Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Has anyone started on Give Me God Of War difficulty? I'm reluctant to do so as it says you can't change it mid game and have to start over.

I started on that and it's easy going so far. But I'm still early in the game I think, coming close on 5mins played

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The camera in the game reminds me of God hand. Wonder how much influence that game played.

Love God hand

Can't wait to get stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Just waiting on the day 1 6gb update to download and install

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone not get the pre-order shields from gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Feck it anyway. Almost 800gb of data i have to install on to the new console.

• Advertisement

Playing on the hardest difficulty and i must have died about 10 times on the first tutorial fight. Dunno if the difficulty affects the number of enemies spawned but there was about 8 to 9 in total for me to fight in that area with them needing 3 hits to kill me. On my last attempt i beat them without getting hit at all.

The combat just clicked with me and it makes you feel like a badass! Throwing the axe into an enemy and freezing them as you pummel their buddy with your fists then you recall your axe mid combo for it to hit every enemy in its path. Feelsamazingman

Dunno if its in the menu's or tutorial messages but it seems the enviroment might play an important part in the combat. I froze a guy with my axe then proceeded to punch combo him that ended with a knockback which sent him flying into a wall to be smashed to pieces with the wall splat doing like 50% of his HP!

Loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

About 2 hours in, really enjoying it. Took a while to get used to controling with the throwing/receiving the axe now it's very satisfying, light & heavy attacks then managing Atreus using his bow.
    I enjoyed the boss fight with the Stranger even though I didnt care for his character design being so much physically smaller even if he was invincible. I hope that there are more interactive boss fight endings than tapping R3 to trigger the death scene for the first troll.

• Absolutely incredible opening hour. Playing on the "give me a challenge" difficulty. So challenging yet rewarding

You really need to pay attention to the on screen arrows and not over commit to whats in front of you. Died a fair few times so far from getting sloppy or panicked by numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

About an hour in, really enjoying it, I have a feeling combat will be tough until you unlock since goodies.

My only gripe is the text is too ****ing small. Puts me off reading the journal entries.

The
    stranger
    fight was class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Looks unreal

Enjoying the other elements to the game, like the light puzzle elements and those chests with the runes on them.

• I just said "**** yeah!!" As I stunned some freaky looking thing into submission and then proceeded to rip its head off :)

Love how the tutorials are handled in this. No hand holding.

I noticed after an hour or so of play the game is way brighter than others and I turned down the in game slider way lower than I normally would. Made a hell of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is this hurting anyone else's eyes? So much going on on screen, finding it hard to focus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Loving this game this is my sort jam lol
    It's linear but with just a little open worldish to be worth exploring around after a certain point the game opens up a bit more.

It's kinda like the recent tomb raider in that way were you can go back and enter areas you previously couldn't and I love that style of game more than huge ass empty open world maps.

Combat feels great this surpasses any of the previous god of wars iv played as of right now cannot wait to continue tomorrow.

Gentlemen. It feels like i have died more in the first 3(?) hours of this game than i have in the entirety of any Dark Souls game. Playing on the hardest difficulty and every encounter is me dying a repeating atleast 8-10 times each. Its pretty ****ing nuts.

Do the enemies power up and glow blue in the other difficulties? My axe feels like its doing no damage while i race to kill this ****ing witch before she powers up while 2 of her axe wielding mates are running around after me trying to 2 shot me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Gentlemen. It feels like i have died more in the first 3(?) hours of this game than i have in the entirety of any Dark Souls game. Playing on the hardest difficulty and every encounter is me dying a repeating atleast 8-10 times each. Its pretty ****ing nuts.

Do the enemies power up and glow blue in the other difficulties? My axe feels like its doing no damage while i race to kill this ****ing witch before she powers up while 2 of her axe wielding mates are running around after me trying to 2 shot me

If you're not too far in do yourself a favour and restart on a lower setting. Play the game and enjoy it before subjecting yourself to rage.

I noticed after an hour or so of play the game is way brighter than others and I turned down the in game slider way lower than I normally would. Made a hell of a difference.

Thanks for this, I dropped my brightness from 50 to 25 and looks way better

Also I read the devs will look into increasing the size of text.

https://kotaku.com/hooray-for-games-that-let-you-make-the-text-bigger-1825418258

Lastly, I really wish there was a photo mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Atreus was really starting to annoy me. "Father, there's something up there". Where, you little git!
    Then
    Kratos walked into the light
    . Really good stuff.
    As a sidekick he really helps in some battles. You listening to me Ellie?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I dropped my brightness from 50 to 25 and looks way better

Also I read the devs will look into increasing the size of text.

https://kotaku.com/hooray-for-games-that-let-you-make-the-text-bigger-1825418258

Lastly, I really wish there was a photo mode.

Yeah the text size in menus is my only complaint so far. Hope they address it soon. Plus, Photo Mode is coming soon too.

Loving the game. Absolutely spectacular so far. Feels so different to the previous GOW games in so many aspects but the Kratos and the combat still feel as powerful, brutal and mighty as ever.

Plus one of my favourite things so far, the menu telling you you can sell some things you collected so far because they have no other use for the rest of the game. Why can't more games do that? Usually end up holding on to some things because they seem too unique to just be something to sell.

Penn wrote: »

Plus one of my favourite things so far, the menu telling you you can sell some things you collected so far because they have no other use for the rest of the game. Why can't more games do that? Usually end up holding on to some things because they seem too unique to just be something to sell.

Ah good to know, I was thinking I had to wait to collect a whole set of items to get the reward before selling them individually.

I also love how fast the movement is when you have to do those climb up, gimme your hand or kick the ladder down moments because in uncharted 4 there was so so many and it felt like forever for the character to get up the wall I know it was basicly a hidden loading moment but still .

Sounds crazy I would restart and do the standard difficulty save that one for another round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Atreus was really starting to annoy me. "Father, there's something up there". Where, you little git!
    Then
    Kratos walked into the light
    . Really good stuff.
    As a sidekick he really helps in some battles. You listening to me Ellie?

Wonder how many times "boy" is said in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Loving it so far,but had to drop the difficulty down as this game isnt f**cking about..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah yeah I dropped down the difficulty after the first enemy I encountered annihilated me.
    There's plenty of sections where you're travelling, walking, rowing or whatever for ages and it just doesn't matter. It's very immersive. The story seems nonsense but the characters are very engaging. World seems huge.
    Just met a regular enemy who keeps ohking me in a tomb. Big purple bar over his name and I think the number is 6....6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Is there NG+ for this game?

Enjoying it so far. Kratos is still a violent little sh1t:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I dropped down the difficulty after the first enemy I encountered annihilated me.
    There's plenty of sections where you're travelling, walking, rowing or whatever for ages and it just doesn't matter. It's very immersive. The story seems nonsense but the characters are very engaging. World seems huge.
    Just met a regular enemy who keeps ohking me in a tomb. Big purple bar over his name and I think the number is 6....6

Purple health bars mean the enemy is significantly above you in level. They can be killed, but will more than likely OHK you as you mentioned.

Advertisement