Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Download Speeds and Online Play Problems

Options
  • 14-06-2016 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

So recently our household switched over to Vodafone for home broadband. On PS4 I'm having multiple issues with the connection. The download speeds are under half a Meg a second but in rest mode the speeds seem to be what they should be. Because of this I also cannot connect to online servers. Can't get calibrations for Dark Souls or summon players in. Yet on my PS3 and PS Vita the download speeds are very fast and what they should be. Is there any solution to this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So recently our household switched over to Vodafone for home broadband. On PS4 I'm having multiple issues with the connection. The download speeds are under half a Meg a second but in rest mode the speeds seem to be what they should be. Because of this I also cannot connect to online servers. Can't get calibrations for Dark Souls or summon players in. Yet on my PS3 and PS Vita the download speeds are very fast and what they should be. Is there any solution to this?

Wired or wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Wired or wireless?

Wireless due to the router location but this never caused a problem with the previous Broadband provider eircom.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wireless due to the router location but this never caused a problem with the previous Broadband provider eircom.

Get yourself a set of homeplugs and that will solve the issue ;) the VF router can be rubbish for wifi.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3326877/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7C19780850%7CWireless+networking%7C14419015/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419015%7CPowerline+adaptor+kits%7C26066890.htm

jonnycivic wrote: »

Will this definitely resolve the problem? Its highly frustrating due to the whole DRM for playing digital games

Will this definitely resolve the problem? Its highly frustrating due to the whole DRM for playing digital games

I noticed a huge difference on mine when I bought them last week.

On a 100 Meg connection I was only getting roughly 20 down but when downloading it was less than 1meg down. Since I put these in I am getting 70+ meg and my downloads are a tonne faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

If you check the wireless settings on your router and set 802.11 Mode to 802.11n only. It should improve your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

PSN download speeds are, and always have been, really poor. I'm on a wired 250mb Virgin connection and it took me five days to download 867gb of games after upgrading to a 2TB drive.

So I bought the TP Link and hooked it up just ther . Speeds are up to around 12 megs a second and I am able to join and play online games no bother.

PSN download speeds are, and always have been, really poor. I'm on a wired 250mb Virgin connection and it took me five days to download 867gb of games after upgrading to a 2TB drive.

I did that exact same thing recently. With the Virgin speeds who knew how long it would have taken. I wonder is it too late for Playstation to totally overhaul PSN and be rid of all the antiquated restrictions? They really didn't plan ahead with the infrastructure at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Could it be an ISP problem. My download speeds on PSN are solid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement