Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hope the PS4 keeps this quality up with Days Gone, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima.
    Could be a serious catalog of exclusives!

https://gfycat.com/WanThirstyCranefly

• Best Gif Ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is the GS trade one game, get gow for 20 deal over? Can't find any info on it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is the GS trade one game, get gow for 20 deal over? Can't find any info on it anymore.

Still showing on the website. Click on the GoW stuff in the background and it will bring you to the list. Just ordered Just Cause 3 from Argos, collect it, €20, trade it into GameStop, €20, new game for €40! Noice!

Doesn't show up on the mobile site, got the list through the Twitter link.

7 DAYS TO DIE
    AKIBA'S BEAT
    AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2
    ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED
    ASSASSIN'S CREED EZIO COLLECTION
    ATELIER LYDIE & SUELLE: AMTP
    ATTACK ON TITAN 2
    CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III
    CALL OF DUTY: MW REMASTERED
    CARS 3 DRIVEN
    DANGANRONPA V3
    DARK ROSE VALKYRIE
    DEMON GAZE II
    DRAGONBALL FIGHTER Z
    DYING LIGHT ENHANCED EDITION
    DYNASTY WARRIORS 9
    ELEX
    EXTINCTION
    F1 17
    FAIRY FENCER F ADVENT DARK FORCE
    FAR CRY 5
    FARMING SIMULATOR 17
    FRIDAY THE 13TH GAME
    GOD OF WAR
    GOD WARS FUTURE PAST
    GRAVEL
    GUILTY GEAR XRD REV 2
    HACK//G.U. LAST RECODE
    HUNTER CALL OF THE WILD
    JUST CAUSE 3
    JUST CAUSE 3 GOLD EDITION
    KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 + 2.5 REMIX
    LEGO MARVEL SUPERHERO 2
    LEGO NINJAGO
    MONSTER ENERGY SUPERCROSS
    MONSTER HUNTER WORLD
    MOTO GP 17
    NHL 18
    NI NO KUNI 2
    NIER AUTOMATA
    PERSONA 5
    PRO EV SOCCER 18
    RAILWAY EMPIRE
    SEVEN DEADLY SINS: KNIGHTS OF B
    SIMS 4
    SKYRIM SPECIAL HD
    SKYRIM VR
    SNIPER ELITE 4
    SWORD ART FATAL BULLET
    TEKKEN 7
    THE BINDING OF ISAAC AFTERBIRTH
    TT ISLE OF MAN RIDE ON THE EDGE
    UFC 3
    WRC 7
    YAKUZA 6 ESSENCE OF ART
    YS 8 LACRIMOSA OF DANA
    ZOMBIE ARMY TRILOGY

• Advertisement

Still showing on the website. Click on the GoW stuff in the background and it will bring you to the list. Just ordered Just Cause 3 from Argos, collect it, €20, trade it into GameStop, €20, new game for €40! Noice!

Only thing I'd be worried about is if they changed the list by the time JC3 comes into stock (Thursday for me). List is definitely shorter since last time I saw it.

Edit: my local Argos had one copy of JC3 left on Xbox, reserved, will be picking it up today and preordering with GS straight after. I got 40 cash for Far cry 5 so it will work out as as a straight swap FC 5 for GOW, not too bad. Worth the bit of work involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You can use Xbox One games as well so maybe that version will be in stock. Though if the offer expires you're stuck with that version.
    Also Smyths has Just Cause 3 for €24.99 if stuck.

And good to know you can trade God of War for God of War

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You can use Xbox One games as well so maybe that version will be in stock. Though if the offer expires you're stuck with that version.
    Also Smyths has Just Cause 3 for €24.99 if stuck.

And good to know you can trade God of War for God of War

Good call sir! I had JC3 pre-ordered in the Crescent in Limerick as it was the only one with them in stock. That meant I had to wait until tomorrow as i'm working, and with the possibility of the list changing, I checked the one in Cruises Street for the Xbone version, and they have 1! So reserved that, can get it on my lunch and trade in! Plus side, i've more or less accidentally spent all my money for the next 2 weeks, so at least if I pre-purchase it now, I can have it even if i'm broke.

Edit: And job done. GoW purchased for €39.98. Thank you GameStop, CEX and Argos!

Just cause 3 Xbox traded in. Was 7.80 trade credit but with the god of war preorder, became 50 euro credit, some deal! The lads in GS said the list will update every couple of days so ye order a game on Argos, check the GS list before picking it up in case it has been taken off.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers

Thanks to the lads who gave the heads up on the deal and the JC bargain.

