Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

A lot of the sidequests have you fighting really really high level enemies and grinding out resources that will sour you a bit on it tbh. Post-game is the best spot imo for that.
    You aren't really that near the end

Thanks, glad to hear it! This is the best game I've ever played. It's pretty much perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Curious what kind of game you would be playing as alot of games these days has the same kind of progression elements, whether it be through items or character levels.

I'm pretty sure im near the end of the game on the second hardest difficulty and i spent very little time at the blacksmith crafting/upgrading. Most of the time i visited him was for the conversations. I never felt i NEEDED to visit him because i felt underpowered. I went for long period of the game with low level gear and it felt fine.

Loved the previous GoW games, Last of Us, Batman series, Uncharted, GTA, Far Cry. Plenty more. I’d be more of a casual gamer, especially with a young kid, it’s not so easy to sit down and throw a few hours into something anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Perfect game. I loved the previous installments but this blows them away.
    I was disappointed I didn't get to see Thor or Odin but after watching the secret ending I'm assuming we'll see them in later installments

The Norse mythology is perfect, I loved the Greek setting but this is even better, sets it up beautifully for the future.

Perfect game. I loved the previous installments but this blows them away.
    I was disappointed I didn't get to see Thor or Odin but after watching the secret ending I'm assuming we'll see them in later installments

The Norse mythology is perfect, I loved the Greek setting but this is even better, sets it up beautifully for the future.

Didn't know about what you spoilered there, I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So only the Valkyrie in Niflheim and the follow up, 9 ravens and a few artifacts to collect, the 5 levels of Muspelheim to do again, and I'm done! And I'm still not bored with the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Fought my first 2 Valkyries last night. What great fun!!! Can't wait to do more.

My friend who beat the game told me not to even bother but I beat the first one at level 4 after I got the chisel. Well pleased with myself.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some of the Valkyries are a piece of piss, the others....not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

First Valkyrie I did was tough but doable. Tried one this morning, expecting more of the same. Proceeded to get slaughtered by
    different moveset and loads of draugrs.
    Eh. Maybe I'll come back later. So happy that option is there and you aren't committed to the fight after dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So only the Valkyrie in Niflheim and the follow up, 9 ravens and a few artifacts to collect, the 5 levels of Muspelheim to do again, and I'm done! And I'm still not bored with the game!

Regarding Muspelheim,
    You don't actually have to do all 5 levels again. I was advised that 1 and 4 are incredibly hard. You can do 2, 3 and 5 (which are still difficult, but not incredibly hard), then do the top level where the Valkyrie was.

Might give that a go, but i'm concentrating on everything else first and then I'll head back to it. I'm intent on the Platinum before the weekend without lowering the difficulty, which will make Niflheim fun... I saw someone mention they were getting about 6000 per run. How? Most I've managed is 1800!

• Advertisement

• Finally got around to getting stuck into it. I am enjoying it but the upgrading, collecting and crafting elements are taking away from it for me. I’ve zero interest in that stuff in a game.
    I didn’t think it would be as pronounced as it is.

I wouldn't say any of the side stuff is a necessity. If you stick with the yellow marker you can progress this as linear as possible.

Might give that a go, but i'm concentrating on everything else first and then I'll head back to it. I'm intent on the Platinum before the weekend without lowering the difficulty, which will make Niflheim fun... I saw someone mention they were getting about 6000 per run. How? Most I've managed is 1800!

Every chest matters, as the more chests you open, the more echoes you'll get from later chests. So try open the smaller chests in each area first, then the larger ones. Also try go down each trap and get the chests in there too. Go into at least one of the side areas (like the one where you fought the Valkyrie).

Think of the map like a baseball diamond. You start at home base. There are side areas off the small non-enemy areas between 1st/2nd base, and 2nd/3rd base. You should try hit at least one on each lap. Make sure you get the Nornin chest too. There'll always be one either between 4th/3rd or 4th/1st, bells you have to hit will always be up high in the area. You'll do better if you get it on your way back out, but get it whenever you find it anyway.

Sometimes there'll be another Nornin chest right at the start (as you come down from Sindri's shop) in the first area with three runes on it. Remember the runes, and the things you have to turn to show those runes will be in each of the 3 fight bases. If you follow the rest of the advice, you can even get about 8,000 on those runs.

Penn wrote: »
    Regarding Muspelheim,
    You don't actually have to do all 5 levels again. I was advised that 1 and 4 are incredibly hard. You can do 2, 3 and 5 (which are still difficult, but not incredibly hard), then do the top level where the Valkyrie was.

