Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I dropped down the difficulty after the first enemy I encountered annihilated me.
    There's plenty of sections where you're travelling, walking, rowing or whatever for ages and it just doesn't matter. It's very immersive. The story seems nonsense but the characters are very engaging. World seems huge.
    Just met a regular enemy who keeps ohking me in a tomb. Big purple bar over his name and I think the number is 6....6

I'm at the same bit, I managed to kill him by using the ranged attack mainly and dodging when I was in close as it didn't seem like it was possible to parry him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Patiently waiting for this to arrive at my Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Guys, curious have any of you seen enemies power up with a blue aura and blue eyes? They gain some life back and have increased damage and increased stun resistance. Even regular draugir do it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Guys, curious have any of you seen enemies power up with a blue aura and blue eyes? They gain some life back and have increased damage and increased stun resistance. Even regular draugir do it

Are they the guys who you can't damage, only stun, so you have to use fists and finish with a stun prompt?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That only happens in the highest difficulty far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The chest opening animation is the most God of War thing to grace a God of War game since those farcical sex mini-games in the older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Is there NG+ for this game?

Enjoying it so far. Kratos is still a violent little sh1t:D:D

No unfortunately but it does seem made for it so i imagine they may add it eventually

It just feels so satisfying to call back the axe. Simple things.

• A new patch just showed up on my PS4 Pro
    Anyone any ideas what it's about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, so I've a good 6 hours put into this, and it is not the same God of War that I was used to. Combat is a lot harder, took me a while to get used to the directional fighting. Not finding the lock on much use.

But, and maybe it's just the way the game is meant to be, but I've no idea what the story is. Did I miss some prequel video or something? No mention of what has happened between 3 and this one. It'll probably reveal the story as I progress.

I think I'm gonna miss some of the feels in this. Don't like kids, Don't want kids, so the while father/son thing is kinda annoying. Don't get me wrong, he's not getting in the way, but I don't like his comments when I'm exploring and he wants me to move on. Shut up boy!

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    A new patch just showed up on my PS4 Pro

"various bug fixes and improvements" was all that was in the patch notes. Some reporting is fixed an issue with black bars on screen

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    A new patch just showed up on my PS4 Pro

http://gearnuke.com/god-of-war-ps4-patch-1-11-released-to-fox-aspect-ratio-issues/

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Playing on Give me a Challenge and it's really tough, that became apparent straight away when it took me 7 or 8 attempts to clear the first enemy encounter, although that was partly down to learning the new controls and only figuring out where the shield was on attempt 5. I've found using Atreus's bow to be slow but effective hold back and let him do the work, it feels cheap at times but it's the only way I've managed to clear some areas.

I'm at the mountain's base now, just had a fight that included 5 of those guys that regenerate their health if you don't finish them off quickly, had to abandoned the hold back approach and isolate 1 at a time to finish them (whilst avoiding something else).

It feels like GoW and yet it doesn't, I'm enjoying it so far it's a good evolution that was badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nolan North and Troy Baker confirmed as VA's in this. I'm guessing North is Brok and Baker is his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Switched from Resolution to Performance and the game looks even better. The framerate bump and HDR really kicked in. Game looks stunning in certain areas.

So far, I can see why it's getting high ratings and reviews. In many ways it's the product of Sony exclusives to come before it. It has the puzzles and scenery of Uncharted, the story and brutality of The Last of Us, and the fast-paced combat and RPG elements of Horizon. Yet it still feels enough like a unique experience to not simply be a clone of any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

So, I take it this a must buy then?!

Most definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looks great but a lack of funds and gaming time mean I'm going to wait until there's a sale to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Even you'd be a happy camper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Looks great but a lack of funds and gaming time mean I'm going to wait until there's a sale to pick it up.

You can get it for €40 by buying just cause 3 in Argos for €20, then trading that in to gamestop plus €20 for GoW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You can get it for €40 by buying just cause 3 in Argos for €20, then trading that in to gamestop plus €20 for GoW.

The makers of JC3 must be wondering what the fook is going on with the increase in physical sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Balls. Wish I saw this earlier. I traded few games in CEX then picked up the game in Smyths. Ah well. Been playing for a short time, still in the tutorial area but liking what I've played so far. Rarely get games on release but this one seemed to really appeal to me and the reviews report both players and critics seem to be universally good. It'll be cool to be involved in the initial discoveries people will no doubt make for once.

It's weird I never played the other games, and this very much is a game of this generation but I get a real feeling of my PS2 days playing this for some reason. Not a negative in any sense for me.

• It's weird I never played the other games, and this very much is a game of this generation but I get a real feeling of my PS2 days playing this for some reason. Not a negative in any sense for me.

Can't believe you haven't played any of the other ones. Do yourself a favour and get the PS3 collection. 1&2 are the best

What I've picked up so far is they are linking in the past story piece by piece. Really well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

I've always liked the games.

The older games on easy/normal they are button mashers , on hard the game gets good.

Got as far as the World Serpent before i had to start a new save on second hardest difficulty as the highest one was actually ****ing stupid. I love hard games, Nioh, Ninja Gaiden, Dark Souls, you name it, but this game feels like my character doesn't have the tools to deal with the situations and I have to find ways to exploit the game or enemy AI as I have done in alot of the encounters.

What broke the camels back was a pack of 5 dudes that could regenerate life and there was no way to interrupt them because of the Hard mode only mechanic that makes them immune to most forms of CC.

Gonna keep the save file, might come back to it if I feel the need to smash up some joypads

Got as far as the World Serpent before i had to start a new save on second hardest difficulty as the highest one was actually ****ing stupid. I love hard games, Nioh, Ninja Gaiden, Dark Souls, you name it, but this game feels like my character doesn't have the tools to deal with the situations and I have to find ways to exploit the game or enemy AI as I have done in alot of the encounters.

What broke the camels back was a pack of 5 dudes that could regenerate life and there was no way to interrupt them because of the Hard mode only mechanic that makes them immune to most forms of CC.

Gonna keep the save file, might come back to it if I feel the need to smash up some joypads

I'm playing lower difficulty too but I can tell you that you can get a near double your HP around that point from the apples and increase to rage not long after in the realm.But yeah I feel the invest in XP into skills doesn't really keep you alive longer and the new runes for L1 + R1/R2 moves have to be set and committed to and are mostly situational. You get a press square to revive thing too at the store but it's not going to be much good on give me god of war.

Only found 1 apple and 1 rage horn up to that point so i must have missed some. Gonna look around areas more this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I keep thinking this is the best game I ever played without an AK47, maybe the best ever.

• Advertisement

Only found 1 apple and 1 rage horn up to that point so i must have missed some. Gonna look around areas more this time.

I definitely had three apples by that point I think.

Advertisement