Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Type 2 coolant...

• 14-06-2016 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

My 8th gen 06 1.4l petrol Honda Civic needs engine coolant. The manual says to use genuine Honda type 2 coolant but I can't find it. What coolant should I use instead and how much will I need? It looks pretty empty tbh!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have you tried a Honda dealer near you? They should carry all the Honda coolants and lubricants.
    If you are running low there is a problem and not filling the reservoir back up to the correct level will result in a bigger problem!
    Buy some De-ionised water and top it off with that until you can get some of the correct coolant from Honda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

The nearest Honda dealership is 45 min away from me so that's pretty inconvenient but I'll give them a call. Is it something to worry about given the fact the cars 10 years old with 135k on the clock and it's unlikely the coolant was changed before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Some engines are funny about which coolant they use, silicate or non silicate etc
    I know water pumps can be unhappy with incompatible coolants as well, you should have a check as to where its being lost from as well, could be a leaky hose or waterpump and that would be worth investigating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Thanks for the replies. Coincidently I was sent to within a 10 min drive of that Honda dealership with work today and I had a few hours to kill, so I nipped over and picked up 5 litres of genuine Honda type 2 coolant for €22. Will top it up this evening and start looking for any possibie leaks.

Advertisement