Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CPA P2

• 14-06-2016 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Sorry I know I asked something similar before but I have just passed Three subjects in P1.. I have one left in P1 Which I will sit in August, so I will be at P2 Stage then for April 2017,

I really want to qualify next year, I'm 29 and sick of crap money and long hours etc,

My dad has terminal cancer also, so there is a bit of pressure on me to get my exams passed as I know it would make him happy, and also I know this sounds very morbid but I want to qualify quickly, in order to make him proud before he would pass away, so he knows I got there in the end, and that I will be ok.

Question I am asking is - Has anyone on boards ever sat the P2 Papers in the April and actually passed them all? My electives would be Audit & Tax.

Thanks a mill any reply would be greatly appreciated. I Rang CPA today, I must pass the P1 in August to get to the P2 stage in April. Study options I use are Griffith College Dublin elearning & revision classes, :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

sat 4 p2's for the first time in aug 15 got 3 then and got the remaining one last week. it all boils down to how much you want it and how much work you are willing to put in. i believe some people have got the 4 at once

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Powerfairy

fair play frankiethefish for sitting the 4 in August, I always find it hard in summer. Do you mind me asking did you get study leave from work? thanks

hi powerfairy, i wish you all the best with the exams by the way. re when sitting the 4 four exams i probably took 3 weeks or so during the summer. week in june week in july week in august say. i find it hard to study in blocks the main bulk of my study was done over a 4 month period in summer studying every tues night and thurs night after work and studying one day every weekend.

hi powerfairy, i wish you all the best with the exams by the way. re when sitting the 4 four exams i probably took 3 weeks or so during the summer. week in june week in july week in august say. i find it hard to study in blocks the main bulk of my study was done over a 4 month period in summer studying every tues night and thurs night after work and studying one day every weekend.

Thanks A Mil, this was really helpful to me, :) One final question I Hope you don't mind me asking, what elective subjects did you pick for your P2 Exams? thanks again for all the info,

i did tax, audit, s&l, and acr

• Advertisement

important point to remember is if you start p2 april 17 you have to be done aug 18 or beg for another sit. so if you did only one exam say apr 17 you have in effect passed up on a sit of the other 3

same as me.

important point to remember is if you start p2 april 17 you have to be done aug 18 or beg for another sit. so if you did only one exam say apr 17 you have in effect passed up on a sit of the other 3

thanks for letting me know about this, basically every sitting (I get 4) I should be trying to get them all, so I can exhaust the time allotted to passing them - 4 attempts rather than forfeiting a sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

Hi powerfairy,
    I sat and passed all 4 p2 subjects in April 2014, I did tax and audit as the electives.
    I did the distance learning for strategy/leadership and audit, and went to classes for tax and adv Corp rep.
    I was given 4 weeks study leave from work, a week per subject, plus the day of the exam. The study leave was defo needed.
    It is definitely do-able. Best of luck with them!! :)

bluepants wrote: »
    Hi powerfairy,
    I sat and passed all 4 p2 subjects in April 2014, I did tax and audit as the electives.
    I did the distance learning for strategy/leadership and audit, and went to classes for tax and adv Corp rep.
    I was given 4 weeks study leave from work, a week per subject, plus the day of the exam. The study leave was defo needed.
    It is definitely do-able. Best of luck with them!! :)

Thanks so much for this info! take care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Cpa1982

Any CPA books for audit , tax , financial reporting for sale ?

Advertisement