I don't think I've traded into Gamestop before, what do you need to give, personal details wise? And did you even take the plastic off Just Cause before trading it?
    Actually I have a GS card so I should be okay

• Advertisement

Yeah, remove the plastic and use your card. Nothing else needed even if you didn't have a card, just your John Hancock.

Think I'll just wait for a price drop. Plenty to keep me going anyway until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Might have to give it a go, never played a GoW before:

c5jnbwbaytr01.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm happy I pre-ordered it, I'd never have survived the hype

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Think I'll just wait for a price drop. Plenty to keep me going anyway until then.

Feel the same bro, want it, looks amazing. But ive about twenty games that fit that bracket that i need to finish first :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Thargor wrote: »
    Might have to give it a go, never played a GoW before:

c5jnbwbaytr01.png

Same here. This game wasn’t on my radar at all tbh given the backlog I have. Since it’s a reboot does not seem necessary to have played the orginal trilogy.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Considering buying a Ps4 just to play this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Redo91 wrote: »
    . Since it’s a reboot does not seem necessary to have played the orginal trilogy.

I don't think it's a reboot as such.
    A reboot as far as I'm aware means that you discard the original lore or story and start over.
    This does neither. I think they are calling it God of War again though as it takes a big step away from the style of the first 3 and it's been a while since they were released.
    It's canon, and continues on in the future after the first 3.
    However, given that the first 3 were set in a different 'world' with different gods so to speak, I don't think it's necessary either to have played the first 3 to enjoy this .
    awec wrote: »
    Considering buying a Ps4 just to play this. :pac:

Wouldn't be a bad thing given the PS4s price and the other exclusives incl
    -Shadow of the Collosus
    -Bloodborne
    -Uncharted
    -The Last of Us
    -Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Death Stranding (not released yet)
    -Spiderman (not released yet)
    -Last of Us p2 (not released yet)
    -Yakuza series

and they are just the exclusives. There are lots more if you don't own a PC or Xbox that are worth getting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

God of War story so far for those who haven’t played them.

Kratos angry!
    Kratos smash!

Multiply by three plus spin-offs.

It's not a reboot and everything that happened before still happened. I haven't read any reviews or anything to see how he ended up where he is. But I'd say calling it God of War is just to give it kind of a fresh start. Calling it God of War 4 would have the effect of some people being reluctant to buy it due to not having played the previous 3. I know I'm one of those that likes to play games in order. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm sure there'll probably be some references to previous games, but given the time jump in the story and a brand new setting, as well as huge changes to the gameplay and combat system, it seems designed to act as a new jumping-on point for the franchise. The start of a new story arc. Zero-to-minimal knowledge of the previous games would be needed.

A story recap video on YouTube would have you caught up within 10 minutes, as like others have said, the story was never really that deep to begin with in the previous games (though that being said, I actually really enjoyed the story in previous games, as I liked the use of Greek Mythology, which I'd learned a lot about from Xena :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bought GOD3:Remastered in gamestop new for 20, what a game. Never played any of the others but its such a great game and looks stunning, well worth the money. Its 39.99 on PSN thats a bit steep tbh but its a super game never the less.

Cant wait for the new game, anyone know if its optimised for HDR? Wanna put my PS4Pro and 4K telly to good use....:)

Just see in the PS Bargains thread this is in Smyths for €50 if you can't be bothered to go looking for games for the GS offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

[/quote]Cant wait for the new game, anyone know if its optimised for HDR? Wanna put my PS4Pro and 4K telly to good use....:)[/quote]

For sure it'll make use of HDR, I expect this to surpass zero dawn in the shiny department.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Got the last copy of Just Cause 3 in Argos Stephen's Green this morning and traded it into GameStop.
    Roll on Friday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just see in the PS Bargains thread this is in Smyths for €50 if you can't be bothered to go looking for games for the GS offer.

ya, you can pre order with free delivery with smyths for €50 , so hopefully it will be in the post friday, if not monday will do me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

God of War story so far for those who haven’t played them.

Kratos angry!
    Kratos smash!

Multiply by three plus spin-offs.

I've played every single GoW game to completion!

Never realised there was a story in any of them, until you mentioned it there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this game has me interested as I have only played the first one and thought it was alright but nothing special so never bothered with the 2nd one that came with the collection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Haven't seen a single ounce of footage for this game except from its original reveal. I have only heard people talk about it in podcasts that I listen to (spoiler free) and so far I haven't heard a game get so much praise in a long time so I've went and pre-ordered it. Absolutely buzzing for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

1/2 way through my morning in work I realised I'd booked it as a holiday. I'll get this pre-downloaded this week and have taken Friday off instead. This has worked out surprisingly well.

Advertisement