Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This is class, game director live reaction to review scores.

Wow. I've never worked on a single project for 5 years so I can only imagine the relief he feels in that video. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got it delivered from Smyths this morning. It's sitting in my bag, taunting me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Star Lord wrote: »
    Got it delivered from Smyths this morning. It's sitting in my bag, taunting me...

Nice are you in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

My Smyths pre-order just arrived in the post anyway, I'm in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's pretty cool actually. He must have known he had a pretty good game but you'd never be 100% sure how the critics react and then to see it change from 93 (which was beyond expectation I'd say) to 94.
    Just looking at metacritic now and the surprising thing is there's only 8 negative user reviews out of 83

played a few hours of it so far it's very good

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Thats great..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Thats great..

Nice he's gonna regret that if in years time if he makes a okay/bad game and he can't say the oul "ohh reviews don't matter" line hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

biggebruv wrote: »
    Nice are you in Dublin?

Yup, postie dropped it off earlier. Really looking forward to getting into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just back from picking this up.

• Advertisement

Nice guess I'm not getting mine today uggh and I'm off work right now aswell so that just makes it worse lol

Nice guess I'm not getting mine today uggh and I'm off work right now aswell so that just makes it worse lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Is it similar gameplay to the previous ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

No, looks to be more like Last of Us crossed with Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Don't think so, I did find myself thinking it really is just a hack n slash type game but it done differently somehow. Having a long range attack also probably changes it up a bit now I think of it.
    The fixed camera makes it a very different experience to the previous games. It looks and plays awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Got my smyths preorder in the post just now. Roll on 4pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Might pick it up next week when paid. I'll keep an eye on thread for non spoilery info. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

biggebruv wrote: »
    Nice he's gonna regret that if in years time if he makes a okay/bad game and he can't say the oul "ohh reviews don't matter" line hehe

I dont think that will happen somehow,they have raised the standards on this one technically at least (i havent played it yet) so they'll have to work off that benchmark going forward..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Picked this up this morning and played it for an hour.

Have to say im very impressed so far. Combat feels chunky and feels like you're doing damage to people.

Very excited for the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no Smyths pre order in today's post unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Dying to get stuck into this preordered it with Smyths delivered to work today. I still havent finished Farcry but think i'll put it on hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The negative user reviews on metacritic are gas. Why would you be bothered?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The camera in the game reminds me of God hand. Wonder how much influence that game played.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The negative user reviews on metacritic are gas. Why would you be bothered?

Some people just cant be happy for anything.

I love the ones where they're claiming it "ruined" the God of War franchise.

The digital comic was nice. Very short but very nicely presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I havent looked at the comic yet, is it a prologue of some sorts? I assume such because its issue #0 .. ?

I havent looked at the comic yet, is it a prologue of some sorts? I assume such because its issue #0 .. ?

Pretty much it's only about 11 or 12 pages, and can be read like that but can be played kind of like a short clip too which is how it's nicely done.

Has anyone started on Give Me God Of War difficulty? I'm reluctant to do so as it says you can't change it mid game and have to start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Has anyone started on Give Me God Of War difficulty? I'm reluctant to do so as it says you can't change it mid game and have to start over.

I plan to play it through on the difficulty below that and then replay it on give me god of war.

I dont want my first play through to be a slog.

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    I plan to play it through on the difficulty below that and then replay it on give me god of war.

I dont want my first play through to be a slog.

Thats what I opted for myself.

I avoided most of the pre-release hype for this so was pleasantly surprised to hear Christopher Judge's voice.

Advertisement