, fun gameplay, and I'm really digging the story. Nice to have Kratos get a bit more to him than mindless rage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Kratos throws axe.
    Atreus runs to get it. Just as he's there.
    "Boy"
    Atreus turns around and sees the Kratos ascending to Valhalla.
    *epic orchestral music starts playing*
    Atreus is now left with the decision - follow his father's footsteps or become his own man.
    *Hand reaches out to axe*
    Cuts the credits.

This the way I want it to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just finished upgrading boys skill tree and it now seems he is doing more damage than me. Not only that but it's pretty much free damage by spamming square and his shots regenerate so quick. Although I am using the travellers set which i think is geared more towards defensive stats.

Focusing on boy could be a cheesy way to beating hard mode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Trying to avoid this thread but just need a little bit of advice. Im playing on the gimme a challenge difficulty.

Its been fine so far just progressing slowly which i dont mind, i havent come across any enemies that ive thought i couldnt beat with a bit of perseverance.
    Until now. Ive just started exploring the lake and am finding the combo of the nightmares rejuvenating the heavy enemies coupled with the sheer numbers of enemies really difficult to deal with.
    Has anyone else thought that the difficulty has spiked in these areas? Is it necessary to lvl up before attempting the side quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm playing on normal and encountered an enemy on a side quest that was consistently murdering me. Just the one guy and a couple of minions. Just said nope, I'll come back for you later. He was a good few levels higher than me but not impossible (I imagine).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Once you figure out the Valkyries weakness they become a lot more trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

weiland79 wrote: »
    Trying to avoid this thread but just need a little bit of advice. Im playing on the gimme a challenge difficulty.

Its been fine so far just progressing slowly which i dont mind, i havent come across any enemies that ive thought i couldnt beat with a bit of perseverance.
    Until now. Ive just started exploring the lake and am finding the combo of the nightmares rejuvenating the heavy enemies coupled with the sheer numbers of enemies really difficult to deal with.
    Has anyone else thought that the difficulty has spiked in these areas? Is it necessary to lvl up before attempting the side quests.

Have you got any of the Crowd Control L1 + R1/R2 skills? They can be handy with dispersing groups. Learning to parry and counter is crucial also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Shower thought: there's plenty in Irish myth and legend to make a GoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

He'd never hear Fionn mac Cumhaill come up behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Kratos going around skullin lads with a Hurley..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

fixxxer wrote: »
    Have you got any of the Crowd Control L1 + R1/R2 skills? They can be handy with dispersing groups. Learning to parry and counter is crucial also.

Yeah have a few of them and parry and counter are no problem.
    I'm in the area where you are looking for broks pal and theres a gate between me and the soul eater dude. When i turn around from the gate and re enter the main area that i'm having difficulty. I'm level 2 at the moment

weiland79 wrote: »

Once you get to the lake the game opens up abit and you can encounter enemies that are up to 5 levels higher than you. It is possible to beat them at lower levels but you have to be flawless as most times they can one shot you. Simply come back later...

As someone else mentioned above crowd control abilities are good, but if the enemy is to high a level above you are are vastly less effective and on some don't work at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just an FYI, i'm finished the game, cleaning up, level 6.5, and I still get my behind handed to me at times, particularly by revenants. There's one section I'm going back through, with 2 Revenants who spawn poison nightmares, and it took me about 14 gos to beat them. Some enemies are just a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Vicxas wrote: »
    Once you figure out the Valkyries weakness they become a lot more trivial
    Teach me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Just an FYI, i'm finished the game, cleaning up, level 6.5, and I still get my behind handed to me at times, particularly by revenants. There's one section I'm going back through, with 2 Revenants who spawn poison nightmares, and it took me about 14 gos to beat them. Some enemies are just a pain!

Revenants are a pain in the arse, particularly when they spawn in when there's draugrs as well. There has to be an easier way to get rid of them. Only thing that works (so far) is arrows. Throw the axe and they move and you can't engage in close combat with them. Favourite Boss fight for me so far was the
    dark elf in the light of alfheim
    quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Revenants are a pain in the arse, particularly when they spawn in when there's draugrs as well. There has to be an easier way to get rid of them. Only thing that works (so far) is arrows. Throw the axe and they move and you can't engage in close combat with them. Favourite Boss fight for me so far was the
    quest.

