Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

New stuff eh? I like new stuff. Might have to pick this up again!

I doubt it's truly "cheap" to pick up anywhere yet! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I doubt it's truly "cheap" to pick up anywhere yet! :(

And won't be until closer to the second game coming out, which is when I'll pick it up again! I platinumed it, so don't really have anything left to do, so closer to the release of the second one will be fine at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

And won't be until closer to the second game coming out, which is when I'll pick it up again! I platinumed it, so don't really have anything left to do, so closer to the release of the second one will be fine at this stage!

I finished the game, and sold it to CEX.
    But on sale, it's still more than CEX gave me for it, so I'll wait the while longer myself :D

I did the same. GameStop were running a offer where you got GoW for €20 when trading in a specific game. Got Just Cause 3 on the Xbone for €17 IIRC, and traded it in for €45 cash at CEX then, profit! Not to mention the absolute enjoyment I got for a game that technically paid me €8 to Platinum it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its on the Summer Sale on PSN. Dont know how much it is as I bought it full price days before the discount.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The fight
    with the two brothers
    was epic!

• New Game+ patch is live!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Gah! Just got a load of games on the backburner to play and they bring out NG+ for this. Would love to dive into this again but there's so many other games I have in my backlog I just need to get through first, then Spider Man is due out, alongside Red Dead Redemption 2.

Broketober is upon us

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Bought this at weekend as it was on sale and I finished it last night. Some game!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Buddy finished GoW the other day so going to pick it up off him, how long we talking to complete it?

I'm just looking for something to tide me over until Red Dead 2 drops really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Buddy finished GoW the other day so going to pick it up off him, how long we talking to complete it?

I'm just looking for something to tide me over until Red Dead 2 drops really.

Probably 25 hours or so, depending on how deep into side stuff you go. If you really pushed through just with the story you could get it done quicker, maybe 20 hours.

Full completion of everything (Platinum trophy), you're talking 40+ hours.

Penn wrote: »
    Probably 25 hours or so, depending on how deep into side stuff you go. If you really pushed through just with the story you could get it done quicker, maybe 20 hours.

Full completion of everything (Platinum trophy), you're talking 40+ hours.

I do usually make a play for platinum trophies if theres not much online stuff involved so if i enjoy it, I might go for the plat, doesnt seem too taxing and anyone I've asked thats played it, has enjoyed it immensely.

I do usually make a play for platinum trophies if theres not much online stuff involved so if i enjoy it, I might go for the plat, doesnt seem too taxing and anyone I've asked thats played it, has enjoyed it immensely.

Yeah the plat isn't too hard to get. Only troublesome bit I found was the ravens you have to kill. Finding them can be a pain in the hole, even with an online guide. But the game was so damn enjoyable that it didn't bother me much. Always enemies popping up to fight and keep you on your toes throughout.

Just a quick update, turned it on the other night let it do the update throughout the night witht he PS4 in rest mode, went to play it yesterday, game never updated so a new download was needed.

So finally got around to it late last night and enjoyed the first hour or so, just beat the "stranger" so I'm off on my way, looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Totes not jelly... As I believe the kids these days say. Another game on the 'wish I could play it for the first time again' pile! Enjoy!!

Finished it at the weekend and loved it from start to finish.

With no difficulty or NG+ trophies attached to this, I might plow on go for the platinum, I think I've about 60% of the current trophies left to complete and I've not really out much time into the other realms outside of main quests so it wont really be a chore.

I'm already looking forward to the next installment to see if
    Thor or Odin
    make an appearance and how the relationship, if any, continues with Freya after
    you've killed Baldur

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished it at the weekend and loved it from start to finish.

With no difficulty or NG+ trophies attached to this, I might plow on go for the platinum, I think I've about 60% of the current trophies left to complete and I've not really out much time into the other realms outside of main quests so it wont really be a chore.

I'm already looking forward to the next installment to see if
    Thor or Odin
    make an appearance and how the relationship, if any, continues with Freya after
    you've killed Baldur

Worth going back to the gaff for a nap if you haven't done that yet.....just saying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Worth going back to the gaff for a nap if you haven't done that yet.....just saying....

Finished this months ago and didn't do this. Must fire it up again.