Yeah took one look at 1 second time around and moved on didn't even attempt it , and it's only 1 round the second time out too. So much quicker. They give you way more than you need time wise for the final challenge too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is it possible to platinum this without an online guide?

The game itself can be enjoyed as there is nothing you can miss trophy wise. No difficulty trophies etc. after that you'll likely need a guide to save time mopping up collectibles.

Possible? Yes. But it'd be a huge hassle. The ravens and artifacts especially. Some of the ravens are very hard to see due to where they're located, and even with the guide it's hard to know which artifact you're missing, so you end up having to go through everywhere again. I even had to go through the River Pass twice looking for them because I presumed I'd gotten some of them already, but the online guide wasn't specific enough and I hadn't actually gotten three of them.

It can definitely be done, but it'd be a world of pain imo.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I bought a PS4 just to play this, I'm about an hour into it (
    haven't even reached the top of this mountain thing
    ) and this game is seriously good already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

awec wrote: »
    I bought a PS4 just to play this

Now that's dedication :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

I'm determined to get the platinum on give me a challenge difficulty but I've had to use guides for some of the ravens and even then they are very hard to see. This is by far the longest it's taken me to platinum a GoW game I did either Chains of Olympus or Ghost of Sparta (can't remember which) over 2 days.

Finished up Niflheim it turned out I had more than enough resources to sell for the 32,000 mist echoes I needed and already had 3 anchors so I didn't have to go around again.

6 Valkryies down, I went back to the first one that I could hardly hit at the time and finished her off in one go, now at level 8 with Epic armour and full health bar makes a big difference. The difficulty of the Valkryies does vary.

IGN had an article the other day about future games, they have ideas for 5 more games although it was later clarified that they aren't planning to do 5 more. 2 is given at least. They should turn them around quicker now the new engine is built.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2018/04/30/god-of-war-director-has-plans-for-five-more-games?abthid=5ae7af005b17b74d0c0008a5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Not sure if this is a but because I haven't patched it but does anyone know if they got the entry stone for northri gorge for the family business favour from the quest giver or if they had to pick it up elsewhere?

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a but because I haven't patched it but does anyone know if they got the entry stone for northri gorge for the family business favour from the quest giver or if they had to pick it up elsewhere?

Set the compass marker to your destination and follow it from the entrance, back into the boat and around the corner to a different area in order to get around the door, iirc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought Sindri or Brok gave you that stone. It's one of the big dwarven doors isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Ya it is one of the. If dwarves doors iv tried to go around corners and cant find any other way in iv even tried googling it and people seem to be just saying to use the stone

I also seem to have an exclamation mark in the undiscovered section with a vendor but have nothing in there

Is there a blue sidequest marker in it? What's the objective it says on it?

nerd69 wrote: »
    Ya it is one of the. If dwarves doors iv tried to go around corners and cant find any other way in iv even tried googling it and people seem to be just saying to use the stone

I also seem to have an exclamation mark in the undiscovered section with a vendor but have nothing in there

This article tells you how to get past it, it's a walkthrough for the Family Business favour:

http://www.powerpyx.com/god-of-war-family-business-favour-walkthrough/

Check out the second/third part called 'Head to the Northri Stronghold'

Some sites reporting this sold 3.1 million copies in 3 days.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I wouldn't say any of the side stuff is a necessity. If you stick with the yellow marker you can progress this as linear as possible.

Yeah I realised that after a while. From reading here, I thought you had to craft and upgrade the sh*t out of everything or you would be battered by more powerful opponents.

Took me a while to feel the love for this game but the enjoyment really ramped up for me since my last post.
    I’m at the part where
    You take the head off the Scottish lad in the tree
    Any idea how far in that is?

Yeah I realised that after a while. From reading here, I thought you had to craft and upgrade the sh*t out of everything or you would be battered by more powerful opponents.

Took me a while to feel the love for this game but the enjoyment really ramped up for me since my last post.
    I’m at the part where
    You take the head off the Scottish lad in the tree
    Any idea how far in that is?

You're not even half way yet really.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You're not even half way yet really.

That’s what I wanted to hear :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The game itself can be enjoyed as there is nothing you can miss trophy wise. No difficulty trophies etc. after that you'll likely need a guide to save time mopping up collectibles.

For Fire and Brimstone
    Complete all of the Trials of Muspelheim you have to complete it on normal, hard and impossible?

Advertisement