You definitely have to use the arrows against the Revenants. Once they're hit with an arrow you can get 4-5 hits on them, then they'll either disappear and reappear somewhere else, or they'll go incorporeal again and you won't be able to hit them. Only way to be able to hit them is to have Boy hit them with an arrow first.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

quest.

Ive been using the light arrows and when they are stunned,throw the axe,usually 3 or 4 of them and they are dead..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

FOR THE LOVE OF JAYSUS.....FOOKIN MIST ECHOES!!!!

RANT OVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I finished the main quest and am clearing up the side stuff now. I put the the difficulty down to easy for the mist echoes and trials because it'd just be a grind otherwise.

I came across a random dark elf in a side quest that made me put it down to easy as well even though I fought about 50 of them without bother throughout the game :pac: I'm definitely not the dark souls type because if I could carry 15 resurrection stones I happily would.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    FOR THE LOVE OF JAYSUS.....FOOKIN MIST ECHOES!!!!

RANT OVER.

Yes! Niflheim can suck a giant choad!! Managed to get the required amount but died before I could get back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just a quick question for those who've finished the main story; Can you go back and faff around after or do you need to start another playthrough to get what you've missed? Or is there a New Game+ option?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Just a quick question for those who've finished the main story; Can you go back and faff around after or do you need to start another playthrough to get what you've missed? Or is there a New Game+ option?

No NG+, you can go anywhere you want after the main story to finish up everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No NG+, you can go anywhere you want after the main story to finish up everything else.

Was going to say that type of scenario doesn't appeal to me and then thought I've literally put thousands of hours into the likes of Destiny, Borderlands and the Division in similar situations but I guess this is different as it's not really a looter.
    I know I finished a Tomb Raider game this year and had no interest in getting the remaining challenges done, same with Far Cry 5.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was going to say that type of scenario doesn't appeal to me and then thought I've literally put thousands of hours into the likes of Destiny, Borderlands and the Division in similar situations but I guess this is different as it's not really a looter.
    I know I finished a Tomb Raider game this year and had no interest in getting the remaining challenges done, same with Far Cry 5.

I'm usually the same, but even the collecting in this has nice challenges and some lovely chats between the 3 of them.

Just did the events leading up to Helheim. I ****ing love it! Was getting goosebumps, punching the air and high fiving my dogs.

Anyone who has finished it, when do I get travel to all doors? I'm doing a ton of exploring and fighting and killing things above my level as I enjoy the challenge but constantly having to travel back to Broks is a pain as the conversations for the moment seem to have run dry

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Absolutely hating those dark elves,only because they constantly broke my camera lock!coming from final fantasy 15 which had a horrendous camera I was nearly in tears lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I finished the main quest and am clearing up the side stuff now. I put the the difficulty down to easy for the mist echoes and trials because it'd just be a grind otherwise.

I came across a random dark elf in a side quest that made me put it down to easy as well even though I fought about 50 of them without bother throughout the game :pac: I'm definitely not the dark souls type because if I could carry 15 resurrection stones I happily would.

That the one you find that's a bit like the last dude in Alfheim?
    He was an absolute pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Finished the story and 100% eveything, WOW, Masterpiece in every department. Right up there with bloodborne for best games on ps4 imo. Just wish there was a new game+.

Finished the story and 100% eveything, WOW, Masterpiece in every department. Right up there with bloodborne for best games on ps4 imo. Just wish there was a new game+.

Time to do it again on hardest then?

• Advertisement

Anyone who has finished it, when do I get travel to all doors? I'm doing a ton of exploring and fighting and killing things above my level as I enjoy the challenge but constantly having to travel back to Broks is a pain as the conversations for the moment seem to have run dry

It's somewhere near the end if I remember correctly. It happens as part of the main story, and then you're free to use it.

Advertisement