Did they ever add NG+?

Finished this months ago and didn't do this. Must fire it up again.

Did they ever add NG+?

Yeah. Enemies scale to your level, you can craft more powerful armour, and you have all your weapons and skills from your previous play. Haven't played it myself but might try sometime next year (though I've been saying the same about Horizon ZD and still haven't gotten to play through it again).

Mickeroo wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

• Mickeroo wrote: »

I've not done this either when I completed it. Although I don't have the game anymore.
    I think YouTube is the answer here.

I've not done this either when I completed it. Although I don't have the game anymore.
    I think YouTube is the answer here.

I think Brok and or Sindri mention it to you when you get back to Midgard but no quest marker appears or anything so I can see why people miss it.

I wouldnt have went back if it wasnt for Mickeroo saying it but there was a hidden chamber by the house so I'd have gone back there to complete it but unlikely to go into the house.

Completed the trails at Muspelheim last night, had the most problem with the last "impossible" one, killing 50 + enemies in 8 minutes.

Got to 48 on my first try and 51 the 2nd time around.

I'm going to go for the platinum and it seems pretty easy except for the trophies linked to Niflheim which sound like a right PITA.

Completed the trails at Muspelheim last night, had the most problem with the last "impossible" one, killing 50 + enemies in 8 minutes.

I'm going to go for the platinum and it seems pretty easy except for the trophies linked to Niflheim which sound like a right PITA.

Niflheim isn't too hard once you get into a good pattern. Spam your runic attacks for one weapon, then the other. Should take out most of the biggest enemies quick enough and your runic attacks should regen by the next area (pick ones with lower regen times and focused on heavy damage), and same with Atreus' attacks. Get as many chests as you can, especially the Norn chests (always one either in the second area or fourth). Open smaller chests in each area first, then bigger ones (as the echoes you get from them increases by a multiplier with each chest you open, so you'll get better multipliers for bigger chests). Check for chests in the passageways between areas. And always do one of the side areas (eg. if you think of the four main areas as 1, 2, 3 and 4, with 1 being the very first area, there are side areas (a Valkyrie was originally in one) between 2 & 3, and 3 & 4. Also sometimes a Norn chest in the very first area, you're more likely to notice it on the way back out than the way in, so grab it if you can.

And buy mist armour as soon as possible. Will reduce the damage you take from the fog and it's pretty good armour anyway. It's worth buying as it'll help you with more runs.

It's tricky, but once you get into a proper rhythm with it you can easily knock out 5-8k in each run, and just keep going round in a loop, exiting to bank your echoes, then going back in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Have it downloaded and ready to fire for the long weekend :D
    Dont really have time right now for anything more than a few hours of fifa

Well I was wrong with that.

Took me about 30+ goes to kill Signur and make the platinum pop.

After a bit of trail and error and realising that going in all guns blazing all the time was a bad call, I finally started to do real damage and got over the line for it last night.

I still needed the help of a Spartan Rage resurrection stone but delighted its done.

Its an excellent game and I'm already looking forward to seeing what they do with the next installments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Just finished the main story today. Wow, so the hype was well deserved after all. I admittedly had my doubts even after hearing the glowing reviews.

I thought I was becoming a bit jaded with the medium after dismissing the game as simply another third person bore fest like Horizon Zero Dawn.

It turns out I have just been playing some fairly average games in comparison! Amazing from start to finish. I need to pick up the artbook now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Picked this up on sale in Argos and played a couple of hours last night before I managed to drag myself away. My goodness it is amazing. The combat feels nice and chunky (in a good way), it looks stunning and the fight with the stranger had me grinning maniacally by the end of it. Outstanding stuff.

• Advertisement

He was me thinking the thread was updated with some new GoW news! Instead, I'm left feeling jealous as you're getting to experience it for the first time! Still hands down GOTY winner for me, I loved every second of it. Thought RDR2 may have taken the title, but GoW takes it for being less bloaty, not that RDR2 is bad, it's not, it's amazing, but GoW is still better imo.

Food for thought if you're going for the Platinum (relatively easy Plat in fairness), keep a passing eye out for the green ravens and kill them as you go. Will make cleanup quicker.

Advertisement