Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

Is it worth collecting the mist echos for the realm tears and chests? I was bored by the time I had enough for the armor so left.

EDIT: FFS theres a trophy tied to this

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

It’s not often I’m at work thinking about a game but this one is always at the back of my mind. It’s an absolute beast. Also the humour in the game has made me grin multiple times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That the one you find that's a bit like the last dude in Alfheim?
    He was an absolute pain in the hole

I'm not sure. He was in front of one of the dragon shrines and he'd always have an attack that would one hit kill me that I'd always miss time the dodge.

I finished the trials and mist echo stuff so I just have some realm tears, valkyries and then collectibles for 100%. I must be close to 50 hours in and there's still new boat stories which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Time to do it again on hardest then?
    Yeah why not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

How does the game perform on a standard PS4?

I've heard people saying there are frame drops on the Pro so I'm wondering if it's much worse on the standard. I've no plans to upgrade my PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've heard people saying there are frame drops on the Pro so I'm wondering if it's much worse on the standard. I've no plans to upgrade my PS4.

I have the slim and I've noticed maybe only one or two instances. It's very smooth for the most part,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I've a slim too and haven't noticed any frame drops. Tho tbh it would need to be bad for me to notice it. Just going through the
    mountain
    now. Really is a joy to play. Never really into the earlier ones so wasn't gonna bother with it.

Jaysus the
    second dragon fight
    is hard. Or is it just second stage of first one? Easy in theory but finding it hard to put into practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I have the slim and I've noticed maybe only one or two instances. It's very smooth for the most part,.

Great thanks.
    I wasn't planning on getting it because I didn't really like the old games. But the reviews of it have been great. Even Worth a buy on youtube likes it and he doesn't like anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Perfect for me but I only have a 1080p TV. You notice the rare frame rate drop but that's about it. The game looks spectacular.

• Advertisement

Yeah if it matters I've only a 1080p telly as well. Got past that last bit. Epic is all I can say. Truly amazing boss.

Another day another patch, 1.17 has fixes to address some HDR issues introduced yesterday.

Another day another patch, 1.17 has fixes to address some HDR issues introduced yesterday.

In fairness to them, when a patch introduces a new problem they're very quick developing a patch to fix it. Apart from the letterbox problem a few patches ago I haven't noticed any other problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There's a feckin Valkyrie in Niflheim!!! WTF!!! I'm tempted to drop the difficulty just for this place...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Yeah if it matters I've only a 1080p telly as well. Got past that last bit. Epic is all I can say. Truly amazing boss.

Hi, Doctor Nick!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just a heads up for anyone finished it, I traded mine in today to GS, got 20% extra credit with their current in store offer. 45 credit plus 20% plus whatever your card level bonus is. I got 56 credit for it, bought it off them for 40 previously so fairly good offer!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone finished it, I traded mine in today to GS, got 20% extra credit with their current in store offer. 45 credit plus 20% plus whatever your card level bonus is. I got 56 credit for it, bought it off them for 40 previously so fairly good offer!

Hmmm, must plough through to get the Plat and trade it in then. That's a great bargain, as like yourself, it only cost me €40.

On to collectibles now, to save people pulling their hair out over ravens as was what happened to me. I hovered over the different area markers and all were showing 100% . The one for Landsuther Mines shows as river pass. Mover the cursor down a bit. Spent half an hour going around the map trying to figure out where the 2 I was missing were.

Maybe I missed this but was it explained how the
    mother actually died
    ???? I was a little distracted when I started the game.

Maybe I missed this but was it explained how the
    mother actually died
    ???? I was a little distracted when I started the game.

They didn't say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Great game....didn't want it to end tbh.Loved the banter with the dwarfs and between Kratos and Atreus. Was funny listening to Kratos trying not be a cranky ar$e :)

Have restarted on hard and eh ... well its genuinely hard :pac:
    Might concentrate more on the armour/crafting side of things this play through.

I'm not an achievement hunter so not bothered with that side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just finished it last night. Fantastic game

However, i beat all of the Valkyries before i finished it and you were meant to beat them after the main quest line. Oh no not me tho.

For anyone struggling
    Axe throws will stun them when they're in the air (with the exception of the move where she tries to pick you up) allowing you to run in and bash them. Also stops some of their specials like that blinding light one of them does.

Also, Sigrun the queen is a fcuking nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Do you need to play the other games before to follow this

jap gt wrote: »

No. I didn't like the earlier ones so didn't play much of them. If you really want to know the story of the earlier ones watch a YouTube summary.

This is just a fantastic game. I sat up till early morning playing it which I rarely do and I find myself rushing home to play when I'm out. I don't want it to end. I'm doing as many side missions as possible so I don't advance the story too much.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No. I didn't like the earlier ones so didn't play much of them. If you really want to know the story of the earlier ones watch a YouTube summary.

This is just a fantastic game. I sat up till early morning playing it which I rarely do and I find myself rushing home to play I'd I'm out. I don't want it to end. I'm doing as many side missions as possible so I don't advance the story too much.

Yeah I watched a story so far thing on YouTube, and while I'm sure the earlier games had their merits I have no desire to ever play them now after seeing that :pac: This seems like it's on another level altogether.

jap gt wrote:

Nope. But it helps. But not necessary

Got platinum. That Sigrun fight was a bastard. Rattling after it on attempt number 12 I think it was. Even with the best gear in the game and low difficulty it was tough I thought. In the end being aggressive won the fight.

Loved the game but Nilfheim was rubbish and an unnecessary grind.

Just wonder though will there be DLC
    theres a few realms that were blocked off

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got platinum. That Sigrun fight was a bastard. Rattling after it on attempt number 12 I think it was. Even with the best gear in the game and low difficulty it was tough I thought. In the end being aggressive won the fight.

Nifelheim was such a drag for very klittle reward other than getting the stuff to help you survive the Valkyrie fight

• Completed it last night

Best game of the year? Easily :)

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Nifelheim was such a drag for very klittle reward other than getting the stuff to help you survive the Valkyrie fight

Are ye on about Muspelheim or Nilfheim? I'm on the
    Valkyrie fight
    in Muspelheim and the area was the only part of the game so far I would say I didn't like. Just a pointless grind, disappointing to hear Nilfheim is the same sort of crap.

Advertisement